Options

Singles Soundtrack 2XLP Volume 1 2022 Mondo & Vinyl Films. Singles Vol. 2 - Blues For A T-Shirt

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,114
    demetrios said:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/permalink/10159510566618713/

My "Say Anything ..." vinyl soundtrack arrived from the good people at Mondo today. And hidden in plain sight on the outer label under the shrink wrap is this little nugget. 

I'm not sure what they've got planned to set it apart from the deluxe "Singles" vinyl soundtrack that already is out there, but my head is spinning daydreaming of the possibilities.  

Also, what a good year to be a fan of the music of Cameron Crowe films. This "Say Anything ..." vinyl set finally is out ... the "Almost Famous" massive box set drops in July ... and now we know Mondo is doing "Singles" and "Jerry Maguire."

Maybe they're going to press the whole thing to vinyl?  The last release all the extras were included on a CD within the vinyl package.  Hopefully the new release is the whole thing on vinyl.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/permalink/10159510566618713/

My "Say Anything ..." vinyl soundtrack arrived from the good people at Mondo today. And hidden in plain sight on the outer label under the shrink wrap is this little nugget. 

I'm not sure what they've got planned to set it apart from the deluxe "Singles" vinyl soundtrack that already is out there, but my head is spinning daydreaming of the possibilities.  

Also, what a good year to be a fan of the music of Cameron Crowe films. This "Say Anything ..." vinyl set finally is out ... the "Almost Famous" massive box set drops in July ... and now we know Mondo is doing "Singles" and "Jerry Maguire."

Maybe they're going to press the whole thing to vinyl?  The last release all the extras were included on a CD within the vinyl package.  Hopefully the new release is the whole thing on vinyl.

I hope so too.
  • Options
    https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/singles-vol1-vinyl

SINGLES VOLUME 1 (Vinyl) (On-Sale Info)

This week, we are proud to present the second title in our ongoing Cameron Crowe directors series of soundtracks: the first volume of the iconic and essential soundtrack to his sophomore film, SINGLES.

That's not all, we are restocking color vinyl versions of our previous release SAY ANYTHING... Expanded Edition, featuring previously unreleased material, including never-before-heard demos.

As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesdays at 12PM CT at MondoRecordShop.com.

NEW RELEASE:

SINGLES - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK 2XLP
    Mondo, in partnership with Vinyl Films and Sony Music, is proud to present a 30th anniversary vinyl re-issue of the seminal 1992 soundtrack to Cameron Crowe's sophomore film, SINGLES

This volume features songs by Alice In ChainsPearl JamPaul WesterbergMother Love BoneThe Smashing PumpkinsSoundgarden, and more. 

Pressed on 2x 180 Gram color vinyl, and housed in all new 30th anniversary packaging, it also features a replica Japanese Zine from the original international theatrical release.
    SINGLES - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - VOLUME 1Pressed on 2x 180 Gram Translucent Orange Vinyl. Also available on 2x 180 Gram Black Vinyl. Featuring a 20 Page replica Japanese Zine. $40
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 401
    Any experience how fast the colored vinyl will sell?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    Usually fast, but it depends on the release. I think these may be around for a bit seeing as there were a couple runs from Sony before 
  • Options
    Thanks. This will be the regular soundtrack with 13 songs and no bonus tracks, correct?
  • Options
    I believe so. Bonus tracks for Volume 2. Kinda wished they sold both volumes together.
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 642
    Any idea if these are Mondo exclusive? Or is there a chance to pick up black variant at indie stores this year? I'd like to support my local guy. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    A REPLICA JAPANESE ZINE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Any idea if these are Mondo exclusive? Or is there a chance to pick up black variant at indie stores this year? I'd like to support my local guy. 

These are Mondo exclusive. For the Say Anything release there were only the 2 colored pressings. There was no indie store release.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Too bad they don't have the free shipping thing now...

That's when I got my FREDDY VS JASON and FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES soundtracks... the free shipping sort oooof balances out all the import and tax costs...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 642
    demetrios said:
    AW124797 said:

These are Mondo exclusive. For the Say Anything release there were only the 2 colored pressings. There was no indie store release.
    Got it. Thank you! 
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,043
    Not familiar with Mondo. Are these like regular exclusive releases or like higher end exclusive pressings (like ex. MOFI)? hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    Up in under an hour. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,114
    This is going to get me.  I have the OP, and I have the blue newbury comics reissue that I never ended up opening because I found out the extra songs were on cd (my own mistake for not reading more about the reissue).  I'll try to buy this so I can pair it with vol. 2 when it comes out.  Oh the fun of collecting :)
  • Options
    Up!
  • Options
    https://mondoshop.com/products/singles-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2xlp

The Singles soundtrack was released in early 1992, a full three months before the film opened, and it was an instant hit, eventually selling over two million copies. It's the perfect snapshot of Grunge, Seattle at a certain place and time. Cameron Crow made Singles a full year before Grunge became one of the last cultural phenomenons of pre-internet times. The soundtrack is phenomenal, featuring every Seattle band that was hot at the time (except Nirvana). 

Alice In Chains delivers 'Would?' a dark gothic grunger about former Mother Love Bone singer Andrew Wood (who died of a drug overdose). The spectre of Andrew Wood looms large on this soundtrack; his band's fingerprints can be heard throughout the score. Their epic 'Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns' closes out side A, and both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden (featuring former MLB members) turn in some of their best songs. Paul Westerberg, fresh from breaking up the incredible The Replacements, has two solo songs, including the mini hit 'Dyslexic Heart'. Also featured are The Screaming Trees, The Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix and The Lovemongers, and let us not forget the incomparable Mudhoney with the barbed 'Overblown'.

Undoubtedly one of the greatest soundtracks ever released.

TRACKLIST

Side A
    1. Would? - Performed by Alice In Chains 3:26
    2. Breath - Performed by Pearl Jam 5:05
    3. Seasons - Performed by Chris Cornell 5:45

Side B
    4. Dyslexic Heart - Performed by Paul Westerberg 4:28
    5. Battle of Evermore - Performed by The Lovemongers 5:40
    6. Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns - Performed by Mother Love Bone 8:15

Side C
    7. Birth Ritual - Performed by Soundgarden 6:05
    8. State of Love and Trust - Performed by Pearl Jam 3:47
    9. Overblown - Performed by Mudhoney 2:58
    10. Waiting for Somebody - Performed by Paul Westerberg 3:25

Side D
    11. May This Be Love - Performed by Jimi Hendrix 3:09
    12. Nearly Lost You - Performed by Screaming Trees 4:06
    13. Drown - The Smashing Pumpkins 8:16

• Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    edited June 2022
    Nabbed one. Cheers for the heads up Demetrios.
    Post edited by joeembleton on
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Not bad for international shipping.
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 407
    Got one thanks. 
  • Options
    Also thanks to Demetrios.
    shipping is in November. Will they come up with Vol 2 until then?
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,105
    Got one. Thanks for posting this Demetrios!!
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 407
    The shipping in November stung a little. Hopefully get this and the new vault same time 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,382
    had to grab one! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    The old me would have jumped on this new Singles vinyl but not anymore. I have the reissue from a few years ago and that will do me.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,382
    FR181798 said:
    The old me would have jumped on this new Singles vinyl but not anymore. I have the reissue from a few years ago and that will do me.
    I sold the reissue a few years ago and wanted to spin it again.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    I know that Mondo generally does large pressings for releases to accommodate as many as possible...but considering this crowd here...I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    They’re still around. I just snagged one!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

There's probably going to be a lot of these. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018