Options

Ten Vinyl

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Picked this up today for 10 Euro!:D Didn't see that coming. Anyone in Ireland who wants it should go to Tower Records on Wicklow Street.
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it was just re released in europe... they were all over ebay for $20-25
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    yup , records stores here that have had vacant "pearl jam" sections for years, now have a ten or two in them. i was shocked. the good ol reissue.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    available on auralexploits.com for $16 (and it's a 180 gr version !)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    just got it this weekend myself, via ebay, and just wondering....

a) does master/slave play at the end of Release, as it does on cd?

b) is the label in the middle of the record white?

well, after release, mine just ends....and my label is white....is this normal? cant complain, i mean it plays fine but
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    just got it this weekend myself, via ebay, and just wondering....

a) does master/slave play at the end of Release, as it does on cd?

b) is the label in the middle of the record white?

well, after release, mine just ends....and my label is white....is this normal? cant complain, i mean it plays fine but

I received a copy for Christmas and mine too ends without Master/Slave. The label is a very pale blue.

I was quite disappointed with the presentation of the album. I think the fold-out artwork in the CD is actually bigger than what you get with the vinyl release. I don't mean to complain - I'm just used to something nicer. And to tell you the truth I wouldn't have thought of buying Ten for myself anyway (though I did appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gift-giver). I rarely listen to the CD as it is.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    mine ends with master/slave, just like a hidden track, including the pause of nothingness after release. my label is white.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Picked this up today for 10 Euro!:D Didn't see that coming. Anyone in Ireland who wants it should go to Tower Records on Wicklow Street.
    Cool, was it 180g?
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Cool, was it 180g?

200g, apparently. (I'm new to vinyl, so this is all way over my head:p)

EDIT: Actually, I did a google search, and different websites have it as 200g and 180g.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    200g, apparently. (I'm new to vinyl, so this is all way over my head:p)

EDIT: Actually, I did a google search, and different websites have it as 200g and 180g.
    That's really cheap. Were there many left?
  • Options
    That's really cheap. Were there many left?

One copy was left on display, after I left, but there might have been more in the stock room.
  • Options
    One copy was left on display, after I left, but there might have been more in the stock room.
    I hope they do, thanks for the heads up! I ordered it through hmv just last week for €18 and I thought that was a good enough price...