new strokes album

sicksaucesicksauce Posts: 25
edited December 2005 in Other Music
http://www.blurm.com/2005/02/nothing.html

down on the left hand side
John Mclaughlin Fan Club 3/7/06
He Fought the 10 Club But the 10 Club Always Wins.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think everyone has had this for a few weeks now
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • sicksauce wrote:
    Thank you! I haven´t had it, yet!
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • sicksauce wrote:

Thanks.I haven't heard it yet!!Do you like it?
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • i thought it was pretty blah, just like the rest of their stuff
  • patw486 wrote:
    i thought it was pretty blah, just like the rest of their stuff

blah is good, they've never been a band trying to push the envelope. Just out there to make rock music and they do it well. If anything at least they shot the achilles heel of the boy band/girl pop star mega-giant.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • omniscient wrote:
    Thanks.I haven't heard it yet!!Do you like it?

I like it a lot. It's much different than the previous 2 albums

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    my favs are juicebox, you only live once and razorblade.

gonna buy it when it come out.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Thanks for the link, strokes live was really rocking, kings of leon opened up for 'em but the strokes man!!!, the whole show was like at a high peak it never slowed down from that peak the whole show was at maximum...
  • Thanks for the link, strokes live was really rocking, kings of leon opened up for 'em but the strokes man!!!, the whole show was like at a high peak it never slowed down from that peak the whole show was at maximum...

yep, i saw them and they were tight as hell. and by tight i mean played perfectly, not tight in that ghetto way.

i'm such a loser, i don't want to hear the CD until it comes out and i buy it so i won't download it. actually, i might download one song. can anyone give me one song i should hear on the CD that is a good teaser?
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • yep, i saw them and they were tight as hell. and by tight i mean played perfectly, not tight in that ghetto way.

i'm such a loser, i don't want to hear the CD until it comes out and i buy it so i won't download it. actually, i might download one song. can anyone give me one song i should hear on the CD that is a good teaser?

You only live once, Razorblade or Evening Sun

• patw486 wrote:
    i thought it was pretty blah, just like the rest of their stuff

Blah enough to waste your time dl'ing & listening to...
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • yep, i saw them and they were tight as hell. and by tight i mean played perfectly, not tight in that ghetto way.

Yeah i am not going to hear the cd untill it comes out at the stores too dude, but i think it's allright for other people to download if they can 'cause cd's cost too much!!! :)
  • ...You don't misssssssss meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Should be awesome like always.
  • Blah enough to waste your time dl'ing & listening to...

i like listening to whatever i can get my hands on. i was also wondering if their sound had changed at all. it has, but im still kind of unimpressed by them. i wouldnt say they did much to kill boybands either. they debuted in late 2001, and by then boybands were starting to die down anyway. i'd rather listen to the strokes than any of the garbage bands that are popular now though.
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    the strokes are great at what they do: catchy rock tunes, and they have one hell of a 'new rockstar' persona in julian casablancas.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    what a great fucking album!
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    '{&#91 wrote: »
    ']what a great fucking album!

Agreed! I'm loving it as well. Yeah...these guys certainly do have the knack for writing hooky little numbers.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • I think the first six songs are as good as run I've seen in a few years.
  • I'll buy it the first day it comes out January 3rd, can't wait!!!!