Alice in Chains on VH1 Classic

KeeponJamminKeeponJammin Posts: 20
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Man I miss Layne Staley. The guy from Pantera isn't even close.

Painful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    that guy form pantera is named dimebag darrell and hes one of the greatest guarist
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• that guy form pantera is named dimebag darrell and hes one of the greatest guarist

No dimebag darrell is dead. It was the singer from Pantera.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    No dimebag darrell is dead. It was the singer from Pantera.
    no really like i didnt know that. got confused my bad. and yes no one is like layne
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I wish I got VH1 up here :(

Don't suppose anyone taped it?
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • hugepjfanhugepjfan Posts: 110
    Layne Staley is a legend with a legendary, unique natural voice and a brilliant lyricist.
    HugePJFan
    "...You try it, I give you the room, you try..."
  • Who was the guy from Pantera?

I heard William DuVall was the new AIC singer.
  • Who was the guy from Pantera?

I heard William DuVall was the new AIC singer.

Phil Anselmo sang Would. He and Jerry Cantrell dedicated it to Dimebag and Layne. William DuVall sang Rooster. Not very good. They both have good voices, but don't sound right singing AIC.
  • Makes me want to pop in my AIC Music Box DVD.
  • whatevermanwhateverman Posts: 71
    Is it on VH1C this weekend?
    Rapid City 98
  • BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    Comcast vh1 on demand has Would from jools holland
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • man what are new Alice in Chains doing on VH1? Layne is probably spinning in his grave.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • does the new band have any new albums , songs or videos to see from internet? cause im drowning in curiosity to hear something.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • man what are new Alice in Chains doing on VH1? Layne is probably spinning in his grave.

Classic in Concert Live Heart and Friends. Apparently Jerry's a big Heart fan. Weird to see AIC on a show that includes Carrie Underwood and Dave Navarro.
  • does the new band have any new albums , songs or videos to see from internet? cause im drowning in curiosity to hear something.

some bootlegs of gigs is all,only touring at the mo,probably a name change and new album then
  • Classic in Concert Live Heart and Friends. Apparently Jerry's a big Heart fan. Weird to see AIC on a show that includes Carrie Underwood and Dave Navarro.

Does Dave Navarro host that show? I never watched that show but I was always wondering what happened to him. Last I heard he was in a band that had that single from around '96 .
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • when do new Alice appear on VH1 classic concerts next, and also taking in the word "classic" is this some old new alice in chains?
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • Does Dave Navarro host that show? I never watched that show but I was always wondering what happened to him. Last I heard he was in a band that had that single from around '96 .

No he was playing, not hosting. He hosted Rock Star: INXS last summer.
  • you know of a new song of there's, Im looking it up on the net but it seems like endless sites of older AIC.
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • There aren't any new AiC songs,the last song they did was Died.Its on music bank
  • OMG Dave Navarro AND AIC on the same show!! :eek:

Damn I wish We got VH1 here in Canada. PLEASE if anyone taped it...I'd love to see it.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Cameron124Cameron124 Posts: 139
    Phil looked kinda...how u say because
    he was nervious...he's not on TV very much
  • There aren't any new AiC songs,the last song they did was Died.Its on music bank

Died, was there last by the new band of AIC? was the song about Layne ?
    I like..to play. - Garth
  • Died, was there last by the new band of AIC? was the song about Layne ?

No the song is about Demri,Laynes dead girlfriend.
    The new AiC is Jerry,Mike,Sean and William DuVall.
    They're just doing a tour as kind of a farwell and thank you thing and as a tribute to Layne.
    There's been talks of perhaps a new album,but it'll most likely be under a new band name and with a more permanent singer.
    Died is on Music Bank,a three CD 1 CD-Rom anthology of AiC's career.
    It was the last song recorded by Layne with Aic,its not wholly finished.
    One of their best songs in my opinion.Very heavy too.