Options

30 Seconds to Mars

JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
edited November 2005 in Other Music
Anyone else like them? I just now started listening and they are good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I saw them on T.V. last night and couldn't take it seriously. Jared Leto has definitely got some pipes, but it was just way too melodramatic for my taste.
  • Options
    I saw them on T.V. last night and couldn't take it seriously. Jared Leto has definitely got some pipes, but it was just way too melodramatic for my taste.

If you mean on Carson Daly then I agree 100%. They didn't use to be like that though, on their first album it was actually good music and live they didn't try and act like My Chemical Romance the 2nd coming. On this new album, they've totally jumped on the bandwagon and it is not good at all.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    How can anyone take "Jordan Catalano" seriously as a musician? lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Saw them when they opened for Audioslave, and I hated them!!! Jared Leto was really, really, annoying, enough said.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I SAW THEM LAST WEEK AT THE FREAKIN' AUDIOSLAVE SHOW AND THEY WERE COMPLETELY ANNOYING!!!! THAT LEAD SINGER DUDE IS JUST WRONG!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Saw them when they opened for Audioslave, and I hated them!!! Jared Leto was really, really, annoying, enough said.
    I also saw them open for audioslave and they hands down sucked ass
  • Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    I also saw them open for Audioslave and I thought they were a shit-ton better than Seether, who followed.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    Leto is a very good singer IMO.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wow! Right on Jellyrolls. It's nice to find someone that digs them not only around these parts...but PERIOD. :eek: haha. I saw them open for Audioslave 3 times and they just kept getting better and better in my mind. First time I saw them I just couldn't get that ATTACK song outta my head. They write some catchy stuff imo.

I thought the crowd reaction to them was pretty disrespectful to say the least.
    r2g2 wrote:
    I also saw them open for Audioslave and I thought they were a shit-ton better than Seether, who followed.

HA! OMG THANK YOU! Seether = snorefest. Really, I felt like the odd one out cuze while I was enjoying 30 Seconds To Mars everyone else was yawning...then on comes Seether and everyone else finally wakes up and eats that shit up while I'm in the corner fighting to keep my eyes open! :eek: LOL!! But seriously, I was respectful to them anyways just cuze I think that's how you should be. I hid the yawns. :p People were just flat out rude about 30 Seconds To Mars...booing them , yelling "fuck you" to Jared. hahaha.....oh my god someone did actually yell out "Jordan Catalano" at the Long Beach show!! :D

I like this band. I was able to go into it without focusing on him and his history as an actor or whatever (although I admit when I first saw them and he was working that style and eyeliner there were a few "good lord" moments. :p;) ) so it really didn't feel cheesy, contrived, or weird to me. Just another beatiful man rockin the stage. Props to him! I think he actually makes a good frontman. He seems really comfortable and at home up there. I definitely think they have a different sound and I really appreciate that about them. I also think they put on a great live show...made a fan out of me. I also must agree with ya Jellyrolls...Jared can WAIL! I like his voice a lot. So yeah...you're not alone in this and neither am I it seems. :D

Have you heard their cover of Bjorks "HUNTER"???? It's fuckin incredible.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••