Jonny Greenwood solo

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited December 2005 in Other Music
what does anyone think of his solo work for the soundtrack to 'BodySong' or the work he did w/ an orchestra a year or 2 ago?

I really liked BodySong...it's not something I'd play on a consistent basis but I really liked it a lot.
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i haven't heard Bodysong but the orchestral work he did (less than a year ago!) was very interesting to hear..

remember Arpeggi?.. i think that was one of the songs Johnny did..

i say google them or ask for them on the Mortegitempo board.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I love Bodysong ... it's a great album to put on to create an atmosphere of creativity.

... and Arpeggi is simply gorgeous. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • MoshMosh Posts: 10
    The orchestra stuff is good but it's not something I'd listen to. I'd love to see it live, but a bootleg of that stuff doesn't do it justice. Bodysong is a really cool record and like you said, isn't something you can listen to anytime, but is still some awesome instrumental work.
    My understanding is that "Arpeggi" is actually a Radiohead song, not Jonny's solo, and may actually be on the next LP.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I like it...its an interesting mix of jazz, classical and electronic music. Is there anything Jonny Greenwood can't do ?
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Mosh wrote:
    The orchestra stuff is good but it's not something I'd listen to. I'd love to see it live, but a bootleg of that stuff doesn't do it justice. Bodysong is a really cool record and like you said, isn't something you can listen to anytime, but is still some awesome instrumental work.
    My understanding is that "Arpeggi" is actually a Radiohead song, not Jonny's solo, and may actually be on the next LP.
    yeah that's what i was thinking too.. but i also think (and this is just me speaking here) that it's jonny's brainchild stemming from the orchestral stuff he's doing.

ps. The new Radiohead album is going to be phenomonal.... i'm as excited about it as i am about Pearl Jam.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i haven't heard Bodysong but the orchestral work he did (less than a year ago!) was very interesting to hear..

remember Arpeggi?.. i think that was one of the songs Johnny did..

i say google them or ask for them on the Mortegitempo board.

I already have body song on vinyl and the orchestral work in flac.

he is just so freakin underrated
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    yeah that's what i was thinking too.. but i also think (and this is just me speaking here) that it's jonny's brainchild stemming from the orchestral stuff he's doing.

ps. The new Radiohead album is going to be phenomonal.... i'm as excited about it as i am about Pearl Jam.

i'm excited, too. i only got to see them once last tour and it was nowhere near enough!
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd