Options

Tom Morello (the actor)

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited May 2008 in Other Music
I saw Iron Man the other night and I thought it was cool to see Tom Morello make a cameo. During the scene were the first Iron Man is escaping the cave, Tom is one of the terrorists that goes in to stop him. Unfortunately he ends up being blown away by Iron Man. It also looks like Morello helped out with the movie's score, in the end credits he shows up as "additional electric guitars," but he goes uncredited as the terrorist. Also, he shows up in another Jon Favreu directed movie, Made. He plays the best man at a bachelor party.
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I absolutely loved Tom's cameo in Iron Man, my friends and I couldn't stop laughing once we'd spotted him.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Now why am I absolutely certain that a large number of people in this pit would be calling Cornell a sellout douchebag if he had a cameo performance in a big hollywood blockbuster?

Hmmm...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Now why am I absolutely certain that a large number of people in this pit would be calling Cornell a sellout douchebag if he had a cameo performance in a big hollywood blockbuster?

Hmmm...
    You're talking about Singles, right?
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    hahaha

Although that cameo should be perfectly acceptable since Singles did encompass the Seattle scene. Plus if you call Cornell a sellout douchebag for Singles, you'd have to say the same for Eddie, Stone, Jeff, and Tad Doyle which would be severe heresy 'round these parts.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

No. I'm talking about today's peception of Cornell where the vast majority second guess his every move and are quick to dismiss his every action as him selling out. If CC would have been in Iron Man, I guarantee we'd hear a ton of negative feeback about it, but if someone like Morello does it, nary a word is spoken.

Interesting. That is all....
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Singles wasn't exactly a summer blockbuster, was it?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    sarcasm. sheesh. :)
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    eyedclaar wrote:
    No. I'm talking about today's peception of Cornell where the vast majority second guess his every move and are quick to dismiss his every action as him selling out. If CC would have been in Iron Man, I guarantee we'd hear a ton of negative feeback about it, but if someone like Morello does it, nary a word is spoken.

I don't care what he does; he just hasn't made any music worth a shit since Soundgarden.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    sarcasm. sheesh. :)

Whoops. :o:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    no sweat. I thought the green arrow was universal code for sarcasm...

Fair play to Tom though, hope I get to see Rage this summer. :D
  • Options
    Tom's wife works for Sony. Hence why he does a fair few soundtracks and cameos. I do agree on the Cornell point though, he gets way too much flak around here.
  • Options
    Morello is friends with jon favereu(sp?)

he's in "made" as well as a guy who gets a lapdance.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    eyedclaar wrote:

Dude he blew off a Denver show and a Salt Lake city show so he could go play a designer jeans concert instead. Sorry in my book that's pretty shitty and low. Yea he ended up playing Denver after canceling twice.
  • Options
    dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    hope hes a better at acting than he is at guitar solos
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 630
    Oh my God I knew I recognized that terrorist! He was in the cave when Iron Man first escaped...I was looking at him thinking, "I know that guy'....I actually thought it was someone I knew and couldn't place...now I know who it was! Ha!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Dude he blew off a Denver show and a Salt Lake city show so he could go play a designer jeans concert instead. Sorry in my book that's pretty shitty and low. Yea he ended up playing Denver after canceling twice.
    Yeah 'cause artists book their own shows. Ever heard of a TOUR MANAGER? He was duly fired after that fuck up.
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    CC would probably want his name in the credits before Robert Downey Jr's and also his own action figure.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Yup! I wouldn't give Cornell shit for being in Iron Man... unless he was wearing designer jeans, or cancelled a denver show the night before it was supposed to happen to play a terrorist in Iron Man.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    dan_vedder wrote:

He can't do it all, being an innovative great actor as well.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    dan_vedder wrote:
    hmm...
    morello does a lot of wierd shit... doesn't make him good or bad, but wierd!
  • Options
    PrePre Posts: 17
    dan_vedder wrote:

Yay flamebait.