Howard Stern talking about Pearl Jam and Apollo this morning.

2»

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,102
    Baba boey was on the floor at one of the LA 2013 shows

I had to do a double take 🤣 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Baba boey was on the floor at one of the LA 2013 shows

I had to do a double take 🤣 

If he's a fuh-fuh fan, then I wonder if he's heard the Wrigley 2018 show...or was it the 2016 show? Either way.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,742
    Still could do it, phone, whatever. He'd lay some heat on, ev would squirm and chuckle and we would listen intently.

Da da dooooit.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,267
    If only it was the band and they could do what Metallica did where they performed together at their own studio. But I guess it's not safe. Unless it's just Eddie by himself 
    I miss igotid88
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,549
    Kimmel is on today and they were talking about it. Jimmy said he knows Ed a little and knows he’s a big Stern fan and was looking forward to it. 

It’ll happen assuming Howard signs a new contract this year. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    He'll sign...he needs it more than we do
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    Lostpawn said:
    I always thought it was Firmest Path. Huh. 

Same.  My roommate in college sang, "I'll take the furnace back" so I named a PJ mixtape as such.  Still one of my favorite interpretations of a lyric.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,549
    He'll sign...he needs it more than we do
    agreed.  he'd be even more miserable without something to do for 9 days a month!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    Kimmel is on today and they were talking about it. Jimmy said he knows Ed a little and knows he’s a big Stern fan and was looking forward to it. 

Jimble Kimble said that? I am assuming Ed is a fan of the new "evolved" Stern. It will be some really dull radio. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited September 2020
    ComeToTX said:

Jimble Kimble said that? I am assuming Ed is a fan of the new "evolved" Stern. It will be some really dull radio. 

The evolved Stern is definitely a star f-er, and not half as edgy as he used to be.

OTOH, he does his homework before interviewing people, and it shows / pays off. I would love to hear him interview Ed.

I guarantee it would be way more interesting than the Bill Simmons podcast a few months ago... that guy's a joke.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • I would be interested to see how Ed reacts to Stern's rapid fire demeanor when it comes to how he asks questions and is already off to the next question before the answer to the previous one lol
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,432
    I am not sure what changed but I was under the impression that Pearl Jam stayed away from the Stern show, at least in the 1990's.  Maybe Kelly Curtis and Gary are friends and worked something out?
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I would be interested to see how Ed reacts to Stern's rapid fire demeanor when it comes to how he asks questions and is already off to the next question before the answer to the previous one lol
    This gets worse the more hyped Howard is. I get so frustrated, the celeb has 8 seconds to start answering before Howard kills it with “hey did you get laid a lot in high school, what was that like?”

in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat