"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• SB117186SB117186 Posts: 334
    Eugene said:
    You could be a Green Day fan and have to deal with their new songs. Yikes 
    +1!
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 334
    D-Rod said:
    This song needs more cowbells 
    Cowbells are like bacon, everything is better with it!
  • My take after 5 or 6 listens. I like it. While there are tinges of backspacer for sure, I'm also hearing a lot of avocado in there too.

1. I like the constant forward momentum throughout the song...very WWS to me. They let up a bit for the la la la's and "stunner" parts.
    2. I like how each verse transitions from the intro riff to the main riff, it's like shifting gears. In the past these transitions could be a bit awkward...not here...speaking as a musician it'd be a fun song to play.
    4. Mike's solo, and what the band is playing in the background is probably my favorite part at the moment. I don't get the "doesn't fit in" comments. It's hard panned to the left with some heavy echoing in the right...atmos will do it justice I'm sure.
    4. The build up coming out of the solo is great. Lot's of extra stuff is happening in the background.
    3. I can't seem to turn it up loud enough...Listening through good headphones on Tidal's "Master" quality is awesome. The production is next level. 

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

• slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by slobberdog68 on
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Listened a few more times.  It’s like Johnny guitar married a hair band or something and this happened.  Forgettable for sure, I imagine josh Evans like “well this one really got away from us, but they seem to be having fun, whatever the fuck it is,” as he face palms during focus on my focusing or whatever’s going on there. Definitely the pilate to given to fly.  Now I have one more song I’ll be in the bathroom during, but that’s all good, with all the beer breaks I’ll need a super blood wolf moon to take away my pee soon.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    I like it! Killer solo from Mike, Eddie has a nice growl to his voice, overall a solid 7/10
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Liked it more than i thought i would from the snip, bit nowhere near as good as DotC. Imo of course.
  • SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    edited February 2020
    sl13145 said:
    What the hell is that.. Ive waited years for new songs and this is what Im getting.. This song is trash.. Can i sell my Baltimore tickets..
    Embarrassed lifer PJ Fan... 
    And you probably think Sirens is a good song.
    Post edited by SpokenJeremy on
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It must kind of suck to wait 7 years and then not like either of the new songs. Can't say there's much hope in the album if that's where anyone is at. Glad I'm happy with both. These first 2 are better than the last few albums singles by far.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    sl13145 said:
    What the hell is that.. Ive waited years for new songs and this is what Im getting.. This song is trash.. Can i sell my Baltimore tickets..
    Sirens is a good song. I just don't want to hear it live.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Digging the tune..always have to give music multiple months to digest and morph before making a final decision This is the kind of new PJ I was hoping for. Sounds like a natural evolution of their sound.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    sl13145 said:
    Lol
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    It set off one of my anxiety attacks. 
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    Eugene said:
    You could be a Green Day fan and have to deal with their new songs. Yikes 
    Agreed!  That new album is pretty bad!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    sl13145 said:
    Sirens is a great song 
    I miss igotid88
  • Sounds like a Backspacer B side. 

Which if you like backspacer, is probably a good thing. 
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    Sounds like a Backspacer B side. 

Which if you like backspacer, is probably a good thing. 
    Lol if this were released as a B side everybody would be talking about how great it is and it should be on an album!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Sounds decent in a compressed digital file but how good a song really is will be determined when the record is on my turntable and heard through my Vandersteens.

Can’t wait to pick up that new disc and spin it! 

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    Listened once, meh.   However, I did find myself humming the tune later.  But will still say, it's not my kind of PJ song, reminds me of other PJ songs that I refer to as "meh."  To each their own.  
  • Meh is the stupidest word ever
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I like the mix.  Even on an iPhone Eddie’s voice tracks on this song sound really cool within the songs. 
  • GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Reminded me of "One Thing Leads to Another" by the Fixx.  My wife said the same thing when she listened to it.
  • epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 642
    sl13145 said:
    yes! I will buy you tickets 
  • This song is fucking nonsense on first listen.  Will take many more though until I actually form an opinion.
    And yet you feel compelled to burp out your first thoughts and regale us all with a nothing burger response. Congratulations. 
  • After reading comments here and mostly in the red mosquito forum, I was worried about hearing this for the first time.  I’ve seen words like “embarrassing” and “cringey”...

I haven’t been a huge fan of the sound they’ve settled into for past few albums.  But I really like DotC, and then SBWM hooked me on first listen and it’s only getting better with each listen.

I actually think Eddie sounds pretty good here.  Yeah, a bit wordy but I think it works in this song.  Wish I could understand what he’s saying though.

I’ve seen a lot of comparisons, but this sounds different to me.  I think it’s closest to that Yield sound

I’m excited for the album.  I’m 2/2 so far and I’m just happy these guys are still playing.
    6-29-98 Chicago, 10-9-00 Chicago, 4-23-03 Champaign, 6-18-03 Chicago, 7-1-03 Bristow, 10-1-04 Reading, 10-11-04 DC, 9-30-05 Atlantic City, 5-30-06 DC, 6-17-08 VA Beach, 8-17-08 DC (Ed), 6-15-09 Baltimore (Ed), 5-13-10 Bristow, 10-29-13 Charlottesville, 4-18-16 Hampton
  • Love this new tune.  The more I play it, the louder I play, the more I want to play it more.  Can't wait to see it live -- it's a song you can't sit still while listening to.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Who is asking for Better Man 2?   
    soccer moms 
    Song sucks.
     I want more Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, Fatal, G2F, Whipping, Immortality, Life Wasted, In My Tree, In Hiding, Off He Goes, Long Road ....I could go on (but I won't)
    Signed, 
    fan from the beginning and a soccer mom.
    I can just imagine Ed saying, “Hey Stone! I want to write the fourth set of lyrics to that demo riff called Troubled Times you came up with about 3 decades ago. Soccer moms seem to like it”. 
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i'm not feeling this album so far. this new single not doing it for me yet.
  • Love it