Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
edited March 22 in The Porch
Figured it would be easy to keep up with the ongoing content if it all took place on one thread so that’s what I’ll do from now on until I decide not to. Granted, three people ever look at these posts, but I’ll do it for my own amusement at this point. 

This week’s episode is Showbox 96 and we’ll talk about all of the No Code debuts that occurred on that night. As well as what the future of the band in 96 would have in store. Listen wherever you want, but here is an option:
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    This would make for a GREAT vault show if it was recorded. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    This would make for a GREAT vault show if it was recorded. 

Yes it totally would be. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Recently picked up the Secret Gig bootleg from the late 90s. Sounded pretty decent! Agreed on this being a vault. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Recently picked up the Secret Gig bootleg from the late 90s. Sounded pretty decent! Agreed on this being a vault. 
    Tbh give me anything vault from this tour. I love Moline as much as the next guy, but was really hoping 96 or 04 would get a little love. I won’t be picky, I’m sure Barcelona would be an option since they have the Smile recording from it. This show would be an obvious wish but who knows if the board ran a tape for it or not
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

edited May 2021
    Just posted: reaction to this weekend’s Global Citizen performance

I don’t say this lightly, this week’s episode is among one of the very best that we’ve done. It’s Leeds, if you were there, I need not explain much further. If you weren’t there, you certainly understand the importance of it. This entire month we are covering shows that you can listen to on the new Deep site and although the full 2014 tour is unavailable, Leeds was added to the list for a reason - every fan needs to hear it. It is Europe’s Live At The Garden and deserves a DVD/Blu-Ray to accompany it.

This episode is also dedicated to our friend and member of the community Frank Stolli who we lost last Friday. Frank had been dealt a hard hand and battled through as much as he could, but at 47 we lost him to Pancreatic Cancer. He was an incredibly generous and caring person and wanted to share his love with the people who followed this band. We honored him in this episode and we miss him dearly.

• matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Leeds definitely needs to become a vault release!
    I need to listen to that one again. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I couldn’t possibly have any idea where you would be able to do such a thing. Sucks that the band doesn’t make like 186 random bootlegs available to everyone or something…

I couldn’t possibly have any idea where you would be able to do such a thing. Sucks that the band doesn’t make like 186 random bootlegs available to everyone or something…

Haha!! Yeah, me either!! Good god man, this show SMOKES! The set list looks like it came from the Deep set list generator! Ed, a human set list generator!
    www.cluthelee.com
    @Sobelberg8 Who nabbed the Deep review for this one? Did we all punt because nobody could possibly put words to this gem?

www.cluthelee.com
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,698
    Leeds  was one of my best nights  ever..we all went to a bar after with all my polish friends with ed tambourines and danced and sang the night  away. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Leeds  was one of my best nights  ever..we all went to a bar after with all my polish friends with ed tambourines and danced and sang the night  away. 
    Ed was in such a good mood too. So funny. This show was SO awesome to listen to again! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    @Sobelberg8 Who nabbed the Deep review for this one? Did we all punt because nobody could possibly put words to this gem?

That would be one of our guys, Alex. He was at the show, henceforth could do it more justice than you or I. And hey man I took on some real tough ones in there! MSG 03, Ice Bowl, State College, Nassau, Pinkpop 2000. I’d like to think that maybe at least 3 people read those and said ‘hey that guy isn’t a total idiot’

did you get to listen to the episode after the boot? We fawn over this. It was an absolute perfect gem from front to back. PERFECT slow burn encore Man Of The Hour/All Or None/Fatal I would sacrifice myself for that, and the entire Setlist. Parting Ways was crossed off, imagine that?

That would be one of our guys, Alex. He was at the show, henceforth could do it more justice than you or I. And hey man I took on some real tough ones in there! MSG 03, Ice Bowl, State College, Nassau, Pinkpop 2000. I’d like to think that maybe at least 3 people read those and said ‘hey that guy isn’t a total idiot’

did you get to listen to the episode after the boot? We fawn over this. It was an absolute perfect gem from front to back. PERFECT slow burn encore Man Of The Hour/All Or None/Fatal I would sacrifice myself for that, and the entire Setlist. Parting Ways was crossed off, imagine that?

