Pearl Jam & Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Host A Virtual Fundraiser Dec 16th

2»

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    ontheroad said:
    Would love a recap.
    Zod said:
    I don't suppose there's a way to watch it after the fact?

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Lin-Manuel's my hero, Pearl Jam's my band, I thoroughly enjoyed that. It felt like they were just warming up when it got cut.
    Stone, Mike and (especially) Jeff didn't say much; Jeff literally said nothing till the very end. Matt said nothing whatsoever, though in fairness to him, he wasn't there. The band was introduced to LMM through his father, Luis (who's also awesome - check out the doc Siempre, Luis). Half-questions about the artistic process, half-questions about activism in art; the latter focussed around the sense of obligation to speak out and what happens when your activism upsets your fans.

Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    NWOntario said:
    Lin-Manuel's my hero, Pearl Jam's my band, I thoroughly enjoyed that. It felt like they were just warming up when it got cut.
    Stone, Mike and (especially) Jeff didn't say much; Jeff literally said nothing till the very end. Matt said nothing whatsoever, though in fairness to him, he wasn't there. The band was introduced to LMM through his father, Luis (who's also awesome - check out the doc Siempre, Luis). Half-questions about the artistic process, half-questions about activism in art; the latter focussed around the sense of obligation to speak out and what happens when your activism upsets your fans.

Thank you! I completely forgot about the event last night too 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    NWOntario said:

Loved that doc, caught it last month.  Luis is a badass.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    Going to close this now. Please respect topic integrity. You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum. :) Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.