Post edited by distant shores on

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Trades?
  • Options
    Some cool one offs ... can send pics .. Also have a few posters not big high end posters but decent...  can send photos of the high end stuff I have .. And some of the lower end ... can also include $ .. 
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump'n up!!!  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,106
    I hope you find one.  I got lucky and bought a framed one about 8 to 10 years ago for about $425usd.   CAD/USD was close to par so I made out like a bandit :)

I'd been looking for one for a while.  They were sold when I got to the venue in '98.   I did see a local store selling some around the Binaural/Riot Act Tours for markup, but only like $120.   Didn't have the funds at the time, and had kicked myself for not grabbing one.

'98's are so hard to find.  They're either in peoples collections permanently or damaged over the last 23 years :(
  • Options
    I hear ya ....  There's only a couple  I want , 98 seattle is the one I want most and everytime Im close to a deal it fades away .... People asking 4 & 5k is a bit ridiculous...  I don't mind shelling out for it with $ & trade but I'm also realistic 
  • Options
    Bump'n
  • Options
    Dvdpenny72Dvdpenny72 Seattle Posts: 108
    Does it need to be mint? 
  • Options
    Still looking Bump!
  • Options
    I hope you find one.. bump!
  • Options
    Not yet... getting the run around!  
    Search continues .. Thanks !
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763
    The hunt is half the fun. Be patient. It will be yours...
  • Options
    Thanks Lou!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    People asking 4 & 5k is a bit ridiculous...  I don't mind shelling out for it with $ & trade but I'm also realistic 
    Why is this ridiculous or unrealistic ? I am guessing that is the price that it would take for someone to let theirs,  go as they know they won’t ever get another one.  Need to find an art dealer, but they will know the value and probably be asking $3k. I know someone who trade a sealed Benny for the 1998 poster they wanted. 

The Clear No Code Lp released this year sells for $300, when you can get the exact same thing just different wax for $35. 

It’s just how the game works I guess   
  • Options
    It's definitely tough.  I think most of these are in collector's hands now.

I had a hard enough time tracking my copy down when I did, and I don't think I'd sell it for any price, not unless something happened and I was super desperate.  I wouldn't even sell it for $5k or $10k.

So there's merit that might take some serious cash to acquire this one (or many other other '98s) as they've been absorbed into collections, rarely get listed on discogs/ebays/expressobeans.   IF they do get listed there's probably a few possible buyers locked into a bidding war for something that rarely goes on sale.

I wish the OP the best of luck, hopefully he can track one down for less than $5k.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Would sell for $5k

• Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    1998 Seattle Expresso Beans sales stats:

Sold: 42
    Six Month Average: $800.00
    Average Price: $498.32
    Lowest Price: $135.83
    Highest Price: $2,050.00
    Collections: 98

Last Five “Counted” 98 Seattle’s Sold:

8/3/21: $800.00
    3/27/19: $2,050.00
    5/21/18: $900.00
    9/12/17: $1,200.00
    7/14/17: $1,000.00

(1/13/17: $350.00  took a big jump this year!)
  • Options
    Don't they all.... Thanks for the info! Appreciated