Wilco

pieceofdustpieceofdust Posts: 52
edited November 2005 in Other Music
I've probably listened to this band more than any other over the past year or two. Their music continues to blow me away with each listen. Not to mention their dvd is fairly amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• A Ghost is Born is a great album...I'm a big fan of it. Unfortunately I really haven't been able to get into their earlier stuff. I'm working on it though.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    tweedy is a genius.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    yankee hotel foxtrot is one of the most amazing albums i've ever heard...it's usually on during the weekends while we're drinking. i tried listening to summerteeth, which ppl said is better than yhf and easier to get into but i really didn't like it all that much.

i recorded their video when it was on ifc or sundance but haven't watched it yet.

how does a ghost is born compare to yankee hotel foxtrot?
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • i dont know a ghost is born well enough to compare it intelligently...

man...yankee hotel foxtrot has some songs that are spooky to listen to alone in the car at night on emtpy roads...espcially poor places...its freaks me out but i love it.
    A ghost is born is great. It's the total opposite of YHF. It's mainly recorded all live in the studio, without the bells and whistles that were on YHF.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • i think wilco is a sissy band on the same level as yellowcard, hanson, maroon 5 and some other ones i cant think of right now.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,038
    New live cd...RAWKS!
    Cannabis wrote:
    i think wilco is a sissy band on the same level as yellowcard, hanson, maroon 5 and some other ones i cant think of right now.

wanna fight?
    "Via Chicago" from the live album is the greatest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

I rest my head on a pillowy star
    And a cracked-door moon
    That says I haven't gone too far
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Wilco is the best thing going in new rock music right now. Kicking Television is absolute proof of that.

I'm sorry that Cannabis is unable to appreciate that
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016