Haha! I read em' - good work! I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but will!
    www.cluthelee.com

Would’ve been cool if everyone followed suit on the quote lead-off thing, I really liked that idea. Mainly because it’s so much different than how we are writing on our Concertpedia page. Find a byte that encapsulates the entire show… I think you can do that with every PJ show in their catalog

Would’ve been cool if everyone followed suit on the quote lead-off thing, I really liked that idea. Mainly because it’s so much different than how we are writing on our Concertpedia page. Find a byte that encapsulates the entire show… I think you can do that with every PJ show in their catalog
    Thanks! I really enjoy writing in general, so it was a lot of fun to try to pick fitting lines for the shows I wrote about! 
    www.cluthelee.com

Thanks! I really enjoy writing in general, so it was a lot of fun to try to pick fitting lines for the shows I wrote about! 
    My favorite was “it’s as hot as the devil’s asshole inside here” that was like Prague or Verona 2000

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Really enjoyed this episode. Not only a great set list but such a great vibe in the building and some outstanding performances of many of the songs.

Sorry to hear about your friend, you gave him a great tribute.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    tino_11 said:
    Really enjoyed this episode. Not only a great set list but such a great vibe in the building and some outstanding performances of many of the songs.

Sorry to hear about your friend, you gave him a great tribute.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Continuing with the theme of the month of covering a different tour year from the Deep catalog, this week we’ve deferred to 2003. With such a deep catalog of shows in the year, what could we possibly pick? Well, hate to say it but east coast bias wins out for maybe the 100th time as we’ve selected Buffalo to cover. Not without reason! Our guest was there at the show and found himself to be the second most vital fan in attendance that night. What did he do to get the band’s attention? It’s worth the listen!

• NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Buffalo 2003 is the best concert I've ever seen in my life. Not just PJ: anyone. Absolutely staggering show.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    edited May 2021
    That was my third PJ show, number 3 in a 7 day stretch 
    This week’s episode features the Montreal 2000 show. Much of what we get into in this episode is the impact of the newly developed bootleg era which all started a week before this tour opener began. Also discussing how the band was a little bit looser on this leg as opposed to the first US leg due to the emotional reaction to Roskilde. Lots of random topics thrown out in this one: did all of the rare songs come back in 2003 due to the bootleg’s popularity? Did the popularity of Last Kiss in 1999 drive them to write an album that diverted them from the spotlight again? And good versions of Corduroy, Porch, Evolution and Off He Goes

This week we cover Spokane from 2013. It was 20 years in the making that the band had completely ignored the second most populous city in their state. Steve Gleason created the Setlist for this show, and that’s important to note since today is National Lou Gehrig Day. This is a good show, but as a native of Connecticut I take issue with something that happens here, I bet you can guess what that is?

This week’s episode (they seem to be running together on one thread now aren’t they?) we dig into DC 2008. We get a few trilogies in this show, the “I” and “you” song trilogies that I’m pretty sure never happen again. We’ll also do a deep dive into Hard To Imagine, something we recently covered in an evolution episode. Listen below, or find another platform. Support your local PJ pods.

Sorry if this isn’t a thread about not getting a No Code vinyl. But I’m not taking it down  =) this week we cover Rio from 2018 and talk to our good friend Dukes (who is somewhere in this forum) as well as hear a message from the boys of Black Circle. It’s a Brazilian crowd, expect the best! Keep the convo going so I feel like at least one person pays attention to this shit, thanks!

I don’t think this one needs much explanation. It’s Red Rocks! And it’s two for the price of one if you wish to contribute $1 to our Patreon, you’ll get to hear the night 1 episode. Red Rocks night 2 with No Jeremy and Falling Down is now available for your ears, and as most legendary shows are, it’s worth the listen:

Just another massive 35-song show in front of 70,000 fans in one of the most famous cities in the world. Rome 2018 is a modern day classic and we’ll get to talk about everything from that night including the origins of MFC and how this was a huge bounce back after Ed busted his throat in London. Check it out here, or if you can subscribe to the show on Apple/Spotify type places you are helping out a group of PJ fans who put in some good effort to relive classic moments for all of you. Enjoy!

We always need to do more 1998 shows, so this episode takes care of that. It’s also another from our monthly Seattle Series that we’ve been doing this year. Does anybody remember Mister Pickles? We’ll have that and special guest Branden from Better Band Podcast joins John as I begin paternity leave.