Article -Agence France Presse- Cornell suing ex-wife

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
edited November 2005 in Other Music
L'ancien chanteur de Soundgarden poursuit son ex-femme en justice

TQ

29 November 2005
17:20
Agence France Presse

L'ancien chanteur du groupe de rock Soundgarden poursuit son ex-femme en justice, lui reprochant d'avoir détourné des fonds au profit d'anciens membres de la formation, selon des documents judiciaires publiés mardi.

Chris Cornell, 41 ans, accuse Susan Silver, manager de Soundgarden lorsque ce groupe était en activité entre 1984 et 1997, d'association de malfaiteurs avec les autres membres de la formation pour usurper notamment ses droits d'auteur, selon le texte de la plainte au civil déposée au tribunal de Los Angeles.

Le chanteur, actuellement à la tête du groupe Audioslave, l'un des plus gros vendeurs de disques aux Etats-Unis, affirme également que Mme Silver, dont il a divorcé en 2002, conserve indûment des textes et des ébauches de chansons, ainsi que des Grammys, récompenses de la musique américaine.

Cornell, qui réclame la restitution de ces objets, estime son préjudice à plus d'un million de dollars et demande en outre que son ex-femme soit condamnée à une amende.

Soundgarden, l'un des quatre groupes phares du mouvement "grunge" avec Nirvana, Alice in chains et Pearl jam, avait décroché la première place des classements d'albums aux Etats-Unis en 1994 avec l'oppressant "Superunknown", incluant la chanson emblématique "Black hole sun".

TRANSLATED ON ALTAVISTA:

The former singer of the group of Soundgarden rock'n'roll continues his ex-wife in justice, reproaching him for having diverted funds the profit of former members of the formation, according to legal documents' published Tuesday. Chris Cornell, 41 years, shows Susan Silver, manager of Soundgarden when this group was in activity between 1984 and 1997, of criminal conspiracy with the other members of the formation in particular to usurp its royalties, according to the text of the complaint to civil deposited with the court of Los Angeles. The singer, currently with the head of the group Audioslave, one of the largest salesmen of discs in the United States, also affirms that Mrs. Silver, which he divorced in 2002, unduly preserves texts and outlines of songs, like of Grammys, rewards of the American music. Cornell, which claims the restitution of these objects, estimates its damage at more than one million dollars and request moreover that its ex-wife is condemned to a fine. Soundgarden, one of the four headlights groups of the movement "grunge" with Nirvana, Alice in chains and Pearl jam, had taken down the first place of the classifications of albums in the United States in 1994 with oppressive "the Superunknown", including the emblematic song "Black hole sun".
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    wow i didn kno the split was as sour as that..*shrugs

oh.. 'the oppressive Superunknown' ...priceless..
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 121
    heres another article from msnbc :http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10256311/
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.