Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Comments

• aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Great material ! Thanks !
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Very rarely do you get to hear a story about MTV Unplugged from a person in attendance that wasn’t in the band. We looked far and wide for months without any success, and then finally on the date when our initial episode aired, someone reached out to us and told us he was there that night. Ken Lesnik joined us to talk about the improbable journey to get there that night. It’s a fascinating story, and since today is the 30th anniversary of the first airing of the show, there’s no more appropriate time than today. If only something crazy just happened that would prevent people from checking this out today…

A friend of mine (whom I met through a different band) was at the PJ Unplugged taping. She is visible in the video for about 3 seconds. I tried so hard to win my way in, but no luck. No cell phones back then, so I'd pull over and try a payphone! 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Prep for Vegas Friday. If you are in Sacramento come find me, I’ll be shooting footage with a GoPro, come say hi

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    This month we’re kicking off a series focusing on states that Pearl Jam has only played one time in their history. OTOTO States month! We did a short Vermont 1991 episode earlier this week, today’s is Casper, Wyoming 1995. It’s highly doubtful they’ll ever play in Wyoming ever again, so enjoy this one from one of PJs best tour runs.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

They’ve only been to Maine once, but they made it memorable. Dennis Rodman coming on stage at the height of his fame and putting Ed on his shoulders has become an iconic moment from 1996. But there are other interesting things that happened here too. This is the debut of the Save It For Later tag and the first time they ever extended the Corduroy bridge, two cornerstones of the Setlist today that are being experimented with here.

a memorable show that I’m sure a lot of you were in attendance for. Share a memory if you got one

Next up: South Dakota. Ed thinks cowtipping is all they have to do for fun there, but gives this heartland state a moment that they can claim - the debut of the Man Trilogy. Since we are working on an Evolution episode for Nothingman, a lot of discussion will be about how the trilogy was the big break for the song. It’s excellent here. Also, Cameron’s sixth show as a fill-in and some off topic wedding conversation about something old/new/borrowed/blue. You’ll see.

Boise, Idaho 2000 is one of the best shows from that entire run. The band says multiple times that they'd be back there, but they have never returned. Enjoy the OTOTO of Idaho and relive some of the best moments from that night

Last OTOTO state show of the month. Lots of Cohn Brothers movie references and our first instance where we talk about Arc. Also, a very interesting In My Tree that led way to other special versions in 2003. Fargo, North Dakota 2003. That’s it for the states, we’ll do something different next month.

edited July 2022
    Doing some festival shows this month to kind of lighten the workload a bit for July. This one isn’t the first Lolla show of 92, but it’s the first one with a boot. All you need to know about this episode is Stone’s infatuation with the word penis. If that’s not a sell, then I’ve tried my best.

Hi, haven’t heard from anyone in a while. Thought some of you would like to hear about Mudfest. Some of the best early Vs. performances here, and a Baba with something I don’t ever remember hearing on another version.

and if you want to follow along with us on Twitter during the shows, we do live Setlist updates. It’s great to see the participation happening over there. @liveon4legspod

hope you guys are enjoying the rest of the content on Liveon4legs.com too. We’re busting our asses to give you next day show recaps and reactions, and we absolutely love it. Take advantage!

edited July 2022
    No sells anymore. Just links. Open’er Festival 2010

Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

Telluride 2016

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    I wuz there. Dude tried to dance his way past us. Bud I met there. Told him don't let anyone push up front. He beat him down. Woah. I didn't mean to kill anyone! Great show. Beautiful alpen glow during unthought known.
    Saskatoon 2011

Camden Night 2 2006

St. Louis 2014

Denver 1994, the debut of Not For You

We usually do this series for our subscription platform, but today we released a “vault” version of it. We do a series where we break down a song’s live history and how it’s grown, changed, and how the fans have attached to it. 

This one is Rearviewmirror. If you’ve never listened to one yet, it’s highly recommended.

Prepare yourself for tomorrow. Quebec City 2016

• After a biggie last night, proof that there’s history there - Hamilton 2005

• Playing a little catch up here since I’ve been doing the tour just like everyone else. Nice to meet a lot of you these past two weeks! Here’s two to catch up on, best way to keep up is to subscribe.

Atlanta 1998:

Sea.Hear.Now - our 200th episode! 

• Las Cruces 1995. A semi-forgotten gem of the incredible Vitalogy tour

• ACL 2009, non-televised version

and we were also part of the Steven Hyden podcast circuit. We were honored to help him with part of the research and bootleg collecting for this book and we got a nice little thank you in the acknowledgement section. For those keeping score at home, that’s two Pearl Jam books that we’ve been mentioned in now!

• Dublin 2010

• We just interviewed the family that won the All-In Challenge which allowed them to go backstage in Camden and get to witness the Setlist creation among other things from their experience. If you e ever had any fantasies of what it would be like to be backstage, this turns them into a reality!

• It’s the Yield full album show! Joining us again is Steven Hyden who was at the show.

• Boston 5/24/2006

• Hamburg 1996, better than Berlin? Also, made some new Setlist discoveries in this that weren’t relayed on some of the PJ sites previously 

• Great episode which brings back so many memories to my first PJ concert.

Although I second their wish, that this concert will one day great the vault-treatment, I highly doubt that this will happen.
  • Chicago 2003