Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    There's no guarantee that the Lakers will be able to draft Bronny. Also, Sr has set it up so he can be a free agent and sign wherever Bronny is drafted.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    There's no guarantee that the Lakers will be able to draft Bronny. Also, Sr has set it up so he can be a free agent and sign wherever Bronny is drafted.
    Yes that is/was his plan all along though, to play w his son.

LBJ signs extension.  Lakers will draft lil Bron.  It's all part of the plan...
    But...is it a good one? I'm not so sure...
    If he can become a distributor like a Magic Johnson then yes, it will be good.  He can't score at will on everyone anymore but he is still upper tier.  I would love for him to play defense again.

He can't do it all by himself.  If Mr. Glass ever gets healthy for more than 10 games then the Lakers can compete.  AD does play some good D.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to see what happens if Bronny is drafted by a team in the lower third of the league. Would he really leave LA to play somewhere like OKC or Indiana? I could see him trying to force the GM to trade for his son, but I would hope the GM has the balls to do what's right for the team, not what's right for one player.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to see what happens if Bronny is drafted by a team in the lower third of the league. Would he really leave LA to play somewhere like OKC or Indiana? I could see him trying to force the GM to trade for his son, but I would hope the GM has the balls to do what's right for the team, not what's right for one player.
    So that would be like the Lnzo Ball situation all over again.  Not exactly but it reminds me of it.

And yes, I would hope the Lakers do the right thing.  I miss Jerry West.  He was a good GM.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    that sucks about Holmgren
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    that sucks about Holmgren
    Guarding LBJ on a fast break no less...
  • Options
    Pat Beverly to the Lakers.  Bevs and Westbrook just LOVE each other.  This should be an interesting season or Westbrook is getting traded.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    I like LeBron, but Bronny is just a ridiculous name.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Wobbie said:

He's LeBron Jr. Nickname is Bronny 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Wobbie said:

We know that.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Jumb0 said:
    Wobbie said:

We know that.
    But do you think Wobbie knows that?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Wobbie said:

We know that.
    But do you think Wobbie knows that?
    He literally commented on the post that mentions Bronny as his son so I hope so...
  • Options
    Rumor is Donovan Mitchell will be a Knick by end of today...
    I wrote this a few weeks ago and we are still getting all sorts of rumblings about it.  Mitchell will be a Knick.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    We need to change the title of the thread guys..
    2022-2023 season..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    We need to change the title of the thread guys..
    2022-2023 season..
    It will and we all need to make our Nets preseason predictions, lol.

I can't wait for what is coming.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I wrote this a few weeks ago and we are still getting all sorts of rumblings about it.  Mitchell will be a Knick.

About that....

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    Jumb0 said:

About that....

My first reaction: That looks like a good Trade for Utah.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Jumb0 said:

About that....

All depends on where those picks end up. NBA 1st rounders are really only super valuable when at least top 10, usually top 5. If Cleveland becomes a perennial playoff team and those picks are all in the 20's, it's a lousy trade for Utah. And Danny Ainge loves to hoard late 1st round picks and draft useless draft and stash guys.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

About that....

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  I knew I shouldn't rely on the same bunch of loons that thought LeBron or KD would actually come here to play.
  • Options
    gobert, mitchell, o’neale, niang, ingles….all gone.

I don’t trust or like danny ainge. he gets some leeway here in utah but for me he will always carry the stench of BYU.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I can't remember, did Mitchell formally request a trade? Or was it just implied that Utah better trade him so that they don't lose him for nothing at his next free agency time?
  • Options
    I can't remember, did Mitchell formally request a trade? Or was it just implied that Utah better trade him so that they don't lose him for nothing at his next free agency time?

he did not. he wanted gobert gone and that happened. he probably wasn't happy about quin snyder leaving but the trade thing was all ainge's doing. donovan was signed thru 2025-26.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Jumb0 said:

About that....

All depends on where those picks end up. NBA 1st rounders are really only super valuable when at least top 10, usually top 5. If Cleveland becomes a perennial playoff team and those picks are all in the 20's, it's a lousy trade for Utah. And Danny Ainge loves to hoard late 1st round picks and draft useless draft and stash guys.
    True, but with all of the First Round picks they have(Gobert Trade too) they can use in trades(either for establish players or to move up in the Draft).
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

he did not. he wanted gobert gone and that happened. he probably wasn't happy about quin snyder leaving but the trade thing was all ainge's doing. donovan was signed thru 2025-26.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Jumb0 said:

About that....

True, but with all of the First Round picks they have(Gobert Trade too) they can use in trades(either for establish players or to move up in the Draft).
    Yeah, but again as I mentioned, look at Danny Ainge's recent history. He hasn't moved his extra first rounders and they ended up far less valuable.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The notion of the US EVER losing an olympic game makes me cringe.  I wonder if this shows how/why we lost those previous games.
  • Options
    Ime Udoka being suspended for a year is one of the stupidest sports disciplinary actions I've ever seen. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com