***WINTERSLEEP***

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited August 2009 in Other Music
I searched and searched, but I think civ_eng_girl's thread has vanished into the ether :(

So then another thread dedicated to this awesome band :)

Uk dates for next month are as follows :

February 2009
Tue. Feb 10 O2 Academy Birmingham
Wed. Feb 11 Barfly Cardiff
Thu. Feb 12 Academy 2 Dublin
Fri. Feb 13 Auntie Annie's Belfast
Sat. Feb 14 ABC2 Glasgow
Sun. Feb 15 Faversham Leeds
Tue. Feb 17 Roadhouse Manchester
Wed. Feb 18 Hoxton Bar & Grill London

I have tix for the 10th in Birmingham. 8-) It's going to be awesome to see them do a full set over here for the 1st time :D
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I just saw this earlier. I'm most likely going to the Cardiff date. Such a tiny venue, should be good even though Im not familiar with their stuff...remember I saw them by default last time :lol:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i will post in this thread just to get it going. this band is amazing....
    ME and the discography
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/ ... G_7869.jpg
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    ME and the discography
    Ooooohh! Pretty things :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    ME and the discography

thanks, i get that about my eyes all the time. :lol:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • "Jaws of Life" kicks ass.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    ME and the discography

thanks, i get that about my eyes all the time. :lol:
    ;):lol:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    "Jaws of Life" kicks ass.

yes it does!!! as do so many of their songs...
  • i'm seein these guys TONIGHT 8-)8-)8-)
    CM132332 wrote:
    i'm seein these guys TONIGHT 8-)8-)8-)
    Woooo! Have fun :D

Come back with a full review ;)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    CM132332 wrote:
    i'm seein these guys TONIGHT 8-)8-)8-)
    HOW WAS IT?!

im at the heart of nerves normal as we speak. what a band!
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    oh it was fantastic! nerves normal closed the show and almost clocked in at 15mins!! they played listen(listen listen} jaws of life, maybe one more older tune, and pretty much all of welcome to night sky!! oh yeah and a killer cover of uncle neil's ''words''!

i was lucky to show up early and score all 3 albums on vinyl!! the nice lady behind the counter said the guys found a few extras of the older LP's kickin around the house over x-mas, i was pretty pleased cuz these have been sold out forever on maplemusic.com!!

i recorded the whole show, i dont know if it was the shit venue, but my usually trusty fujifilm digi let me down for a lot of the songs, bass drum/bass drowns out everything, but here's a few clips for yas!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JkR2NfbTaSw

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GCm9lwGi2MI

ps : i'm obviously CM132332 just got my accounts merged and need to edit my profile!
    cheers
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW US TOUR DATES?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tue. Mar 17 Rudyard’s Houston, TX w/ Deertick and Stardeath and White Dwarfs.
    Ticket information, TBA.
    21+ / Doors at 9PM
    Wed. Mar 18 The Loft Dallas, TX w/ Stardeath and White Dwarfs.
    Advance tickets available at Ticketmaster outlets in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and online .
    All Ages / Doors at 7:30PM
    Buy Tickets Online
    Sat. Mar 21 Rusty Spurs SXSW in Austin, TX More info to follow!
    Tue. Mar 24 Echo Los Angeles, CA w/ An Horse.
    Ticket info to follow.
    Wed. Mar 25 Hotel Utah San Francisco, CA w/ An Horse.
    Tickets available online.
    21+ / 9:00PM
    Buy Tickets Online
    Thu. Mar 26 Lola's Portland, OR w/ An Horse
    Ticket info, TBA.
    21+ / Doors at 8PM
    Lola's
    Fri. Mar 27 The Vera Project Seattle, WA w/ An Horse.
    Ticket information, TBA.
    All Ages / Doors at 8PM / Show time, 9PM.
  • VANCOUVER DATE APRIL 3rd.

PRESALE STARTS TOMORROW
  • canadian dates

Sat. Mar 28 Sugar Victoria, BC wintersleep.com presale starts Tuesday, Feb. 17th until Thursday, Feb. 19th.
    19+ / Doors at 9PM
    Buy Presale Tickets Online
    Mon. Mar 30 MacEwan Ballroom Calgary, AB wintersleep.com presale starts Tuesday, Feb. 17th until Thursday, Feb. 19th.
    All Ages / Doors at 7PM
    Tue. Mar 31 Starlite Room Edmonton, AB wintersleep.com presale starts Tuesday, Feb. 17th until Thursday, Feb. 19th.
    18+ / Doors at 8PM

April 2009
    Fri. Apr 3 Commodore Vancouver, BC wintersleep.com presale starts Tuesday, Feb. 17th until Thursday, Feb. 19th.
    19+ / Doors at 8PM.
  • im going to the seattle march 21st show and the april 3rd commodore show now. bonus!
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    im going to the seattle march 21st show and the april 3rd commodore show now. bonus!

I'm wicked jealous!!! Can't wait to see them again.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Anyone who wants a pair of free tix to tonight's Wintersleep show in LA at the Echoplex should check this out:
    http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2009/03/s ... e-tickets/
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I wish to god these guys would play near the Albany area.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    August 21, 2009

Recording
    After a very busy year of touring, Wintersleep is taking the month of September to work on a new album. Check in on the Twitter page throughout September for updates from the inside.

Come October, it’s back on the road with Editors touring the UK. The tour will continue throughout November and December in mainland Europe with Editors and The Maccabees. All dates are posted on the tour page. Hello Poland!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    If they weren'y just supporting the Editors I'd definitely go again. Great band, but I hate the editors. Saw them last year and the ywere brilliant
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    great news that they are recording! im actually friends with 3 of the guys on facebook, i will ask them about the progress in october
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    I went to see them in Academy 2 in Dublin in May. The venue is the basement of "The Academy"...the upstairs part is good but the downstairs part aint great, the stage is tucked away under a low ceiling, sound is rubbish.

Despite all that, they're a very tight live band, and the tickets were really cheap!

What did surprise me though, was how they sounded tamer live than i was hoping. They were still really good, i just wasnt getting into to the extent i wanted to. I will largely put that down to the shite venue.