Options

In Rainbows Bonus Disc

Its Evolution BabyIts Evolution Baby Posts: 849
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Does anyone think that any of these songs belonged on the In Rainbows album.

My vote is 4 Minute Warning and Down is the New Up.

Bangers and Mash rocks but its definitely a bside.
10/31/2000 (****)
6/7/2003 (***1/2)
7/9/2006 (****1/2)
7/13/2006 (**** )
4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
10/1/2009 LA II (****)
10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I thought Bangers N Mash should have been on the album.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    I thought Bangers N Mash should have been on the album.
    I would have like it to be on there too but I'm just glad it was released. While the bonus disc songs are all solid imo, the main album tracklist works very well as it is...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I'm actually glad none of the bonus songs were on the main album. I don't think they really fit. Its nice to hear them but I can see why they were omitted.

Personally I didn't really like the production on "down is the new up". Sounds over-inflated. There is a stripped down piano version that I've seen on youtube, and i like it much better.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    don't have it, haven't heard it, want to hear it.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    don't have it, haven't heard it, want to hear it.
    ditto
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I like it almost as much as the first disc. Down is the New Up, Bangers and Mash, and 4 Minute Warning are spectacular songs. I added those in to my In Rainbows cd and got rid of All I Need, Faust Arp and Videotape(Don't hate me because I know everyone else loves it). Last Flowers and Up on a Ladder are decent also.
  • Options
    MP3 link?
  • Options
    Does anyone think that any of these songs belonged on the In Rainbows album.

My vote is 4 Minute Warning and Down is the New Up.

Bangers and Mash rocks but its definitely a bside.
    Could not agree more.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Bremerton wrote:
    I like it almost as much as the first disc. Down is the New Up, Bangers and Mash, and 4 Minute Warning are spectacular songs. I added those in to my In Rainbows cd and got rid of All I Need, Faust Arp and Videotape(Don't hate me because I know everyone else loves it). Last Flowers and Up on a Ladder are decent also.

faust arp and videotape i can see being disposed of but all i need is a great song.
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    sponger wrote:
    faust arp and videotape i can see being disposed of but all i need is a great song.

videotape deserves its place. i agree though that all i need is a great song. one of my favorites.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    sponger wrote:
    thom yorke thinks videotape is the greatest thing radiohead have ever put to record
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    thom yorke thinks videotape is the greatest thing radiohead have ever put to record

Easily top 5 for me.....out of everything radiohead have done.....

the lyrics to videotape are just so, so beautiful.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Would anyone be so kind as to share this bonus disc with us?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    itsevobaby wrote:

It is...well its probably tied with Street Spirit for best album closing song. Videotape is a brilliant song.