Options

My concert tickets

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I've tried to collect most of the Ticket Stubs to concerts I've been to for a few years and today I looked at my collection and realized that I've managed to keep quite a few. There are a lot that are missing but it's still a good collection I think. Anyway, I wanted to show you all a picture of the ones I have. Do any of you have anything similar to this? And if so, I was hoping you could suggest some ideas for displaying them somehow?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/brainofe/carrietix.jpg

All of these are in or around the Houston, TX area, except where noted.

1998 - Maná
2000 - Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ Foo Fighters
Pearl Jam x2
Toadies
2001 - Green Day
Toadies
2002 - Incubus
Café Tacvba (Chicago)
Toadies
2003 - Pearl Jam w/ Sleater-Kinney (San Antonio)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Lollapalooza feat. Audioslave, Incubus, Jane’s Addiction
Radiohead
2004 - Reel Big Fish
Incubus
2005 - Audioslave
Café Tacvba
Nine Inch Nails
2006 - Tool
2007 - Bloc Party
Interpol
Café Tacvba
Toadies
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking about doing the same thing trying to display them, not sure how to do it though.
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I have a notice board where I pin the shows that mean the most to me (Festivals and my favourite bands mostly). If I get a setlist or other momentoes then I tend to keep the ticket to go along with it. But it isn't a neat collection just a jumble of nice memories. Don't collect as a hobby, just like to sit back look at the tickets and remember the good times.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Brain Of E wrote:
    I've tried to collect most of the Ticket Stubs to concerts I've been to for a few years and today I looked at my collection and realized that I've managed to keep quite a few. There are a lot that are missing but it's still a good collection I think. Anyway, I wanted to show you all a picture of the ones I have. Do any of you have anything similar to this? And if so, I was hoping you could suggest some ideas for displaying them somehow?

1998 - Maná
    Pearl Jam x2
    Toadies
    2001 - Green Day
    Toadies
    2002 - Incubus
    Café Tacvba (Chicago)
    Toadies
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Radiohead
    2004 - Reel Big Fish
    Incubus
    2005 - Audioslave
    Café Tacvba
    Nine Inch Nails
    2006 - Tool
    2007 - Bloc Party
    Interpol
    Café Tacvba
    Toadies
    Awesome dude! I do the same thing, although I got to get a bigger case for mine. There in a frame, hanging on my wall. I'll try and post a picture later. I'm in Houston too. Nice to see another Toadies fan on here, that last December show was awesome. My 3rd time seeing them. I'm missing a few stubbs. A few of the rodeo ones like Bob dylan didn't have his name on the ticket not sure why? but yeah, cool collage you got there. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    nice collection!

i'm pretty sure i have all my ticket stubs still... except my chili peppers one (7th row floor), but since i got kicked out for being too drunk before i even saw my seat, it shouldn't count anyway.
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Awesome dude! I do the same thing, although I got to get a bigger case for mine. There in a frame, hanging on my wall. I'll try and post a picture later. I'm in Houston too. Nice to see another Toadies fan on here, that last December show was awesome. My 3rd time seeing them. I'm missing a few stubbs. A few of the rodeo ones like Bob dylan didn't have his name on the ticket not sure why? but yeah, cool collage you got there. :D

Yea I love the Toadies, I've been listening to them since I was in eigth grade or something, whenever rubberneck first came out. They're a badass band, it's too bad they broke up, but it's cool how they keep doing shows. They've done more reunion shows than KISS!!! Did you happen to catch the preshow acoustic set at the Hard Rock Cafe? It was amazing, my brother recorded only one of the songs on his digital camera, you may have seen it on the interweb.
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Fantastic.
    I have been going to gigs and festivals for 24 years.Still have about 90% of my ticket stubs,set lists etc.The ones I havn't displayed I still love to get the box out and look through them.In relation to dispalying the most important ones.I bought a big picture frame and made up a collage of the stuff I wanted to mount.I used good quality artists spray mount
    and mounted them onto the paper board that is usually in the middle of frames.Once that was dry I used artists mat sealant to protect it all and reassembled the frame.It will now last a lifetime and be protected from sunlight,heat etc.It took ages to do but was well worth the time.It hangs in my hallway.I love visitors stopping to look and read it all then ask me about it.Its like a walk through my life of music and concerts.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Fantastic.
    I have been going to gigs and festivals for 24 years.Still have about 90% of my ticket stubs,set lists etc.The ones I havn't displayed I still love to get the box out and look through them.In relation to dispalying the most important ones.I bought a big picture frame and made up a collage of the stuff I wanted to mount.I used good quality artists spray mount
    and mounted them onto the paper board that is usually in the middle of frames.Once that was dry I used artists mat sealant to protect it all and reassembled the frame.It will now last a lifetime and be protected from sunlight,heat etc.It took ages to do but was well worth the time.It hangs in my hallway.I love visitors stopping to look and read it all then ask me about it.Its like a walk through my life of music and concerts.

Oh this sounds really cool. any chance you could post a picture of it?
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Oh this sounds really cool. any chance you could post a picture of it?

