Options

New Drive By Truckers in April

NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
edited December 2005 in Other Music
"A Blessing and a Curse" will be released in April, with the likely lead single being a song titled "February 14"...

I'm almost as excited about this as I am the new PJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    SWEET.

i'm listening to southern rock opera at this very moment.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    SWEET.

i'm listening to southern rock opera at this very moment.

yeah this is good news. And I'm listening to that album as well. ;)
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NakedClown wrote:
    "A Blessing and a Curse" will be released in April, with the likely lead single being a song titled "February 14"...

I'm almost as excited about this as I am the new PJ
    They have been playing that song at live dates, at least one that I can name. I will have to go back and listen to it since I really can't remember what it sounds like off the top of my head.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Heres a good interview with Patterson about the recording of the album. Can't wait to hear it, can't wait for another tour to come my way.

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2005/11/30/fresh-out-the-frying-pan
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    "February 14th" is not a bad little song.......just went back and listened to it on the bootleg from the 8/27/2005 show @ The Jupiter in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Hey - I'm not up on how this whole "Bit Torrent" thing works - any insight on how I can get to hear a copy of that song (Feb. 14)?

Would be much appreciated...
  • Options
    NakedClown wrote:
    Hey - I'm not up on how this whole "Bit Torrent" thing works - any insight on how I can get to hear a copy of that song (Feb. 14)?

Would be much appreciated...
    I downloaded the song as part of a entire concert from this website:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?cat=Drive-By%20Truckers
  • Options
    nomarnomar Posts: 65
    So are you saying that I should buy their last album?
  • Options
    nomar wrote:
    So are you saying that I should buy their last album?
    If you don't own "The Dirty South," yes you should buy it........
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    tybird wrote:
    If you don't own "The Dirty South," yes you should buy it........

I concur...this is the best news I've heard all day.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org