Foo Fighters-Foo Fighters

T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Another amazing album that doesnt seem to get enough respect, Your thoughts?
PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
My god he's been ate!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's the one that first got me started in the band back in 1995, i got it stolen in 2000 and i am very pissed about that, i love it! Weenie Beenie and Good Grief are my favourite tracks....
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    For all the cows. Good song. Much better live.
    I like the first album. It sounds heaps different to their other albums. I like that they're all different albums.
  • VON wrote:
    For all the cows. Good song. Much better live.
    I like the first album. It sounds heaps different to their other albums. I like that they're all different albums.

Yeah it sounds heaps different to their other stuff, it's more raw and more grungy and yes each album sounds different and has it's own sound. I love that about the foo fighters.
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    Yeah it sounds heaps different to their other stuff, it's more raw and more grungy and yes each album sounds different and has it's own sound. I love that about the foo fighters.

Couldnt have said it better myself. :)
  • VON wrote:
    Couldnt have said it better myself. :)

:D but you did kindda say it before i did, i just expanded on that :)
  • It's an alright album but it's probably my least favorite album. It's got good songs but I just like the others more. I even liked One By One which seems to be hated by a lot of people for some reason.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • pj_zombie wrote:
    It's an alright album but it's probably my least favorite album. It's got good songs but I just like the others more. I even liked One By One which seems to be hated by a lot of people for some reason.

I love one by one, especially All My Life which to me is a freaking classic rock masterpice and LOW totally kicks ass, just to mention a few cool songs, but i also looooove the foo fighters first album.
  • I love one by one, especially All My Life which to me is a freaking classic rock masterpice

I agree with that, All My Life is a great rock song. Times Like These was my favorite song off that album though.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    any album that has "Ill Stick Around" would automatically be awesome but this has added bonuses like Alone + Easy target, GOOD GRIEF, Wattershed....great album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Truly great record. I've always loved that Dave did it by himself and that it's really held up to repeated (and I mean repeated) listening. I just recommended it to someone who is just getting into the Foos because of In Your Honour. I told them they MUST hear the first album and TCATS in order to get properly sucked in. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    ONe By One is my least favorite, some classics but also a lot of filler
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I have never been a big foo fighters fan but i do like their new stuff. I saw them with Weezer back in October and have to say i was impressed they are great live.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • i wish every foo fighter album was at least as half as good as this one. plus, they only do like one song from it when they play live. so weak.
  • It's basically the Foo Fighters Demo. Not a bad thing at all. I love this CD. And whoever said it was incredible that Dave wrote everything and did everything, you're right, what a fucking musician.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Well what an amazing demo, incredible to trip on........