Options

Your Very First Concert

Comments

• Options
    NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Ringo Starr and His All Star Band - w/ Peter Frampton, Jack Bruce and Simon Kirke

May '97
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    elmer wrote:
    a 'stadium' in Mile End? what was it, like a snooker hall or sumfink?

Lol! Well apparently they played to over 27,000 people there, so it was a pretty big place. I think it's being refurbished at the moment, probably for the Olympics or something. I was only 13 at the time, and I remember being shit scared walking about Mile End afterwards!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Lol! Well apparently they played to over 27,000 people there, so it was a pretty big place. I think it's being refurbished at the moment, probably for the Olympics or something. I was only 13 at the time, and I remember being shit scared walking about Mile End afterwards!
    yeah, has got its little corners of gentrification now but still dodgy late on I should think.

I just did a google search and found out that Geri Halliwell rates it as her 2nd favourite gig ever. :)
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    yeah, has got its little corners of gentrification now but still dodgy late on I should think.

I just did a google search and found out that Geri Halliwell rates it as her 2nd favourite gig ever. :)

Haha! I wouldn't go that far! I've seen hurdreds better since, but it was pretty cool for a first experience.
  • Options
    Lollapalooza '92 - Miami

Show Lineup:
    in reverse performing order

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pearl Jam

'NUFF SAID!!!
  • Options
    Nazereth 1978

Does anyone remember them?
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    Nazereth 1978

They did that song Love Hurts right?!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Nazereth 1978

Hell Yeah, that's a blast from the past. You won't see too many other peeps saying that was there first show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 802
    my first concert was not by choice to see Counting Crows and John Mayer in 2000. i was only 10, but I still swear that the Counting Crows were pretty good. Since then I've seen many good shows, The Allman Brothers at the Beacon Theater three times, Clapton at MSG, tons of local concerts etc etc. all leading up to the first concert I was COMPLETELY psyched to go to- MSG I from this year. Then EV solo at NJPAC which i almost freaked out when I realized I had 8th row seats (thanks 10c). And Im going to see Joe Satriani with Mountain in October.
    /end concert history
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Hey!! :mad:

really? :)
    that's cool thou.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Do any of you remember what that first show cost?

I got mine through my recreation department and it was $7.00 with the state discount in 1978. Elizebeth was our counselor and she took us all in the county van, how she kept up with us all I'll never know.

Man, I had a huge crush on her. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Do any of you remember what that first show cost?

I got mine through my recreation department and it was $7.00 with the state discount in 1978. Elizebeth was our counselor and she took us all in the county van, how she kept up with us all I'll never know.

Man, I had a huge crush on her. :)

Peace

Free. Used to be good free music in the summer in my hometown - Grand Rapids. Must be I'm old or out of touch or something now... still not 30.
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    Offspring '99 in SLC, UT I was in 7th grade! haha.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    They did that song Love Hurts right?!

Surely you've heard "Hair Of The Dog".
  • Options
    AC/DC Back in Black tour 1981.... I was 16
    the Minions
  • Options
    AC/DC Back in Black tour 1981.... I was 16

What was that like and in what city was it?

Peace

• Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Rolling Stones
    Z.Z.-Top
    Fabulous Thunderbirds

Houston Astrodome 10/28/1981
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    May/June 1994 - Toronto, Maple Leaf Gardens

3. Biohazard
    2. Sepultura
    1. Pantera

My poor 16 year old ears were raped by that show, and they were never the same :p
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    boyz II men and montel jordan - allentown fair 1995

i was 12 and my mom dragged me there with my older sister who was obssessed with boyz II men. it was actually pretty entertaining for the first half hour or so. at least at the time i thought it was.
  • Options
    my aunt and uncle brought me to a concert at the NY state fair when i was really young (i don't remember how old i was or what year it was, but i remember some of the concert). it was crystal gayle with ray stevens opening. we had some pretty good seats, too.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    What was your very first concert? Sorry if this has been done before, but I searched old threads and didn't see one.

My first was Three Dog Night w/ opener Ten-Wheel Drive in 1970 at the Felt Forum
    When I saw this thread title I immediately thought that I'd be too embarrassed to post what my first concert was. Then I read the OP! :D

My first show was Three Dog Night in 1969 with a local band called Courtship as the opener in Fort Worth, Texas. I was 15 and went with a couple of friends.

Within a year I'd seen John Mayall, Johnny Winter, Freddy King, Mountain, Traffic, Santana, and (fanfare, please) Jimi Hendrix.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    NIN- March 2006, Rochester NY. Up front GA tickets. My ears hurt afterwords but I will NEVER forget it.
  • Options
    spin doctors with soul asylum and screaming trees-91?92?
    new haven coliseum.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Garth Brooks ~ Palace of Auburn Hills!

Amazing show and if he was still touring, I'd go again (granted the ticket was less than $50)
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Surely you've heard "Hair Of The Dog".

Nope! Listening to it now. I'm disappointed that the lyrics are "Now you're messin' with a son of a bitch" and not "now you're pissing me off, son of a bitch" as I thought!
  • Options
    When I saw this thread title I immediately thought that I'd be too embarrassed to post what my first concert was. Then I read the OP! :D

My first show was Three Dog Night in 1969 with a local band called Courtship as the opener in Fort Worth, Texas. I was 15 and went with a couple of friends.

Within a year I'd seen John Mayall, Johnny Winter, Freddy King, Mountain, Traffic, Santana, and (fanfare, please) Jimi Hendrix.

:D That's awesome ! Here's a high five for Hendrix. Other favorites for me were: The Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Pink Floyd and Hot F*ckn' Tuna !
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242
    Ratt on the Out of the Cellar tour...Opener was Bon Jovi. 1984
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Extreme - Glasgow SECC '92 age 13

Me and two friends in our jean shorts and DMs on our own thrid row @ a GA show. What were our parents thinking :eek: :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Michael Jackson, 1997.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    What was that like and in what city was it?

Peace

St. Louis at the old Checkerdome....

My tickets were way in the back but me and my buds snuck up front...
    I couldn't get over how small Angus was, I was about 5' 8" 140 at the time and Angus looked to be about my size....so much energy though... but at the time it was odd to hear this new vocalist (Brian Johnson) sing Problem Child, Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell etc....

We were really missing Bon Scott at that time

...and yeah, they were all dressed in schoolboy knickers...
    the Minions