Options

Official Taylor Swift Thread (Taylor's Version)

Comments

• Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    ceska said:
    quasi said:
    I bought "1989" on vinyl a few years ago (had to special order at a local record store at the time as it was not readily available) and just ordered two colored versions of Folklore off her website that have already shipped. They were also selling signed versions of her Folklore CD on sale for only $13 so picked up one of those. Only thing I didn't like is that digital downloads are not available on any of the physical purchases but I'll live.

Thanks for the tip! Bought an autographed copy too. Surprised they were still available. I thought I read that she dropped random autographed copies into the racks at stores when the last album came out, and that madness ensued in the search for a copy. Could you imagine what it would be like here if 10C sold EV-signed copies of a CD??

Still haven't heard evermore yet. Seems like it will be in stores this Friday?
    Glad you got one. Yeah, when the album first dropped in July/August, autographed copies arrived without notice at independent record stores and sold out immediately. Of course, they quickly appeared on ebay for over $300. Then, she flooded the market by offering them on her website for $25 and they now, they go on ebay for barely over $30. But now she has dropped them even lower to $13 for the holidays so even better! And yeah, Evermore is in stores this Friday. No, I can't imagine what an Eddie signed CD would go for!
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Discogs shows numerous vinyl pressings for folklore...can someone clue me in to what I should seek. Never been a fan, but love it. The new one is slower growing, but good as well
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pjpitt89 said:
    Discogs shows numerous vinyl pressings for folklore...can someone clue me in to what I should seek. Never been a fan, but love it. The new one is slower growing, but good as 
    https://store.taylorswift.com/collections/in-the-trees-music/products/1-the-in-the-trees-edition-deluxe-vinyl

or you can get the Target exclusive

https://www.target.com/p/taylor-swift-folklore-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81462583

The other version you see on Discogs were the Limited Edition versions that were sold on Taylor's website for a limited time. They're the same, except different color vinyl and different covers. There are 8 versions + the Target version total I think.
  • Options
    Thanks @MedozK, much appreciated
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    Shes fucking great live
  • Options
    Great Interview, and  'Woodvale' is explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOX0FK1DW5U
  • Options
    Finally got my copies of Folklore. Went ahead and got all 8 cover variations.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Jimmy Kimmel, "folklore" has three syllables??? What's the third syllable?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,932
    Fo-lk-lore
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 803
    Great Apple Music interview. https://youtu.be/CQacWbsLbS4
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Lol. 

I've missed out buying because I as so worried which one to pick and then I missed the end date. Now looking at the "normal edition" it's as expensive or more than if I just would have bought one of those 8.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    MedozK said:
    Lol. 

I've missed out buying because I as so worried which one to pick and then I missed the end date. Now looking at the "normal edition" it's as expensive or more than if I just would have bought one of those 8.
    They seem to have most or all the colored variants still available at her site. 
  • Options
    Anyone have thoughts on what else she may do vinyl wise, such as a possible folklore/evermore box set down the road? Also, I might possibly even like the longpond studio sessions version of folklore better than the original, any chance she'd release that?
  • Options
    I think anything is possible because this is all uncharted territory for her, but I think a box set probably won’t happen. 

A long Pond release? Possibly for an RSD, sure. 
  • Options
    marjen said:
    MedozK said:
    Lol. 

Just the US store. The Euro store is sold out. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    Anyone have thoughts on what else she may do vinyl wise, such as a possible folklore/evermore box set down the road? Also, I might possibly even like the longpond studio sessions version of folklore better than the original, any chance she'd release that?
    Well she is currently re-recording all of her albums so I expect her to release all of them on vinyl and based on her recent ones probably color versions. Wouldn’t be surprised if she maybe packages them all up in some sort of set. 

I currently have red, speak now and Taylor swift on vinyl but not buying anymore of the old ones until the re-recorded versions come out so her old company doesn’t reap the benefits. 
  • Options
    marjen said:
    MedozK said:
    Lol. 

oh... I thought it was a preorder deadline... Will look it up!
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    @MedozK any issues with any of these? I finally am getting around to picking up a copy, and all my local Target's were out and apparently sold out online now as well. Most variants are still available on her site, but discogs shows people talking about certain issues on some color variants but not on others?
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    MedozK said:
    @MedozK any issues with any of these? I finally am getting around to picking up a copy, and all my local Target's were out and apparently sold out online now as well. Most variants are still available on her site, but discogs shows people talking about certain issues on some color variants but not on others?
    I actually only opened the Target version. Nice pressing, not sure on the others, sorry.
  • Options
    So Taylor just released her version of Red today, 30 songs strong. After folklore/Evermore this is my favorite album from her. All too well is one of the best songs ever by any artist. Just a masterpiece of songwriting. Yes I said this as a 49 yr old straight male in a Pearl Jam forum :D

