Pearl Jam's Gigaton

Comments

• demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 
    If the Golden Globes can go all plantbased. Then Pearl Jam should be able to also for some PR event.

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,333
    Mach II
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Call me ignorant, but what is Mach 11? And regarding the lenghts of songs, really tellls sme, that this record is a  monster on its own . That is the biggest opening song we ever had on an album. Ever.  (Not counting Long Road-  which was from an EP) It seems they came out  of their comfort zone that plagued BS and LB - which are still excellent albums.nu themselves. Any rock band would be happy to make a record like that
     But we all knew PJ could do more. It was like they  were on autopilot. By standing outside their comfortzone, they reinvented  themsevles (which is good ; every artist needs to do that). Still havent heard the album, but there are signs that points tto that Direction, I am stoked.
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 
    If the Golden Globes can go all plantbased. Then Pearl Jam should be able to also for some PR event.

Disappointing. 
    Have you seen the carbon footprint for a bottle of  tequila ?

its up there with vinyl, cds , concerts, websites, breathing ...
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,871
    edited January 2020
    eboweddie said:

Posting stuff from alternative nation? In the words of Joe Biden:

Excited about the Dublin show though. 2021 is so far away though :/ Hoping for a great, pristine home video release in 4K.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2020
    Tjm007 said:
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    Have you seen the carbon footprint for a bottle of  tequila ?
    No.

But very hip of you to reach back all the way to the Soviet Union instead of just getting it. 

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.[1][2][3] It is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    You’re disappointed because cheeseburgers were served at a member of a rock n roll bands private listening party?  
  • demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    You’re disappointed because cheeseburgers were served at a member of a rock n roll bands private listening party?  
    Yes.

And i would put some ":s around the word "private"
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    Yes.

Hahaha, this sounds like a joke.  How on earth can you be disappointed by the food choice at an event you aren't even at.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    Yes.

Ok. I got nothing. It’s mind blowing to me what people nitpick at in our current society. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,162
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,363
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I‘m no marketing expert but they could have used that video straight away
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:
    Yes!
    D, thanks for sharing :rock_on:
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Maybe the dropped the first one without the band to try and put the focus on the message of the visuals/save the whales and all that...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,333
    JPPJ84 said:
    My guess is that the production company came up with a few different versions. One without the band, and one with the band.  I'm guessing they liked both.  Some of the amazing photography is highlighted in the one without the band, so it gives the artists some exposure.  And then using the one with the band to make it more Pearl Jammy.   
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Niiiice   =)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

Pearl Jam “Dance Of The Clairvoyants” – available everywhere now: https://pearljam.lnk.to/DOTCYD

►Pre-order the “Gigaton” album now: https://pearljam.lnk.to/gigatonYD

►Get tickets here: https://pearljam.com/tour

►Subscribe for more content from Pearl Jam: https://pearljam.lnk.to/subscribeYD

►Connect with Pearl Jam:
    https://www.instagram.com/pearljam
    https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam
    https://twitter.com/PearlJam
    https://pearljam.com

Produced by: Evolve Studios (www.evolve.studio)
    Executive Produced by: Tim Bierman, Joel Edwards
    Studio Director: Ryan Cory
    Studio Director of Photography: Derek Klein, Ryan Cory
    Studio Crew: Ryne Hill, Eric Finlon, Matt Michel
    Studio Grip: Jay Rinehart

Olympic Studios Seattle

Audio Engineer: John Burton
    Backline Technicians: Neil Hundt, George Webb
    Stylist: Tammy Baker
    Production Assistant: Kevin Shuss

Edited by: Seth Evans
    Produced by: Joseph Bastien
    Lead VFX by: Ryan Trommer
    Footage by: Filmsupply (www.filmsupply.com)
    Cinematography by: Evolve, Kendall Rittenour, Aaron Seldon, Joel Edwards, Jesse Edwards, Stephen Johnson, Nick Midwig, Dustin Farrell, Enrique Pacheco, Joseph Large, Mike lbinski, Tomi Rantanen, Tyler McGrath, Brooklyn Aerials, Elevation Film, Variable, Sypher

►”Dance Of The Clairvoyants” Lyrics:

Confusion is...to commotion
    What love is...to our devotion
    Imperceptibly big, big as the ocean
    And equally hard to control
    So save your predictions
    And burn your assumptions
    Love is friction
    Ripe for comfort
    Endless equations
    And tugging persuasions
    Doors open up
    To interpretation
    Expecting perfection leaves a lot to ignore
    When the past is the present and the future’s no more
    When every tomorrow is the same as before
    The looser things get...the tighter you become
    The looser things get...tighter
    The solitary man...not greater than the sum
    That’s not a negative thought, I’m positive. Positive. Positive.
    Falling down...not staying down
    Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down
    Drown in the river
    Expectin’ perfection...etc.
    Numbers keep falling off the calendars floor
    Stuck in our boxes, windows open no more
    Collecting up the forget-me-nots
    Not recalling what they are for
    I’m in love with clairvoyants cause they’re out of this world

#PearlJam #DanceOfTheClairvoyants #Gigaton

Music video by Pearl Jam performing Dance Of The Clairvoyants (Mach II). © 2020 Monkeywrench, Inc., under exclusive license to Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

edited January 2020
    demetrios said:
    cheeseburgers, 

Disappointing. 
    I hope you are joking 
    why would I. 
    Yes.

Ok. I got nothing. It’s mind blowing to me what people nitpick at in our current society. 
    I'm certain there have been people being mindblown about this type of progress, considering them "nitpicks" when it comes to a lot of good changes in society which good people choose to be on the forefront of. 

"Stop nitpicking about people having meetings in beer halls in Munich Günther! It's blowing my weimar-republican mind!"

"Stop nitpicking about child corporal punishment laws Susan! It's blowing my belt-wielding mind!"

"Stop nitpicking about not eating meat Paul! It's blowing "3rd-or-4th best drummer in Beatles"-Ringos mind! And you guys are not even in The Beatles anymore!"

There is nothing bad or mindblowing about doing good. When the possibility is there to do so. 

Going plantbased for an event, when even The Golden Globe did it, - would be one opportunity to do good.

But sure, you do you. And keep getting your mind blown.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    My guess is that the production company came up with a few different versions. One without the band, and one with the band.  I'm guessing they liked both.  Some of the amazing photography is highlighted in the one without the band, so it gives the artists some exposure.  And then using the one with the band to make it more Pearl Jammy.   
    Yeah could be!
    edited January 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Yeah could be!
    Or, with Matt's instagram picture showing they recorded the "band part" relatively recently - maybe they would not make the date and then decided they would release a solely stock photo-version first. And have some extra time in the edit. 
    Kinda wished they released the video of Dance Of The Clairvoyants (Mach II) in 4K up on YouTube.
    edited January 2020
    demetrios said:
    Kinda wished they released the video of Dance Of The Clairvoyants (Mach II) in 4K up on YouTube.
    Maybe they are stuck with full HD (or 2K) because of the source material's resolution and the director didn't want to upscale it?