Options

2019 Black Friday RSD

So I just spoke with my local RS Guy. To get a feeling of whether he knows how many ‘Unplugged’ copies he’ll be receiving. He said he ordered dozens, but part of RSD is that they don’t actually know what they’re going to receive until the shipment arrives. 

Anyone in the know, know if this is the case? 

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It is. They can order 100 but only receive 4. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Thanks a bunch. Thought it strange, but also figured he wouldn’t lie. Knowledge is food! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    deadendp said:
    It is. They can order 100 but only receive 4. 
    It's true but for some big named record stores they get alot more. Easy Street Records will get at least 800 copies in store. 
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Thanks @demetrios
  • Options
    Not sure why people are concerned about this. This is going to be over flooding the market following RSD. I plan on getting it under cost when shops can’t unload them.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Not sure why people are concerned about this. This is going to be over flooding the market following RSD. I plan on getting it under cost when shops can’t unload them.
    Good plan! After the disaster of last RSD, I will always just acquire my own copy. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    Yeah, I'm a year 1 RSD buyer, this is a crazy amount and won't be tough to get. Seriously. If it is, there's a backlog at a distributor, many will surface later.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    edited November 2019
    Sealed copies of Easy Street trade at $25 on discogs and they pressed much fewer of those IIRC. Don’t sweat this one, if you want it you’ll be able to get it. 
  • Options

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    edited November 2019
    tdawe said:
    Sealed copies of Easy Street trade at $25 on discogs and they pressed much fewer of those IIRC. Don’t sweat this one, if you want it you’ll be able to get it. 
    Easy Street is still available in the 10C shop for $30. Before they made it available, it was harder to get and the price was way higher.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    So what is on everyone's shopping list besides Pearl Jam?  I'm gonna try for Blind Willie, Geddy Lee, & Saturday Morning Cartoons and hope that Steep Canyon Rangers makes its way up to Maryland for a buddy of mine.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    So what is on everyone's shopping list besides Pearl Jam?  I'm gonna try for Blind Willie, Geddy Lee, & Saturday Morning Cartoons and hope that Steep Canyon Rangers makes its way up to Maryland for a buddy of mine.
    Not a lot that is calling my name this year. Will prolly just pick up a couple impulse buys. Will just hang out, and dig through the used bins.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    MedozK said:
    Not a lot that is calling my name this year. Will prolly just pick up a couple impulse buys. Will just hang out, and dig through the used bins.
    Yeah I won't be heartbroken if I miss out on anything. Besides PJ of course.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Really after Paul Westerberg.  Hope i can get one.  

Im not even worried about Unplugged.  That will be plentiful. 
  • Options
    PJ, Jeff Buckley, and Arcade Fire for me. Only one I'm slightly concerned about being able to get is the Jeff Buckley.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,600
    eboweddie said:

I'm not sure how this is relevant in this thread?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,143
    Phish
    frog brigade
    pj
    phish
    phish
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Leave a...for me. I dont want to say, just in case one of you is ahead of me and grabs the last one.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2019
    My local store said they have 65 on hand... in freaking Virginia Beach. Guess I don't have to set an alarm on Friday.