Options

PHOTOS :Max Weinberg 7 at BB Kings Saturday 10:30PM show

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Some photos of this show I was lucky enough to go to with my girlfriend who was on the guestlist. It went really quick- over in approx 1.5 hours but regardless still lots of fun. The band really packs a punch and alot of energy ( We were seated directly in front of the horn section- wow ! )
I also enjoyed the " cabaret-style" seating at BB Kings club. It is a little costly, but hey its manhattan....
We also noticed the pearl jam tribute band ( ten ) play this venue often.

enjoy !

DVC00476.jpg

DVC00477.jpg

DVC00457.jpg

DVC00468.jpg

DVC00467.jpg

DVC00466.jpg

DVC00465.jpg

DVC00464.jpg

DVC00462.jpg

DVC00463.jpg

DVC00453.jpg

DVC00452.jpg

DVC00434.jpg

DVC00433.jpg

DVC00425.jpg

DVC00422.jpg

DVC00414.jpg

DVC00411.jpg

DVC00410.jpg

Oh and Conan didnt show up. Someone had mentioned they heard Max soaks his hands in ice after each gig. I can confirm this as after the show was over we met Max briefly and during this meeting, Max asked the waitress staff for a bucket of ice.

cheers !
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My parents were at this show (I would have gone if I was still in NY) and said it was really good. I would have been hoping more for a Springsteen appearance than a Conan appearance (Bruce sometimes shows up at these types of things) or any E Streeter for that matter...

Max's band was Bruce's horn section from back in the day (and played on songs like 10th Avenue Freezeout, etc...)
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    all these guys actually front their own bands. Also these guys ( as far as Pender and La Bamba ) are in Southside Johnnys Asbury Jukes. Always entertaining and full of energy. I love when they line dance and twirl their horns. Fun stuff.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    That's cool. I had no idea the Max Weinberg 7 ever played anywhere outside of the Conan O'Brien Show, but they're all really talented. Did Pender sing any of his ridiculous songs?