my morning jacket...starter kit

sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
edited January 2006 in Other Music
i've been hearing a lot of people talk about this band so i wanted to check them out.

what do you guys recommend i start with?

thanks, and sorry if this has already been discussed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Do you want songs or albums?

album- It still moves

Some songs-
    bermuda highway
    mahgeetah
    master plan
    ONE BIG HOLIDAY
    RUN THRU
    It Beats for you
    Gideon
    Lay Low
    Dondante

Most importantly go see them live. THe most energetic group i've seen in a while. THey remind me of an early pearl jam show.... Yeah they were that good when i saw them.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Do you want songs or albums?

album- It still moves

Some songs-
    bermuda highway
    mahgeetah
    master plan
    ONE BIG HOLIDAY
    RUN THRU
    It Beats for you
    Gideon
    Lay Low
    Dondante

Most importantly go see them live. THe most energetic group i've seen in a while. THey remind me of an early pearl jam show.... Yeah they were that good when i saw them.

thanks for the advice. i'm going to check out your recommendations and "z".
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    I suggest getting the album "It Still Moves" before Z. It has the classic song Steam Engine, along with One Big Holiday, Dancefloors, Magheetah, and Run Thru. Also go to Archive.org and download some of their live shows.

I've said this before, they would be the best opener for Pearl Jam though, honestly, they might make PJ have to step up their game. The are that good.
  • clayton12 wrote:
    I suggest getting the album "It Still Moves" before Z. It has the classic song Steam Engine, along with One Big Holiday, Dancefloors, Magheetah, and Run Thru. Also go to Archive.org and download some of their live shows.

I've said this before, they would be the best opener for Pearl Jam though, honestly, they might make PJ have to step up their game. The are that good.

damn. i'll take your advice. i just ordered 'it still moves' and 'z', but i'll listen to the former first.
  • Listen to the "It Still Moves" three or four times before "Z" to get the essence of their songs, the feel, the mood, the lyrics. Z is badass.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    damn. i'll take your advice. i just ordered 'it still moves' and 'z', but i'll listen to the former first.

All of the songs on the list i gave you are from It still moves and Z except Bermuda HWY which is off of at dawn. I own all three albums and a acoustic ep, but i could nto remember which other songs off o at dawn were good.

I think you got there two best albums though. Although there are some great songs from the older albums.

Again you must see them live if you get the chance. I had a fever and a bad cold when i saw them and they knocked it out of me they were so good live :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Again you must see them live if you get the chance. I had a fever and a bad cold when i saw them and they knocked it out of me they were so good live :)

for your fever, was the only prescription "more cowbell"?

apparently it was "more MMJ"! ;)

thanks again for the advice, got those two from itunes today and will listen to them later this evening.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I'm glad more and more people are hearing about these guys, they are brilliant....I personally think the best album is "it still moves", but you really can't go wrong with "at dawn" or "z" either...awesome band
  • ACTUALLY I WOULD RECOMMEND LISTENING TO THEIR ALBUMS IN ORDER OF RELEASE, NOT HARD TO DO CONSIDERING THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 4 FULL LENGTH ALBUMS.

BUT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT, LISTEN TO (AT DAWN) FIRST SIMPLY AMAZING. BUT TO GET THE FULL EFFECT OF THE GROWTH OF THE BAND LISTEN TO THEM ALL IN THE ORDER THEY CAME OUT.

ALSO PICK UP THE EP, CHOCOLATE AND ICE. PUT THE SONG COBRA ON AND SET BACK AND JUST LOSE YOURSELF IN IT.

BUT IF YOU WANTED TO LISTEN TO MY PERSONAL FAV SONG BY MMJ LISTEN TO (I WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU DIE) OR (RUN THRU).

GO TO http://WWW.MYMORNINGJACKET.COM, AND JUST RESEARCH THIS WONDERFUL AND AMAZING BAND.

SEE THEM LIVE AND YOU ARE DONE. THEY ARE SO ADDICTIVE.