work = work +1;
}system("pause");
return 0;}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Finally.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Thank god. Now go do something that won't be utterly mediocre, all of you.

And Dave, stop chewing the fucking gum for just a damn second.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    hahahahha, my sentiments exactly!!! YAY!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    THANK GOD! Now maybe Grohl will do something that's worth a shit...like drumming for QOTSA.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Woah.....lots of hate for the Fighters of Foo in here. :(
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they really have strung a few medicore albums in a row.. good timing I'd say.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Woah.....lots of hate for the Fighters of Foo in here. :(

They've become the posterboys for boring, middle-of-the-road, corporate rock music...a far cry from their first album. I don't get what people see in them. They get more and more lame with every album. They took the Chris Cornell route years ago. It's about time they give it a rest, and do something that's worth a shit.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I thought their latest one was the best overall album since The Colour and the Shape
  • Options
    All of these bands taking breaks. Tool did, RHCP, now FF. Makes you think how much sicker PJ is. When do they ever take "breaks"?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Personally, I thought ESP&G was a GREAT album
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    I thought their latest one was the best overall album since The Colour and the Shape

I agree. The first two albums and the last one are pretty good but that's about it.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    The last time the Foos took a break, Dave drummed on an album and tour'd with QOTSA, recorded the Probot album and worked with Trent Reznor among other things.
    Good things are coming.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I think all their albums are good aside from one by one which is crap, the first 2 are great and TINLTL and IYH are pretty good as well.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    Makes you think how much sicker PJ is. When do they ever take "breaks"?

They could use one..
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    All of these bands taking breaks. Tool did, RHCP, now FF. Makes you think how much sicker PJ is. When do they ever take "breaks"?

All the time.

There were 4 years between Riot Act and Self titled, and there are going to be 3 years between that and the next one.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    I was at the Wembley Stadium gigs this year and I have to say they were really fucking good. I've always had a soft spot for Foo Fighters, you always know whay you're going to get from them and they don't pretend to be anything other than a great rock band
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    They were talking about taking a long break after the acoustic In Your Honor tour... they were back in the studio within two months and had an album out within the year. But with the fact that all four guys have little kids now, I suspect they're serious about it this time. Dave's been talking about getting the itch to drum again, and that's always a good thing. Either way, I doubt the break will be that long, they just seem to enjoy working together too much.
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    All the time.

There were 4 years between Riot Act and Self titled, and there are going to be 3 years between that and the next one.

In between Riot Act and Self Titled there was:
    -A full 2003 tour
    -2004 Vote For Change tour
    -2005 N.American and Canadian tour

In between Avacado and the next one-
    -Full 2006 tour
    -Festivals in 07
    -East Coast tour, 2 EV mini tours.

PJ has never taken a "break". Tool, FF, RHCP have all/ are all taking legitimate breaks where they need to announce it to their fans.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Being a former Foo junky (TCATS days) I think this is a good decision.

I've bought all their records and would continue to but there's just something missing.

Hopefully they come back in 5 years refreshed or Dave creates a new amazing project
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    I hope the next foos effort will fall back on Dave's punk background, or, they will take this time to listen to the foos self title debut and will create an album like that.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    Maybe this break will alow Nate to have time to work on a new Fire Theft album with Jeremy Enigk.
  • Options
    Foo Fighters are disapointing. Tehy can still entertain live (though that is fading) Their first two albums were pure gold, their 3rd album was risky with the edgier melodies but it turned out to be their best work imo. Since that risk with their 3rd album they have become utterly boring. Like RHCP, they just hit a wall and chose the safe midtempo, risk free, anti-art route. Very disapointing.

Generator, Stacked Actors,Ain't it the Life, Live in Skin, Gimme Stitches were just amazing, beautiful songs. Unfortunately, Next Year and Breakout were the type of songs they chose to write after that album.

I am not even joking, I thought "long road to ruin" was pure 3 Doors Down, or some other mook nu rock band. They have had a few good songs in that span, Times Like These, One by One, DOA, but they could not sustain an entire album. Listen to the One by One album from track 5 on, and name one memorable song?
  • Options
    The and color and the shape is EXCELLENT!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    The first time I heard "Times Like These", I almost threw up. It's the kind of lame rock song I would expect from Bon Jovi, not Dave Grohl.
  • Options
    Being a former Foo junky (TCATS days) I think this is a good decision.

I've bought all their records and would continue to but there's just something missing.

Hopefully they come back in 5 years refreshed or Dave creates a new amazing project

I'm hoping for a nice re master and proper release of the Late! Pocketwatch ep, was listening just the other day and have to say that Milk is one of the best songs Dave has done.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,740
    that sucks! hope things are well with the group.

will never forget picking up the first record in greece summer of '95, day's before the cdn/usa release. it was my road trip album from artemisa to kalamata for 2 weeks. one of my favorites. :)
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    I'm glad I got to see them a few weeks ago - almost didn't go, and had been wanting to check them out for a while. Looking forward to good things from them with whatever projects they do during the break.
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options

In between Avacado and the next one-
    -Full 2006 tour
    -Festivals in 07
    -East Coast tour, 2 EV mini tours.

Lets not forget Into The Wild, Tone, Harrybo McGee, Stones new one, Love Reign O'er Me, various benefit show apperances, The Who Rock Honours.
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    They definitely need a break. Record wise they haven´t released anything great since There Is Nothing Left to Lose, although I think One By One is bad mainly due to the sucky production (most the songs sounded fine live). Their live show is still good, but is becoming a little too much stadium rock by numbers, the banter was repeated every show. All the songs (including bsides and unreleased songs) around the TCATS and TINLTL era were great, especially love A320. I don´t understand where all that magic was lost, it´s kinda tragic, they were my fav bands in my late teens. They really need to stop releasing rock songs and acoustic songs on the same album, it makes the albums sound like some slapdash compilation.

On the other hand, the best song of recent years is The Pretender and that was apparently written within an hour. Maybe they should just try to write a whole album in a day rather than drawing the process out...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,807
    The Foo Fighters suck. They are the most generic sounding rock band out there and they were so boring live.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2