Black Sabbath

gnr+pj=2bestevergnr+pj=2bestever Posts: 358
edited December 2006 in Other Music
who likes black sabbath? i'm talkin the real sabbath..from 1970-1978, with Ozzy. Damn they were so fuckin bad ass. I can't think of many songs that kick your ass as much as Into the Void, War Pigs, Electric Funeral.
Whats got the whole world faking?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    who likes black sabbath? i'm talkin the real sabbath..from 1970-1978, with Ozzy. Damn they were so fuckin bad ass. I can't think of many songs that kick your ass as much as Into the Void, War Pigs, Electric Funeral.

I can, Supernaut, Snow Blind, NIB, Children of the Grave, Sweet Leaf.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath is the best they did, best song and best album.
  • The Wizard is one of the best guitar songs ever recorded
  • You gotta love the Sabbath.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I can, Supernaut, Snow Blind, NIB, Children of the Grave, Sweet Leaf.:D
    haha fucking great reply!
    don't forget Hole in the Sky!
    personally me fave album from theirs is "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"
    awesome band! one of me fave metal bands ever!

btw for the Dio era fans..there will be a boxset with the Dio albums and some new tracks released in 2007
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha fucking great reply!
    don't forget Snowblind and Hole in the Sky!
    personally me fave album from theirs is "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"
    awesome band! one of me fave metal bands ever!

btw for the Dio era fans..there will be a boxset with the Dio albums and some new tracks released in 2007

Shit yeah forgot Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe.:eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Shit yeah forgot Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe.:eek:
    yes Symptom of the Universe!
    damn there are some really outstanding tracks on Sabotage..but overall i think it's the beginning of the weaker Sabbath albums from Ozzy
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Yeah i love the ozzy era sabbath. I think my fav album is Vol 4 but every album has good songs. I lovetheir little instrumentals they put on the albums too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    With Ozzy till 1975 was their best period. But also the first 2 albums with Ronnie James Dio and the period with Tony Martin was very good. Black Sabbath with Ian Gillan was the worst thing what could happen.
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    probably my favorite group from that era.
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Me and my friends were "Beavis and Butthead" but with Black sabbath concert T-shirts from 1978 (post disco / beginning of new wave) to 1982.

No other music existed except Sabbath.

I must of played "We sold our souls for Rock and roll" about a million times...

We didn't fit it anywhere cause we worshipped those songs..

I'm still amazed at Bill Ward's precision drumwork in the early days..

I remeber loving "technical Ecstacy" as well..

Getting to finally see the orginal re-union tour in Boston was mesmorizing!

"devil horns raised!"
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have the need to dig out Never Say Die and blast Junior's Eyes.

There needs to be more Black Sabbath threads.

Dio era was also awesome.

Everyone needs a copy of Ozzy's Speak of the Devil
  • I'm a big Sabbath fan...I had the Paranoid album burned into my brain by the time I was 7. So after almost 22 years of listening to Ozzy era Sabbath regularly, and looking forward to many, many more years...it's safe to say that they're one of the greatest bands of all time.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    like PJ though.. they get no respect by the media ..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    transplant wrote:
    I have the need to dig out Never Say Die and blast Junior's Eyes.
    i love Junior's Eyes..and for some reason it reminds me of Duran Duran...

YNWA
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    I got into Sabbath big time during high school. I still love them. So freakin heavy and riff oriented. I own a sabbath shirt. :) They are brutally underrated.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • god, i cant get A National Acrobat out of my head! that riff is soo good.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    transplant wrote:
    Everyone needs a copy of Ozzy's Speak of the Devil
    A great fucking album!!!! Brad Gillis really rips it up on those Sabbath songs!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i love Junior's Eyes..and for some reason it reminds me of Duran Duran...
    I can dig Save a Prayer, New Moon on Monday and on rare occasion Rio, but that ain't right.
    tybird wrote:
    A great fucking album!!!! Brad Gillis really rips it up on those Sabbath songs!!!!
    no doubt. Ozzy rarely surrounded himself with musicians that sucked. Ok, screw Never Say Die, I am reaching for this later tonight. I haven't heard a good "Is everybody high?" in awhile.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i was jammin w/ a few friends last nite & we pulled out 'snowblind' good times
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    transplant wrote:
    I can dig Save a Prayer, New Moon on Monday and on rare occasion Rio, but that ain't right.
    haha..well just the way the chorus goes..just gives me that feeling ;)
    Never Say Die is a pretty underrated album i must admit

YNWA
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Sabbotage is my favorite Sabbath album.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Sabbotage is my favorite Sabbath album.

at the moment i'm really into Master of Reality...
    transplant wrote:
    no doubt. Ozzy rarely surrounded himself with musicians that sucked. Ok, screw Never Say Die, I am reaching for this later tonight. I haven't heard a good "Is everybody high?" in awhile.
    or "God bless you.........I love you all."
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Supernaut is where it's at.

And almost everything else with Ozzy.

Sabbath is one of those bands I am perennially addicted to. Can't make it thru a week without listening to them.
  • Sabbath rocks...loved them for years...saw them live too actually...not back then but the reunion tour with the original members..was kick ass!
    Master of Zen
  • at the moment i'm really into Master of Reality...

Yeah my fav !
    Master of Zen
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Damn good news.........thanks for sharing.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    sabbath is awesome, probably one of my top 5 all time favorite bands (along with pj), and alot of ozzy's solo shit is pretty good too. . . although i got that box set he put out and their is a cd full of all this weird shit he did, alot of that is not that good. . .he does "born to be wild" with miss piggy, its fucking ridiculous and ozzy loses some cred with shit like that. . .not to mention that tv show which was kinda funny but at the same time kinda sad
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    tybird wrote:
    Damn good news.........thanks for sharing.
    no problem..it's gonna be a good set to own next to the Ozzy Era Black Box which was pretty well done cept for the cheap decal borders that chip easily.
    i just love collecting remastered albums.

YNWA