I have always loved this album and this new version is Red on steroids. Cant wait to receive the vinyl version. But this atmos version on Apple Music is amazing,

While I am here, this is my pecking order of Taylor albums. And here’s to hoping she tours next year so her once years ago with my daughter before I really liked her music and would love to see a lot of the new stuff live,

1. Folklore
    2. Evermore
    3. Red
    4. Fearless
    5. Lover
    6. Taylor Swift
    7. 1984
    7. Reputation0  
  • Options
    Pretty incredible to witness this moment, how long has she been making music?  Since 2007/2008?  And she's arguably more respected and popular now and she was HUGE back then.  She's a legend.  Period.  Not sure if the re-recorded albums come near the originals, which are amazing as is, but its amazing to see someone like her do what she does and her interactions with fans.  She's arguably as famous as any person ever has been, and things were more personal and one on one back in the early days, but you'd be hard pressed to find an artist at her level who is as dedicated to her fanbase as she is.  I agree totally about All Too Well, its one of the greatest songs ever written, its a song they will talk about in 50 years alongside the music we all recognize as legendary and classic and essential.    Another thing I love about her whole operation is that its just FUN.  The music and lyrics may be serious and discuss emotional intense relationships but being a swiftie is about fun.  Listened to the entire dischography again, from debut to RedTV the past few days and what a catalogue!  I agree about seeing her tour.  Will be interesting to see how it takes shape, as she never toured Lover, so thats arguably 5 albums of stuff, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, Fearless TV, and Red TV (includes the vault stuff on both albums).   Im curious how Folklore and Evermore would translate on the live stage, and at this point lets be honest, she aint playing small dive bars, she plays STADIUMS, like the 02 or something.  80,000 plus.  I dont know how you translate the intimacy of those two albums to that sort of atmosphere.  Did you check out the Short Film of All Too Well 10 minute version?  Taylor is someone at the top of their creative game, literally one of the most famous people thats ever lived, and she continues to put out amazing work.  Its a sight to behold.  Cant wait to see what the next re-record is and where she goes from Evermore.  
  • Options
    Pretty incredible to witness this moment, how long has she been making music?  Since 2007/2008?  And she's arguably more respected and popular now and she was HUGE back then. She's a legend.  Period.  Not sure if the re-recorded albums come near the originals, which are amazing as is, but its amazing to see someone like her do what she does and her interactions with fans.  She's arguably as famous as any person ever has been, and things were more personal and one on one back in the early days, but you'd be hard pressed to find an artist at her level who is as dedicated to her fanbase as she is.  

I agree totally about All Too Well, its one of the greatest songs ever written, its a song they will talk about in 50 years alongside the music we all recognize as legendary and classic and essential.    

Another thing I love about her whole operation is that its just FUN.  The music and lyrics may be serious and discuss emotional intense relationships but being a swiftie is about fun.  Listened to the entire dischography again, from debut to RedTV the past few days and what a catalogue!  

I agree about seeing her tour.  Will be interesting to see how it takes shape, as she never toured Lover, so thats arguably 5 albums of stuff, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, Fearless TV, and Red TV (includes the vault stuff on both albums).   Im curious how Folklore and Evermore would translate on the live stage, and at this point lets be honest, she aint playing small dive bars, she plays STADIUMS, like the 02 or something.  80,000 plus.  I dont know how you translate the intimacy of those two albums to that sort of atmosphere.  

Did you check out the Short Film of All Too Well 10 minute version?  Taylor is someone at the top of their creative game, literally one of the most famous people thats ever lived, and she continues to put out amazing work.  Its a sight to behold.  Cant wait to see what the next re-record is and where she goes from Evermore.  

FTFY
  • Options
    My ranking of her LPs

1. Folklore
    2. Red
    3. 1989
    4. Evermore
    5. Reputation
    6. Lover
    7. Speak Now
    8. Fearless
    9. Taylor Swift

Honestly I could interchange Lover and Speak Now (Maybe even Red and 1989). Depends on the Day. If anything I think everything from Speak Now on is stellar. I'm meh on her first 2 records. 
  • Options
    marjen said:
    So Taylor just released her version of Red today, 30 songs strong. After folklore/Evermore this is my favorite album from her. All too well is one of the best songs ever by any artist. Just a masterpiece of songwriting. Yes I said this as a 49 yr old straight male in a Pearl Jam forum :D

Don't feel shame. The people who feel shame should be the rockists who think rock is the only legitimate form of music. 

