prince appreciation thread

european faneuropean fan Posts: 33
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I 'm not into his 80s stuff but "rainbow children" totally blew me away! the tour for that record with maceo parker kicked ass!
after seeing the patton thread I thought I might try this but I guess it's a little more risky.
Mike said he really liked him a few weeks ago and that he was up there with hendrinks.
what do yall think?
Marseille 09/09/06, Paris 11/09/06,wembley 18/06/07, werchter 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i like his songs, especially in a party or something.

people love to shake theirs during his songs (me included...)
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • brhf9 wrote:
    i like his songs, especially in a party or something.

people love to shake theirs during his songs (me included...)

Yeah. when I was only listening to rock ,especially pj ,I didn't think music without really intense and powerful feelings was worth listening to but prince ,funkadelic and other prove you can make great music just being cool and wanting to have fun (not that all his songs are like that)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh god! I thought I was the only one who likes Prince! :) I have been proven wrong. :)

he's great! I especially like Sexy Motherfucker and Kiss. ;)

besides, he used to dress real.. interestingly! :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    'Sign 'O The Times' is one of the best albums ever. Every song on there is great.

My favorite song of his is Little Red Corvette.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i always enjoyed this line in "Get Off":

"...23 positions in a 1 night stand"

Yeah, i should try that sometime...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I think Prince is one of the most talented and influential musicians of his era. He can play something like 34 instruments at a very high level. He is a wizard on guitar, and his pop songwriting is almost unmatched. A true unique talent. I love him!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    I have been listening to Purple Rain (on vinyl) every day for the past week.

He is talented and oozes sexuality.
  • Prince = Amazing!!!

Boy, that man can jam!

Hey brhf9, "Get Off" kinda makes me think of "Head"! ;)

"I got to have you in my bed
    And you said
    "but I'm just a virgin and I'm on my way to be wed
    but you're such a hunk
    so full of spunk,
    I'll give you head
    til you're burning up
    Head
    til you get enough
    Head
    til you're love is red
    Head
    love you til you're dead
    U know you're good, girl
    I think you like to go down
    U wouldn't have stopped
    But I, I came on your wedding gown"

:D

Mmmmm, I love good, filthy lyrics! His songs just make ya wanna dance and do the grind. "Yes, I think I wanna dance..." :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • it's real cool people on here like him,I've noticed there's a wide music taste on the board.
  • I like the diamonds and pearls album, he's a freaking talented man that's for suuuuuuuure, he's guitar playing is outstanding! i need to get my hands on that album, again!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hsewif wrote:
    I have been listening to Purple Rain (on vinyl) every day for the past week.

He is talented and oozes sexuality.

hee hee. Purple Rain (the movie) is quite interesting. :p
    have it on tape, except for like a few minutes from the end cause my littlesister sorta screwed up the timing. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."