Options

Just got my first Neil Young album

i_am_a_wishlisti_am_a_wishlist Posts: 628
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I got Rust Never Sleeps for a post Xmas bargin price. I loved his greatest hits so I though I'd get an album. Pretty good stuff. I love My My Hey Hey and Hey Hey My My. I havn't gotten all they way through it yet so I'm sure there is more great songs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enjoy the journey...
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    powderfinger
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    powderfinger

AGREED! Powderfinger is my fav Neil Young song, just love it :)
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    Please follow it up with Harvest Moon and Prairie Wind.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    ... not to mention the first harvest and weld, such an awesome live album
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Not to turn this into everyone telling you what to get next, but get Tonight's the Night.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    lol - ill add my 2 cents - get after the goldrush first - then move on from there
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    From that album i always thought the stand out song was Thrasher.

As for other albums ..... Harvest is a good one to get next espcially if you like the softer acoustic neil.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    greendale is a great cd...there's like 3 or 4 versions of it out...with bonus discs

don't miss out ;)
  • Options
    greendale is a great cd...there's like 3 or 4 versions of it out...with bonus discs

don't miss out ;)

very underrated disc! it's solid all the way through and a great story too. have you ever seen the greendale movie? it's pretty cool, filmed by shakey himself. the tour for greendale was like a play for the album as well, a great concert experience!
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    In my opinion Live Rust is his best live album. It has a little something for everyone. So good...
  • Options
    Everbody Knows This is Nowhere......get it.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    I got Rust Never Sleeps for a post Xmas bargin price. I loved his greatest hits so I though I'd get an album. Pretty good stuff. I love My My Hey Hey and Hey Hey My My. I havn't gotten all they way through it yet so I'm sure there is more great songs.

This is such a cute post, I think I'm gonna cry. :D
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    nice man - i remember my first neil young album

400th post!
  • Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Good for You!

Enjoy.....It'll be a great journey! :-)

Have a listen to Decade too.....
  • Options
    on the beach is an excellent album too. i feel everyone should hear ambulance blues once in their life.
    And after all this, won't you give me a smile?
  • Options
    dan_vedder wrote:
    AGREED! Powderfinger is my fav Neil Young song, just love it :)

me to me to

10 blah blah blah
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    good album, but songs like powderfinger, welfare mothers and hey hey my my sound better on his live album, weld. plus, the version of cortez the killer on that double live album is just fucking wow.
  • Options
    Just stop beating around the bush, and get his greatest hits album...it's been on constant rotation on the ipod for the past 6 months and it never gets tiring. "Down by the River" as an opener, with that crazy bass line, and the classic feedback of the guitar...amazing. HArd to believe some folks don't get Neil....they either love him or hate him.
    "Worship the music, not the musician"
    EV
    4/16/92 ; 7/22/92 ; 9/20/92 ; 12/7/93 ; 6/7/95 ; 9/14/96 ; 9/16/96 ; 9/1/98 ; 11/2/00 ; 10/22/01 ; 12/6/02 ; 12/8/02 ; 5/30/03 ; 7/6/03 ; 7/8/03 ; 7/9/03 ; 10/22/03 ; 11/24/03 ; 9/1/05 ; 9/2/05 ; 7/9/06 ; 7/10/06 ; 7/22/06 ; 7/23/06 ; 8/22/2009 ; 8/23/2009 ; 9/21/2009 ; 9/22/2009 ; 9/3/2011 ; 9/4/2011