I'll try but I'm not to great at advanced computer skills (embarrased cringe).It does look fab though and I love it.As said it took ages to do but they wont fade/deteriorate like they would pinned to a board.Give it a try.It will be your pride and joy.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I keep mine in a photo album....concerts and sporting events...
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565

i kinda wish that i'd saved all the sporting event tickets that i've went to. got most from the past couple years, but before that, it's a blur.
  • Options
    i have about 90% of my concert stubs

i keep them in an album. going on around 200 i think.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Yea I love the Toadies, I've been listening to them since I was in eigth grade or something, whenever rubberneck first came out. They're a badass band, it's too bad they broke up, but it's cool how they keep doing shows. They've done more reunion shows than KISS!!! Did you happen to catch the preshow acoustic set at the Hard Rock Cafe? It was amazing, my brother recorded only one of the songs on his digital camera, you may have seen it on the interweb.
    yeah, I was up front at Hard rock cafe for that. I've seen the video, (Dollskin, right?) that was awesome, and actually that's me sitting in front of the camera with the black jacket on. I got to talk to Vaden or (Todd) as he was known in Toadies for a few minutes. He walked by my table and we talked for about 10 minutes. I help run their street team for Toadies and Burden Brothers, so that's how I know him and their managers. I ended up with two extra tickets cause he ended up giving me a backstage pass, and there was a floor pit ticket in there too. So yeah, he really does appreciate his fans and I have seen Toadies 3 times and Burden Brothers like 7 or 8. Hopefully they come back soon. I love Toadies and BB shows.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I've got about 90-95% of my concert tickets as well.

I recently bought two of these.

http://www.thatsmyticket.com/cconat.html
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    mulva9 wrote:

how are they? i need two myself. i have every ticket but 3. two festivals, where the mosh ate my tickets and one sold out club venue for the rapture where they just stamped my hand.

its about 120 tickets or so

i like the sporting events idea too....i have about 50 canucks game tickets dating back to 87!! that would be cool to look through.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i have all my stubs since a '92 Steelers game. Never counted, but its quite a few. i plan on building a bar in my basement and making the bar top glass. stubs going underneath. perfect conversation piece for those late night drinking festivals.
  • Options
    I just recently put 500+ticket stubs in one three ring binder...the mylar inserts were designed for hockey/baseball cards and are good quailty+...each page has slots to fit 9 sports cards...thinking that some sports cards are worth way more than any ticket stub it seemed like the most logical way to store them.

Some of the tickets needed to folded once but 85% of them fit perfectly

The whole setup cost me less than $35
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    I do the same, though I filled one album and have enough for a 2nd at least and have gotten too lazy to organize over the past few years.
    The first album is organized with stubs from the same artist (and sometimes a few photos and guitar picks from the concert) on the same page(s). Once filled I had the dilemma of just starting a new album from that point forward, or trying to reorganize so for example my 94-00 PJ stubs would be with my 03-06 PJ stubs, but haven't done either and have quite a stack of stubs to get organized now.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    mulva9 wrote:

how are they? i need two myself. i have every ticket but 3. two festivals, where the mosh ate my tickets and one sold out club venue for the rapture where they just stamped my hand.

its about 120 tickets or so

i like the sporting events idea too....i have about 50 canucks game tickets dating back to 87!! that would be cool to look through.

I like them, the slots are perfectly sized for a standard ticket (with room to spare). I had to cut down some of the "print at home" tickets to fit in, but thankfully I only have a few of those.
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    blackngold wrote:
    i have all my stubs since a '92 Steelers game. Never counted, but its quite a few. i plan on building a bar in my basement and making the bar top glass. stubs going underneath. perfect conversation piece for those late night drinking festivals.

That's what I'm going to do after I buy my first house. And on the walls, I'll have autographs, posters, jerseys, etc that I collected over the years. Right above my couch, I'll have the Toronto '05 and Sydney '06 posters along with Super Bowl XL memorabilia. I'm going to call the room "Valhalla". :D
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I have all my ticket concert/sporting stubs too going back to 1979! My first Mariners game versus the Oakland A's for $1.50 when I was 9. I had them all in big box but a few years ago started putting them in baseball card holders (which somebody else mentioned) and they fit pretty well. Would be cool to put them in something more official but for now, it'll do.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    quasi wrote:
    I have all my ticket concert/sporting stubs too going back to 1979! My first Mariners game versus the Oakland A's for $1.50 when I was 9. I had them all in big box but a few years ago started putting them in baseball card holders (which somebody else mentioned) and they fit pretty well. Would be cool to put them in something more official but for now, it'll do.

A DOLLAR 50?!!?!?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    thanks for the ideas everyone
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Brain Of E wrote:

1998 - Maná
    Pearl Jam x2
    Toadies
    2001 - Green Day
    Toadies
    2002 - Incubus
    Café Tacvba (Chicago)
    Toadies
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Radiohead
    2004 - Reel Big Fish
    Incubus
    2005 - Audioslave
    Café Tacvba
    Nine Inch Nails
    2006 - Tool
    2007 - Bloc Party
    Interpol
    Café Tacvba
    Toadies

i've got mine framed probably 300 or so going back to 1977 the ZEPP STUB FROM MSG ,and since 91" i've stuck them on the outside of the frame probably another 50 or so including all my PJ STUBS 31 OF THOSE ....geek i know
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....