Options

Secrets...

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So the secret santa and some conversations I had today got me thinking...

How are you with secrets? Can you keep them? Do people tell you theirs?
Who do you tell yours to?

I am pretty good with secrets...lots of people tell me theirs, I must have that kind of face...

I'm good at keeping them too..even under the influence of alcohol :)

And I never tell anyone mine, not even my best friend...That's 'cos they're secret...;)
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I can't keep a secret... don't tell me anything!

Actually, I guess it depends how important it is.
  • Options
    alcohol is the combination to my vault. otherwise, I'm pretty good.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm pretty good with keeping them. I'm not really a gossipy person. Depending on the secret though I may tell one person who I know would never blab but mostly I keep zipped. As for sharing a secret about myself..never...I dont trust people :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    trust no one.
  • Options
    I'm an excellent secret keeper. People tell me stuff all the time. Sometimes its even stuff that I really don't want to know.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I'm great at keeping secrets. And I have a few about myself that I will take to the grave...however, I don't think I should work for the CIA or something because as soon as someone threatens to pull out my teeth (or do worse!) then I will tell. But if I don't get threatened, your secret is safe with me! :p
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    shhhhhh

Ill never tell

:)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    shhhhhh

Ill never tell

:)
    If i need to tell, I'll tell you...;)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I am pretty good with secrets...lots of people tell me theirs, I must have that kind of face...
    same thing happens to me. i joke that i must have been a priest in a past life just cuz i seem to be the resident confessional for people i know. even people i *don't* know! i've had strangers come up to me telling me all sorts of private stuff. no idea why lol

but yeah, i'm a vault. loyalty is very important to me so keeping someone's secret guarded is easy.
  • Options
    same thing happens to me. i joke that i must have been a priest in a past life just cuz i seem to be the resident confessional for people i know. even people i *don't* know! i've had strangers come up to me telling me all sorts of private stuff. no idea why lol

but yeah, i'm a vault. loyalty is very important to me so keeping someone's secret guarded is easy.

I get that too...No idea why :confused:

Maybe 'cos I don't tell mine..I find it easy to keep other peoples..

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    i'm ok at it

i'm nota good liar though so if i get confronted or something along those lines the jig is up :p
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    I get that too...No idea why :confused:

Maybe 'cos I don't tell mine..I find it easy to keep other peoples..
    perhaps that's it, because i'm the same way. i don't share hardly any with anybody, i'd have to really trust them to do that.
  • Options
    perhaps that's it, because i'm the same way. i don't share hardly any with anybody, i'd have to really trust them to do that.

It's not that I don't trust my friends....It's just...I don't like to share the inside of my own head.

There are people I could tell anything to...I just don't.

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    I've been known to be a leak at times but if it is something important, it remains in the vault!!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if more than one person knows, tis not a secret anymore. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    So the secret santa and some conversations I had today got me thinking...

How are you with secrets? Can you keep them? Do people tell you theirs?
    Who do you tell yours to?

I'm good at keeping them too..even under the influence of alcohol :)

And I never tell anyone mine, not even my best friend...That's 'cos they're secret...;)

im VERY good at keeping secrets. if i have to, i will deny i know any kind of info anyone has told me in secret. its a rule of "LIFE & DEATH" 17 years in the making. ;) however, me personally, i have a major trust problem lately.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    if more than one person knows, tis not a secret anymore. :)

And that's how I feel about it too :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I don't like secrets.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Hmmm

I can keep secrets but certain ones I can't, sometimes could just explode I get that excited! Normally if they're to do with me and my life I always end up telling my best friend Urbanhippie.... There isn't much she doesn't know about me... :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Hmmm

I can keep secrets but certain ones I can't, sometimes could just explode I get that excited! Normally if they're to do with me and my life I always end up telling my best friend Urbanhippie.... There isn't much she doesn't know about me... :D

Ha! I know you better than you know yourself....:)

Hmmmmmm.....And I still love ya....:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I don't think that's it. I don't have any secrets. Well some things people on the board don't know but that's cos the internet isn't the place to talk about them... gimme a couple of drinks and I'll tell ya anything.

But I'm great at keeping other peoples secrets. People tell me lots and I'm never even tempted to say it to someone else. I just couldn't do that to them
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I don't think it's about trust...I trust my friends. And it's not that I have big, scary skeletons in my closet.

Most of the time they are insignificant little thought bubbles and daydreams that I'd never want to bother any one else with. I'd never want to reveal so much of myself to anyone :eek:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm exceptionally awesome at keeping secrets :)

shit.... i wasnt supposed to tell you all that!!! :(

actually i'm fucking awful at it... specially when i've had me a fill of booze... booze should be used by the CIA to get secrets out of folk
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm exceptionally awesome at keeping secrets :)

shit.... i wasnt supposed to tell you all that!!! :(

actually i'm fucking awful at it... specially when i've had me a fill of booze... booze should be used by the CIA to get secrets out of folk
    This is true... dunk's the worst person in the world to tell anything to :eek:

Well not quite... he can be good and he can be pretty bad :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    This is true... dunk's the worst person in the world to tell anything to :eek:

Well not quite... he can be good and he can be pretty bad :o

indeed i am :o

well it depends on the salaciousness of the secret.. if someone tells me they got their nipple pierced or once ate a bible then i'm sure i can keep those kinds of secrets.. however if someone tells me that they shagged someone from this forum then thats just to good to hold in :D;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I think I am pretty good at keeping secrets, but I try not to get into that sort of situation where I have too.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I like to think i'm pretty good at it. People seem to trust me, though I have no idea why. :confused:

I wouldn't trust me...
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I like to think i'm pretty good at it. People seem to trust me, though I have no idea why. :confused:

I wouldn't trust me...

I don't :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    But I'm great at keeping other peoples secrets. People tell me lots and I'm never even tempted to say it to someone else. I just couldn't do that to them

thank feck for that!! :D

I get told a lot of secrets too.. it's always been like that and I suppose it'll always be so. which I don't mind, I reckon it's good that some things can be shared with someone. and I know how to keep a secret too. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    thank feck for that!! :D

I get told a lot of secrets too.. it's always been like that and I suppose it'll always be so. which I don't mind, I reckon it's good that some things can be shared with someone. and I know how to keep a secret too. :)
    :D and yep, thank feck for that too :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life