So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited April 2021
    I find it quite interesting that one of the most outraged people about this keeps telling everyone else to relax. 

alrighty. 

I don't think sending out the singles finally really requires an "official statement". that literally made me laugh. i hope you were kidding. 
    I think the band should hold a press conference, apologize and explain the reason for the delay.  Or maybe have Oprah do some sort of interview.   
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    I find it quite interesting that one of the most outraged people about this keeps telling everyone else to relax. 

alrighty. 

I don't think sending out the singles finally really requires an "official statement". that literally made me laugh. i hope you were kidding. 
    I think the band should hold a press conference, apologize and explain the reason for the delay.  Or maybe have Oprah do some sort of interview.   
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651

alrighty. 

Per my previous statement I will have no future comment as I am clearly outraged. On a side note, please learn the correct meaning of outraged and read my previous posts. Thank you and god bless you.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Where does this one rank in longest running thread? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Where does this one rank in longest running thread? 
    I think it’s 4 years old? Is that the longest or is 2006 thread regarding Big Bold and Free still going?

alrighty. 

Per my previous statement I will have no future comment as I am clearly outraged. On a side note, please learn the correct meaning of outraged and read my previous posts. Thank you and god bless you.
    is this your official statement? 

lol enjoy your singles. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    These songs will be super cool to spin. Looking forward to that day, whenever that may be. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    These songs will be super cool to spin. Looking forward to that day, whenever that may be. 
    me too. my collection will finally be complete. i'm actually quite stunned that they are being sent out. i honestly didn't see this coming. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wildflowers was worth any wait.  

Love that they surprise shipped them.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325

Same. :)
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Next step is to watch for the couple of people who have been freaking out about this for the last 4 years to casually list "Entire Fanclub Single Collection" on ebay.

Can nearly put a lock on at least one of them going up and being tied to this endless rattle shaking. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Yeah sounds like we will never hear what happened to cause a 4 year delay or whatever. Think the mystery of the missing singles became bigger than getting them.

A few people seem excited but think they managed to lose my interest as to what was actually in these.
    PB11041 said:
    Next step is to watch for the couple of people who have been freaking out about this for the last 4 years to casually list "Entire Fanclub Single Collection" on ebay.

Can nearly put a lock on at least one of them going up and being tied to this endless rattle shaking. 
    oh i'm sure there will be a bunch going up in the next couple months. guaranteed. 

NOT MINE. I'M IN FOR THE LONG HAULTS MAUL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    Now that this has finally been resolved, when can we expect the "So how about those Marucci Home Show Bats?" thread....sorry couldn't resist - and yes, I know they are shipping soon...
    PB11041 said:

oh i'm sure there will be a bunch going up in the next couple months. guaranteed. 

Ahem ...What do we think a full set minus the Angel and R.E.M variants would go for.
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    on2legs said:
    I think the OP should edit the title of this thread and add an exclamation point and then it can become a positive thread...

So how about those fan club singles!

=)

I'll do that when mine arrive lol
    I kind of regret making this thread as it made some pretty ugly shit rise to the surface. But I guess that's typical human behavior.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    on2legs said:
    I think the OP should edit the title of this thread and add an exclamation point and then it can become a positive thread...

=)

I kind of regret making this thread as it made some pretty ugly shit rise to the surface. But I guess that's typical human behavior.
    Nice =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Thanks 10c.  These look great, very excited.  (Not sure if it’s worth a multi year wait, but) I’m glad to finally have them in hand!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

Ahem ...What do we think a full set minus the Angel and R.E.M variants would go for.
    zero clue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Now, I just wonder how long it will be before I get mine in the mail.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Oh fuck.  I moved the 7th.  They hadn’t arrived yet, I updated my USPS forwarding address and didn’t update my shipping address until today.  Hopefully the USPS forwards these to the new place or I really will be out my $40...
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 402
    Anyone know if they shipped all of these or there in the process of shipping them a little at a time 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Received mine on Monday.
    Flavafraz said:
    Anyone know if they shipped all of these or there in the process of shipping them a little at a time 
    Who knows, this has to be a logistical nightmare. Shipping items that were sold 4 years ago, to people that may not even exist anymore.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    The last fan club singles will forever be known as the Easter singles.

That's when I got my first (Reach Down) single. A few years after that, they'd regularly come in July or August. I remember hearing stories of records being left outside in hot temperatures and being unplayable.

Timeline:
    August 2006..  deadline for that year's record.
    October 2006...someone signs up.
    July 2007... 2006 record sent. (And the confusion from that person because they signed up after the deadline.)

May 2008... The 2007 record received by someone who paid before the deadline in 2007 when they signed up in October 2006.

I'm just glad those days are done. That was a nightmare to explain to people. Now we have to explain about needing to check emails for codes so that people get their shirts they paid for. "I never got anything for my 2018 membership."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    FR181798 said:
    Maybe pressing vinyl in house is linked to whatever future plans they have for analog members. Anyone got an indication where these were pressed yet?

It was explained in an email last year that these are in-house. Unfortunately, it seems that pressing them in-house doesn't mean they'll resume. (I'm also guessing the band ran out of interest. Also, the resurrection of vinyl in general means the band doesn't have to harken back to the vinyl days.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    on2legs said:

=)

Nah don’t regret nothing. This thread is great! That one groove at time still makes me laugh....And hell this whole thing may have even helped us by reminding 10C to move their ass!
    MedozK said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Who knows, this has to be a logistical nightmare. Shipping items that were sold 4 years ago, to people that may not even exist anymore.
    If there is one person who will be able to determine where these were made Im putting my money on you. Please post your thoughts, Ive never checked discogs yet and Im in the UK so will be waiting a while on mine.
    edited April 2021
    FR181798 said:
    MedozK said:
    Flavafraz said:
    If there is one person who will be able to determine where these were made Im putting my money on you. Please post your thoughts, Ive never checked discogs yet and Im in the UK so will be waiting a while on mine.
    I haven't received mine yet, but the runout information is already on Discogs. They were both pressed by Cascade Record Pressing in Oregon. The plates were pressed in 2019. Both were cut at Black Belt Mastering in Seattle by Levi Seitz. The only real difference in the two was the EV single was mastered by RTI
    Post edited by MedozK on