Smashing Pumpkins to tour w/Cure...

GivenToFlyFreakGivenToFlyFreak Posts: 86
edited January 2006 in Other Music
It was announced on French radio stations and can be found on the Cure's website... it appears as if a re-united Smashing Pumpkins will play summer dates with the Cure.

No mention as to who is in the re-united Pumpkins, or if this is a full fledged tour or just a festival, but I'd have to say it's good news none the less!

Just think, that would be one hell of a show!!!

GivenToFlyFreak
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lies...link me.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    very cool thanks!

I did nto see it on their website though do you have a link to the page with the info?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • it would be really great...but i didn't find it at Cure's official webpage!can sb help?
    If I would, would you?
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    there is nothing on the cures official site that says anything about the pumkins re-uniting...
    FUCK YOU! YOU GOT ME ALL EXITED AND THEN I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Hey I am just reporting what I came across on a smashing pumpkins website alright! It was reported on a radio station in France and others have reported it as well...

I WAS ABLE TO FIND IT ON THE CURE'S SITE, it was on their message board people were talking about it!

Don't go and shoot the messenger people, I am the biggest Pumpkins fan around and was leary at first when I heard it (first read it at http://www.netphoria.org.... a pumpkins website).

If you don't believe me fine, but Corgan and Robert Smith are great friends (they did a cover of the Bee Gee's 'To Love Somebody' on Corgan's solo album); he had always maintained they influenced the Pumpkins sound; and if you looked at his myspace page he said that there would be an anouncement soon... When he first mentioned the Pumpkins re-union/reformation he said they would most likely be touring in 2006.

So there it is, take it for what it's worth...

GivenToFlyFreak
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Now, that's gonna be an awesome bill.
    I bet Billy and Robert will sing on something together.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    a bump for tHe cUrE and the sMaShing puMpkiNs!...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Holy Shite Balls!!!! That sounds too good to be true!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    if it is the ORIGINAL line-up, count me IN to see them!!! I have been wanting to see the Pumpkins live ever since I was 13!!! This is going to kick ASS if it is w/D'arcy, James, Billy and Jimmy!!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    This is almost too good to be true... Although I must admit that even the possibility of such a thing happening is pretty damned exciting.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I checked the site, and I still don't see proof...I'm calling your fluff
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    hope its true..would be a super tour
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111907

Here is a link to the forum it was discussed on. Take it for what it's worth.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    we can only hope, i'd give my right arm to see the pumpkins live. one point of concern is james iha, i really hope if the pumpkins did reunite it wouldn't mean james leaving a perfect circle, i love both bands and it'd be a real shame to see him leave apc, he fits their sound and vibe beautifully
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • If it's the original lineup, it'll kick some ass. Even more so if they played shit from their first few albums, before they fired Chamberlain. They work best without the drum machines and shit. IMO
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    U-R wrote:
    we can only hope, i'd give my right arm to see the pumpkins live. one point of concern is james iha, i really hope if the pumpkins did reunite it wouldn't mean james leaving a perfect circle, i love both bands and it'd be a real shame to see him leave apc, he fits their sound and vibe beautifully

Agreed, but I would rather him be in the Pumpkins. Imagine the Pumpkins. That would kickass. If they tour, I hope they do some serious rockin, and bust out the early stuff.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    maybe The Cure could make a quick stop in florida...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    man, i hope the cure tour some time and the pumpkins too
  • U-R wrote:

It shouldn't be a problem. APC won't be doing any for a few years anyway since Maynard is back working with Tool. Unless Billy turns into a tyrant again I would imagine he could be in both bands if he wants to.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    It shouldn't be a problem. APC won't be doing any for a few years anyway since Maynard is back working with Tool. Unless Billy turns into a tyrant again I would imagine he could be in both bands if he wants to.

Yeah given the huge amount of touring that Tool usually does, they toured for about 2 years on Lateralus, and then I imagine Maynard will almost certainly will be taking a break after that, I don't really see APC being active again for awhile.

I just really wonder how well the reunited Pumpkins are going to get along...
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    where's the proof guys?...lets see a link