Options

Brandi Carlile Sings with Soundgarden

Comments

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647
    This is really good!  I want to give my needle a rest though because I’ve been spinning it constantly.  Does anyone know if there will be a digital version anytime soon?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Release the digital hounds! 

(Please?)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:

(Please?)
    +1
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Bump - really need a rip job on this - really want to hear it!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    JimmyV said:

(Please?)
    Agreed!
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    Was excited to find this at a local shop yesterday but was priced at $42 CAD!!! That's insane for two songs. Had to pass. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    halv said:
    Was excited to find this at a local shop yesterday but was priced at $42 CAD!!! That's insane for two songs. Had to pass. 
    Yah, I paid about that to import one via mail from the US.

It was weird.  When I was shopping around for one online.   I saw a few places (mostly sold out) that were selling them for 12.99 to 14.99 USD.   Then pretty much everywhere else was selling them for 40usd.  Surely RSD doesn't have two tiered pricing, so it much be gouging?

I think I ended up pay about what you saw in your local store, but that was my cost of importing it to Canada from the US with rather pricey shipping.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    Zod said:
    halv said:
    Yah, I paid about that to import one via mail from the US.

It was weird.  When I was shopping around for one online.   I saw a few places (mostly sold out) that were selling them for 12.99 to 14.99 USD.   Then pretty much everywhere else was selling them for 40usd.  Surely RSD doesn't have two tiered pricing, so it much be gouging?

I think I ended up pay about what you saw in your local store, but that was my cost of importing it to Canada from the US with rather pricey shipping.
    I wouldn't pay 40 bucks but honestly can't begrudge any small business like a record store getting whatever they can right now. If that's what it's going for on the secondary, I'd rather see that money going to a shop vs. someone flipping it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    halv said:

Same. $42 plus taxes is too much for just 2 songs for a RSD title. 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 696
    Glad to see people feeling the same about the price in Canada. This was 39.99 Canadian at a shop in Calgary. Had to pass. 
  • Options
    Why does this cost, roughly, four million dollars here in Sweden?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I get that we want to help record stores and I'm glad that we do but releasing music ONLY on limited edition vinyl is dumb. The only copies left are being sold and resold for exorbitant prices. Time to release the digital hounds!

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647
    Both songs are up on YouTube now if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    mvw said:
    Both songs are up on YouTube now if anyone is interested.
    Awesome, thanks. 

• Options
    It's available as hell here in Sweden... Saw atleast 10 copies...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    edited October 2020
    These two songs sound like pure FIRE!!!! @on2legs

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,437

Okay, I'll bite. What's with the use of the word fire?  Have I aged out again?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,748
    I don't think fire was ever hot
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    KV4053 said:

Okay, I'll bite. What's with the use of the word fire?  Have I aged out again?
    When I see it written that way I hear the chorus of Fire Woman
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    I like how Matt's sounding in both recordings. And Brandi's vocals are always top-notch!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I hope they do something like this with Taylor Momsen.   Her cover of Half Way There was brilliant, and she has the right kind of voice for this.  If NUDEDRAGONS ever did shows or released new music, would you rather see them with Brandi, Taylor, or both?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    PSUS2H said: If NUDEDRAGONS ever did shows or released new music, would you rather see them with Brandi, Taylor, or both?
    That's a good poll right there! :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,105
    Holy shit. I wasn’t expecting much, but I finally got around listening to my vinyl of this tonight. Brandi killed these songs! Wow! So damn good! If they wanted to do a farewell tour with her singing, I’d go!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    edited October 2020
    Back in stock at Easy Street for those that had orders cancelled. Check your email for link.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Travelar said:
    Back in stock at Easy Street for those that had orders cancelled. Check your email for link.
    Yup! Can’t wait to listen to this!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com