Whats nice about the 21st century is you can like anything and everything in any demographic. Nothing is just for one subset of people. The sooner we can get over that Hip Hop isn't a legit form of music, or pop is for 14 year old girls and gay men, the more fun we can all have. 

T.S. is flat out one of the best and biggest artists of our time and we should feel blessed that we are bearing witness to this. 
  • Options
    And definitely take your kids if she tours. I took 2 of mine to the Rep tour and it was the best show I saw that year. Broadway meets big pop meets Disney stage show rolled into a stadium concert. The Stones and U2 wish they could kill it like that still.
  • Options
    If she tours next year, I'm willing to bet she'll have a new record and she'll tour that, but she likes to have a C stage where she plays 2-3 acoustic songs. I bet she does that twice a show and pulls out the folklore/evermore stuff. 
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited November 2021
    Love PJ, but I feel like Taylor is doing way more amazing things in 2021 and beyond than Ed and the boys, sad as that is today.  Totally agree that life is too short to deny you like her music.  And its been fun to see Folklore/Evermore get love from the more prestigious music hipster press, so now everyone likes her music, which is great.  As I said in that thread about rock music not long ago, THIS is what kids today are listening to.  Its what teens and beyond are listening to.  EVERYONE is listening to her music.  

While I miss rock music, she makes music thats way more interesting than most rock bands, and now has support of Bon Iver and The National among others.  Her fan interaction and constantly providing for the fans, her musical exploration and going beyond her comfort zone, making important music.  She's 15 plus years into her career and making some of the most important pop, scratch that, making just plain some of the most important music around.  Her music is anything but stale.  As I said I re-listened to all 12-13 plus albums in her catalogue again the last few days, and its ALL amazing.  

The growth from Our Song and Tim McGraw to Evermore and Folklore and beyond is astounding however I grew up being a fan, so debut, Fearless, and Speak Now are pretty incredible to me still.  Also check out the songs she did with Big Red Machine as well.  

Everyone who works with her always speaks about how down to earth she is despite of her stature and fame, Aaron mentioned this, and I think Matt Berninger did as well.  Theres a reason for that.  

BIG Taylor fan here and can't wait to see whats next.  As stated above she's a legend.  And I mean that in every sense of the word.  Dont think I'd put her above any of these artists but she's in the conversation, and we could name maybe 1 or 2 other people in the last 20-30 years who would join her along the pantheon of legends like Paul, John, Hendrix, Dylan etc...  She's there, maybe not their equal yet, but she's right there.  Some of us were there since Our Song and the slamming screen door and its been a wild and crazy ride.  
    Post edited by musicismylife78 on
  • Options
    marjen said:

Don't feel shame. The people who feel shame should be the rockists who think rock is the only legitimate form of music. 

Whats nice about the 21st century is you can like anything and everything in any demographic. Nothing is just for one subset of people. The sooner we can get over that Hip Hop isn't a legit form of music, or pop is for 14 year old girls and gay men, the more fun we can all have. 

T.S. is flat out one of the best and biggest artists of our time and we should feel blessed that we are bearing witness to this. 
    without a doubt
  • Options
    My ranking of her LPs

1. Folklore
    2. Red
    3. 1989
    4. Evermore
    5. Reputation
    6. Lover
    7. Speak Now
    8. Fearless
    9. Taylor Swift

Honestly I could interchange Lover and Speak Now (Maybe even Red and 1989). Depends on the Day. If anything I think everything from Speak Now on is stellar. I'm meh on her first 2 records.

marjen said:

I have always loved this album and this new version is Red on steroids. Cant wait to receive the vinyl version. But this atmos version on Apple Music is amazing,

While I am here, this is my pecking order of Taylor albums. And here’s to hoping she tours next year so her once years ago with my daughter before I really liked her music and would love to see a lot of the new stuff live,

1. Folklore
    2. Evermore
    3. Red
    4. Fearless
    5. Lover
    6. Taylor Swift
    7. 1984
    7. Reputation0

Both of you have her first few near the bottom of the list.  I think you could legitimately put Red as number one.  And Fearless and Speak now in the top 5.  Debut isnt the best of all time, but I love it.