Best album design concept of 2005????

OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
edited January 2006 in Other Music
my vote would have to go to NIN- With Teeth
i love the whole trent disentegrating in lines thing and how it runs onto the cd as well
bloody impressive.the website is great too.
Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    either The Sunlandic Twins or Paper Anniversary
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I think the SOAD packing is pretty ingenious.
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I think the SOAD packing is pretty ingenious.
    NO FUCKING WAY!!! i was all like "its gonna be so cool to have the 2 cds conect" and it ended up being a shitty peice of cardboard that slipped into the other cd case pocket...

best was NIN - With Teeth for sure, nice and simple AND also mystrerious without a booklet and all
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • neil young's prairie wind...it's 100% recycled materials and printed with soy inks. it's also the first cd i have purchased that does not have the cd wedged into the packaging so that you scratch it and / or get fingerprints on it each time you try to get it out. it comes with two sleeves that slide out easily...one with the cd, one with the dvd. no more scratches, no more waste...
    neil young's prairie wind...it's 100% recycled materials and printed with soy inks. it's also the first cd i have purchased that does not have the cd wedged into the packaging so that you scratch it and / or get fingerprints on it each time you try to get it out. it comes with two sleeves that slide out easily...one with the cd, one with the dvd. no more scratches, no more waste...

Man constellation records has been doing that for years
  • Echoes wrote:

not familiar with constellation...
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    they did that environmentally friendly thing with REMs greatest hits (in time) as well and that was done under the Warner Bros record label
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• Omarama wrote:
    they did that environmentally friendly thing with REMs greatest hits (in time) as well and that was done under the Warner Bros record label

it would be nice to see them all get away from the plastic cases, eh?
    yeah that would be good.i never really thought of that.
    but i didn't explain the REM thing properly.it was in a plastic case but the booklet was environmentally friendly.pj are have done a few of their albums with out plastic cases (yield and vitalogy )
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• Echoes wrote:

i looked into constellation...small label out of montreal right? looks like they are doing the right thing. good to see.
    i looked into constellation...small label out of montreal right? looks like they are doing the right thing. good to see.

Yeah, bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, A Silver Mount Zion, Fly Pan Am, Exhaust. GOod bands that no one really hears that much about and are usually pretty good guys

And the packaging is usually great too
  • i've seen godspeed a couple of times. awesome! i didn't know the name of their label. the other band names i wasn't familiar with. thanks for turning me on to the site.
    Sometimes they can be overly pretentious, but for the most part they put their money where their mouth is and produce some quality records.
    Omarama wrote:
    yeah that would be good.i never really thought of that.
    but i didn't explain the REM thing properly.it was in a plastic case but the booklet was environmentally friendly.pj are have done a few of their albums with out plastic cases (yield and vitalogy )

The only PJ albums i have with plastic cases are Ten and Vs. The rest are digi-pack.
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Soad??????
    take your money and your drugs.
    System of a Down
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    System of a Down

ooh. too hardcore for me. i was going to suggest the decemberists :)
    take your money and your drugs.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    The only PJ albums i have with plastic cases are Ten and Vs. The rest are digi-pack.

whats digi-pack? cardboard cases? i don't own every pearl jam album but that makes sense since the only pearl jam album i own in a plastic case is ten.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I like Thrice's Vheissu. Really cool album art.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • grace6697 wrote:
    ooh. too hardcore for me. i was going to suggest the decemberists :)

You know, I used to think that about SOAD too, but then I realized I just hadn't heard the right songs. They have some stuff with some really beautiful harmonies. A lot of them are peppered with some Armenian folk music. If you get into that stuff, it's a pretty easy transition to the harder stuff. Try a song like "Lost in Hollywood" or "Roulette." Some songs have both, like "Chop Suey" or "Radio/Video" or "ATWA". They really are quite versatile. But the Decemberists are pretty great as well.