Options

Heart Live at the TAJ in ATLANTIC CITY

AliAli Posts: 2,621
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I would absolutely LOOOVVVEEE to see my soul sisters,
although Ann never lets me sing better than her,while Nancy always lets me play Barracuda to a T!!!!:D
A whisper and a thrill
A whisper and a chill
adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
The 11th Commandment.
"Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    It doesn't hurt that the remaining members of Alice In Chains are playing too.
  • Options
    I did not know that.Now I really want to go.I saw the preview on VH1...
    so sad and tragic.
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

• Options
    Ali wrote:
    I did not know that.Now I really want to go.I saw the preview on VH1...
    so sad and tragic.
    But I really want to go to see Ms. N. Wilson.amazing.
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

• Options
    i got tix earlier this month, Cant wait to go see them,!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna call my sis 2morrow and see if she wants to go see em.Shes always on me to start a band up again and ,she says,"WE CAN BE ANOTHER ANN AND NANCY WILSON!"I try and tell her how amazing they are...just bought and album.Let me tell you...I love Jersey fort Acity anymore..and the beaches and boardwalks and South Jersey music scene.
    But ann and nancy and the crew...whoa....
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    stpmattb wrote:
    It doesn't hurt that the remaining members of Alice In Chains are playing too.

with a singer?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    with a singer?
    LZF<

I guess they have to have a singer,but i didn't hear them get any publicity at all over the TV-VH1...
    kinda estranged....
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Ali wrote:
    LZF<

I guess they have to have a singer,but i didn't hear them get any publicity at all over the TV-VH1...
    kinda estranged....

Well I hope they dont continue using the crappy lineup of singers they had at one of the benefit shows. I say Jerry should sing all of em
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    ms11781ms11781 Posts: 88
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Well I hope they dont continue using the crappy lineup of singers they had at one of the benefit shows. I say Jerry should sing all of em

I agree. My feeling is that AIC isn't AIC without Layne. If they're going to play a show, it should be just the remaining members. I think review of the benefit show I read had Maynard, Pat Lachman and Wes Scantlin from Puddle of Mudd singing Layne's part. No offense to Maynard, who I think is an incredible singer, or the other two for that matter (though I think Wes Scantin is insufferable) but nobody should be singing Layne's parts with AIC. If one of those people want to cover an AIC song on their own, that's fine. Everyone has certain influences and if they feel they want to honor Layne or AIC by singing one of his/their songs I don't have a problem. But I don't think Layne should be replaced in AIC, even if for one show, by anyone.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    ms11781 wrote:
    I agree. My feeling is that AIC isn't AIC without Layne. If they're going to play a show, it should be just the remaining members. I think review of the benefit show I read had Maynard, Pat Lachman and Wes Scantlin from Puddle of Mudd singing Layne's part. No offense to Maynard, who I think is an incredible singer, or the other two for that matter (though I think Wes Scantin is insufferable) but nobody should be singing Layne's parts with AIC. If one of those people want to cover an AIC song on their own, that's fine. Everyone has certain influences and if they feel they want to honor Layne or AIC by singing one of his/their songs I don't have a problem. But I don't think Layne should be replaced in AIC, even if for one show, by anyone.

Eh, whatever. I was at the benefit show and think they all did a fine job. And if Jerry, Mike and Sean want Pat, Wes and Maynard to sing along, that works for me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08