oasis-be here now
soft cell-singles 80-85
dishwalla-pet your friends
sugar-beaster
the sundays-blind
gren-camp grenada
compilation-move to the ska groove
days of the new-s/t

i havn't listened to all if them yet but, i did listen to soft cell and it sucks except for "tainted love" which isn't bad but, not something i'm too crazy about... that one might be going back. i'm listening to crowed house's "woodface" right now and so far it's pretty good... nothing real exciting happening so far but, the songs are solid. this one won't be going back.

i just went in to the record store looking for cd's that i had heard of but, never listened to any of their music... so, i'm just going in halfway blind only knowing what genre each cd i bought might be affiliated with. either that or a couple of the cd's i had never even heard of but, the cover looked cool so i picked them up and took a chance. :)

comments?
music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    sugar-beaster
    hell yes. I probably listened to Sugar and everything Bob Mould related more than anybody else in the 90's. Tilted, holy shit. Awesome pick up, though not their most commercial (i.e. best introduction) to them.

Hope you get more out of Feels than I did.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    woodface is a great record
    be here now is ok-not their best
    same with Sugar-good record not their best
    camp grenada? As in hello mother hello father-classic comedy
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    woodface is a great record
    be here now is ok-not their best
    same with Sugar-good record not their best
    camp grenada? As in hello mother hello father-classic comedy

what do you think is the best oasis album? ... i never got into them but, i think this "be here now" is pretty solid right now. listened to it twice.

haha... about the gren album... "camp grenada," i've never heard of that comedy until now but, it might the title of the album might have something to do with it... i don't know. there's a kid on the cover with french fries in his nose with a camp grenada shirt on. i don't know. the record isn't too bad.

the dishwalla album is very good. it has the single "counting blue cars" on it too that i remember hearing but, never knew who it was by.

the sugar (ep) isn't bad either.

and, the animal collective record "feels" is cool but, i really didn't get too much out of it either like the guy two posts up said. i think it had a lot of potential but, imo it just gets annoying because of all the weird sounds on just about every track. every song has good parts and then parts where i just want to turn it off. i'll listen to it again though.

the other two that i didn't mention wern't very good at all. too slow and plus they both had female vocalists. slow and female don't do anything for me... it's alright sometimes if it's good and it's more upbeat but, when it's all slow and mellow, then it's not worth listening to... except for one song on one of the discs and it's a cover... "wild horses" by the stones. :)

oh, almost forgot... the ska record is cool too. that's my first real ska record and i just think the music is really cool and fresh to me.

and the days of the new album isn't too bad either; but, not their best.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I was never too fond of Be Here Now myself. It had a couple of good songs but nothing spectacular. Both Definitely Maybe and Whats the Story(Morning Glory) are great albums. The Masterplan is good too. thats all the Oasis you'll ever need. Although I've been told the latest is much better than previous efforts.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Very cool i'm considering buying the animal collective album so thanks for the insight on it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22