Options

My CD Purchases This Week

Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I can't comment because I barely put a dent in them yet, but for those who have listened to them what do you think?

1) Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
2) Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
3) Pearl Jam - Live at the Gorge 05/06 (couldn't go wrong with $38)
4) Dave Matthews and Tim reynolds - Live at Radio City
5) GNR - Use Your Illusion I
6) GNR - Use Your Illusion II (yea I'm a bit old school, and got a great deal)

Can't wait til I have 7 hours to listen to the Gorge all the way through : )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I really love Blonde on Blonde. I didn't like it the first time I heard it, but about a year later I bought it and instantly loved it. Now, I listen to it all the time. Such a great album.
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I can't comment because I barely put a dent in them yet, but for those who have listened to them what do you think?

5) GNR - Use Your Illusion I
    6) GNR - Use Your Illusion II (yea I'm a bit old school, and got a great deal)

Can't wait til I have 7 hours to listen to the Gorge all the way through : )

I just busted out my old Use Your Illusions. You cant go wrong with Estranged
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Red Lukin wrote:

you've got some musical experience awaiting you brother!
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    Hey...i'm curious to hear what you think of the Dylan albums you got.
    In fact...just yesterday i was thinking that I need to buy more Dylan and hear the stuff that isn't as mainstream. I have the all time hits stuff...and know every word almost...but need to get more to cure the fix!!!
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Red Lukin wrote:

)

How is this different from the Luther College set? Just curious. Wondering if its worth picking it up.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    cornnifer wrote:
    How is this different from the Luther College set? Just curious. Wondering if its worth picking it up.

Lurther College is the one they did years ago right? If so it's similar in that it's just them two, and although I only heard about 60% of the album so far it's amazing! Dave talks a lot more than his DMB live albums, there's many covers and a lot of Dave's stuff with his solo album "Some Devil".

I'm a music snot so I'd tell you if something was just decent or pretty good, but from what I heard (all of disk 1, and part of disk 2), it's well worth picking up.

THC, I'll let you know when I get a good full listen.
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Red Lukin wrote:

It has been over 10 years since I first heard this and it still remains as my favorite recording ever.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    I just busted out my old Use Your Illusions. You cant go wrong with Estranged
    Love Saul's guitar work in that tune.

And pop on your headphones and listen to "Coma".
    This weekend we rock Portland