Options

The lets give some love for Marc Bolan thread........

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited January 2006 in Other Music
C'mon folks,show some love for the most underrated talent my country has ever produced.

Go to romanysoup.com to nominate Marc for the posthumous brit award he deserves...................
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Erm. Hellooooooooo? dont tell me we have no t-rex fans on here...?

you are all dissappointing me now..........:(
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this thread is about as popular as a rucksack wearing asian in a underground...oooohhh edgy ;)

I love T-rex danny boy... I just recently learned how to play the start of Children of the Revolution on the ol' geetar.. basic E-chord and lift hand off every alternate strum.. then thats about it (wee end bit is just E-minor on 5th fret and slid down to proper Eminor)

did that make any sense... my best mate plays in a proper glam rock tribute band... touring country and even Army bases in germany, etc... they do a mean version of 20th Century Boy.. great riffster was the Jeepster :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    He never really made it in the States. The US even changed the title of "Get It On" to "Bang a Gong".
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    He never really made it in the States. The US even changed the title of "Get It On" to "Bang a Gong".

but why? :confused: why do they feel the need to change things like that

is "get it on" deemed to sexual in some way? i mean "bang a gong" could be construed in such a way also

it's like with the Beatles albums and stuff... changing covers and mucking around with tracks on the albums..

i wonder why he never made it big there... too anglicised... to androgynous... i mean he head some good riffs going on!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    this thread is about as popular as a rucksack wearing asian in a underground...oooohhh edgy ;)

I love T-rex danny boy... I just recently learned how to play the start of Children of the Revolution on the ol' geetar.. basic E-chord and lift hand off every alternate strum.. then thats about it (wee end bit is just E-minor on 5th fret and slid down to proper Eminor)

did that make any sense... my best mate plays in a proper glam rock tribute band... touring country and even Army bases in germany, etc... they do a mean version of 20th Century Boy.. great riffster was the Jeepster :)

edgy man!! beter be carefull or we may get into trouble again!!

Nice man!!! i do play a little so yes got that!!! never attempted it before.
    the missus loves him!!

we went to see a tribute band called jeepster in the cavern club a few weeks ago,superb!!

did you put a vote in?!
  • Options
    I loove T-Rex. I went to see T-Rexasty last month and the lead singer was so much like Marc. It was kinda spooky actually.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    mmmm.....i love T-rex. it's my driving music, although, sometimes i start singing along and dancing a little TOO much and swerve all over the place.

:D
  • Options
    I loove T-Rex. I went to see T-Rexasty last month and the lead singer was so much like Marc. It was kinda spooky actually.

t-rextasy are class man!! they playewd at the matthew street festival in liverpool a couple of years ago and blew me away!! the similarities are freaky with that guy!!

jeepster are a good one to catch too........
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ..........Ive got the 'electric warrior' record and love it, have considered the 'bolan boogie' cos of the Buick Makane song, though only knoe the gnr version
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    ..........Ive got the 'electric warrior' record and love it, have considered the 'bolan boogie' cos of the Buick Makane song, though only knoe the gnr version

one you should get is 'acoustic warrior' sometimes better versions of the classics.

i love spaceball ricochet,my fav song by him.........
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i prefer tommy bolan.....
  • Options
    Marc Bolan gets my love any day. :) I'm off to listen to "Beltane Walk" to get this nasty week off to a more positive start.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    Marc Bolan gets my love any day. :) I'm off to listen to "Beltane Walk" to get this nasty week off to a more positive start.

Nice!!! he needs more love from folk on here,they would love him!!!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh, I like him! :)
    since you were complaining about the lack of T. Rex and Bolan fans, I decided to pay our librarys music section a visit. what I found was T. Rex's Great Hits 1972-1977. and I love it!
    then I went to the library again today and found Electric Warrior. I haven't had the time to listen to it yet, but I'm about to. :)

so, no you have a new fan (well, he/the band has, but you know what I mean). :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    oh, I like him! :)
    since you were complaining about the lack of T. Rex and Bolan fans, I decided to pay our librarys music section a visit. what I found was T. Rex's Great Hits 1972-1977. and I love it!
    then I went to the library again today and found Electric Warrior. I haven't had the time to listen to it yet, but I'm about to. :)

so, no you have a new fan (well, he/the band has, but you know what I mean). :D

Good stuff!!! 'the slider' is a good album and 'acoustic warrior' for some late night chilling!!!!
  • Options
    Good stuff!!! 'the slider' is a good album and 'acoustic warrior' for some late night chilling!!!!

okay. :) I've gotta try and track those down then. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    okay. :) I've gotta try and track those down then. :D

Deffo!! i know i keep going on about them but check out 'Iron and Wine', get either the 'creek drank the cradle' or 'woman king'.

By far the most impressive music ive heard since i first heard pj!!!!! :);)
  • Options
    Deffo!! i know i keep going on about them but check out 'Iron and Wine', get either the 'creek drank the cradle' or 'woman king'.

By far the most impressive music ive heard since i first heard pj!!!!! :);)

sounds like something that can't possibly be bad! ;)
    I'll try. :)
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    sounds like something that can't possibly be bad! ;)
    I'll try. :)

Honestly its amazing,i cant stop listening to it!

you cant go wrong with anything you will get from him. just make sure you are lying down when you put him on!!! you may go a bit sleepy!!!!:)
  • Options
    Honestly its amazing,i cant stop listening to it!

you cant go wrong with anything you will get from him. just make sure you are lying down when you put him on!!! you may go a bit sleepy!!!!:)

okay. :)
    hmm. good advice, cause I can actually fall asleep listening to anything. :p
    one time in the buss I almost fell asleep listening to Nirvana. very loud! :D
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    okay. :)
    hmm. good advice, cause I can actually fall asleep listening to anything. :p
    one time in the buss I almost fell asleep listening to Nirvana. very loud! :D

lol!! Nirvana?!:) how could you fall asleep to nirvana?!

that made me laugh!!
  • Options
    lol!! Nirvana?!:) how could you fall asleep to nirvana?!

that made me laugh!!

I know. :D I have no idea.. just felt sleepy. :p
    LOL.
  • Options
    I'm bumping this thread in behalf of daniel. :)

T. Rex is amazing!! :D

it's funny, just the other night we were watching TV and a Jarhead commercial came out and I realized on the backgroung was T. Rex's Bang a Gong (Get It On). so, I recognised it and told everyone that I did ( :D ) and my mom was sitting in the kitchen and laughing to the fact that nowadays I'm listening to a lot of the music she listened to when she was about my age. :D