2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:
    I'll watch zero seconds of All Star weekend.
    You sound like a good time!  Thanks for participating!!!
    I like a little competition with my sports. Every AS game is trash except for baseball. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I'll watch zero seconds of All Star weekend.
    You sound like a good time!  Thanks for participating!!!
    I like a little competition with my sports. Every AS game is trash except for baseball. 
    The game itself is absolute trash. I might watch a little of the 3pt contest though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Markele Fultz missed the damn backboard on the dunk competition...

That is a very Markele thing!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Aaron Gordon got screwed.  That was an amazing dunk contest tho
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Insane, I think the over the guy, alley oop, between the legs was very slightly the best but what a great contest. Seemed like the commentators were selling shutting it down for a few years. 

3 pt finish was nice too.

The telecast was an atrocity. The blond on court anchor seemed like a parody and the Dwayne Wade forced interactions were hilariously awkward, what a douche nozzle.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I agree  with the broadcasters, should have just been a tie fir the contest, both were great!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I don’t understand why the free throw jump deserves a fifty like the announcers were saying.  No twisting, ball between the legs, erc... Just a jump.

too many 50’s handed out.   Gotta leave room.  
    I don’t understand why the free throw jump deserves a fifty like the announcers were saying.  No twisting, ball between the legs, erc... Just a jump.

One foot inside the free throw line as well...
  • I don’t understand why the free throw jump deserves a fifty like the announcers were saying.  No twisting, ball between the legs, erc... Just a jump.

I think Barry is the only one to actually do it from behind the line.
  • Aaron Gordon got robbed.
    Anybody see the 360 from the freethrow line?

Something else I loved was the backboard tap and dunk by Connaughton.  His white men can't jump dunk was fun too.

I think Barry is the only one to actually do it from behind the line.
    Brent?   Man those were rough times
    Barry’s was the worst though. Just a 7’ white guy stretching with all his might to squeak it in. 

Dude’s last night had a windmill and was the smoothest looking by far. Looked like a freaking super hero gliding through the air.

Need to update the grading scale to something like 4 for creativity, 4 for execution and 2 bonus points for the overall. Once you miss a dunk, you shouldn’t be able to get a perfect score if you attempt the same thing again. Slight variations on the same dunk shouldn’t be rewarded more and more, even as the difficulty goes up. 
  • DewieCox said:
    Barry’s was the worst though. Just a 7’ white guy stretching with all his might to squeak it in. 

Dude’s last night had a windmill and was the smoothest looking by far. Looked like a freaking super hero gliding through the air.

Need to update the grading scale to something like 4 for creativity, 4 for execution and 2 bonus points for the overall. Once you miss a dunk, you shouldn’t be able to get a perfect score if you attempt the same thing again. Slight variations on the same dunk shouldn’t be rewarded more and more, even as the difficulty goes up. 
    When they do the same dunk switchstanced though I would still grade them high.  Doing a dunk the opposite way is pretty impressive.

Barry's dunk looked good though, y'all just hatin.
    edited February 2020
    I was a nationally ranked athlete.  At my peak i could dunk on a 10ft rim....jumping from one particular spot, wearing one certain pair of tennis shoes.  Lol.  It blows my mind how these guys can do these creative dunks.  Even being taller they’re still doing things in mid air thats unheard of.  Last night was insane. Dunking gets better and better throughout the years. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • I was a nationally ranked athlete.  At my peak i could dunk on a 10ft rim....jumping from one particular spot, wearing one certain pair of tennis shoes.  Lol.  It blows my mind how these guys can do these creative dunks.  Even being taller they’re still doing things in mid air thats unheard of.  Last night was insane. Dunking gets better and better throughout the years. 
    There were a few years where it got stale but this years was really friggin good.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    DewieCox said:

Gordon was robbed again, the off the back board one hand dunk was INCREDIBLE. Jones Jr also had some great dunks, so it's not like he was ordinary, but for me, Gordon was more inventice and creative, as he was against Lavine.

The whole scoring system needs to be overhauled and the judges are always atrocious.  But at the end of the final, Gordon is 100% correct,  he had 4 x 50 dunks - competition over - he had the most points. The players plan to have their 4 best dunks done over the first rd then the final, they aren't leaving their best dunk in the bag in case it's a tie.

Maybe instead of scoring individual dunks, they could score the dunkers per round at the end of the dunks. They would make it easier to compare and judge as a whole, because once you give someone a 50 dunk in the first round, there's no where to go for a more incredible dunk.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    only the nba could try to throw the contest and can’t count to 48. Idiots trying to fix a competition as the biggest sports stories going are two franchises in two different sports in two different contrived being penalized for cheating
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I miss East vs West

these stupid player teams are ridiculous 

NHL dumb as shit too

only MLB is semi-watchable

last night was the only thing worth watching 
    edited February 2020
    Yeah i miss East vs West in a simple game.  Give a bigger $$$ prize and just make it competitive.  

Edit:  i take it all back. That game was awesome after halftime. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Cosplay is almost as important as athletic skill in the dunk contest.
    https://youtu.be/UcXBxaOGmQM

Pippen has one of the best and Jordan has one better than the most famous one. 

The stuff Levine has done from the line is crazy too. 

If we’re tootin our own horns, I was not a nationally ranked athlete but I could cram pretty decent for a 5’10 1/2” white boy. 
  • That fourth quarter was awesome. Bummer it ended on free throws. But otherwise I though the format was fun. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

I tuned in when OT started. The play up to 157 score was pretty awesome, actually. Wasn't expecting that.

But they need to go back to East vs West. I hate not knowing who is on who's team. So dumb.

Can someone explain why they all were wearing the same number?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I tuned in when OT started. The play up to 157 score was pretty awesome, actually. Wasn't expecting that.

But they need to go back to East vs West. I hate not knowing who is on who's team. So dumb.

Everything was about honoring Kobe last night, hence the jersey numbers, 2 for his daughter and 24 for Kobe.

I do like Barkleys take on the allstar game w USA vs the world.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    good game.

I liked common but the dude with the #3 on his hat was a marginal “talent.”

thought it was a little cheesey that they carried over the $100k after the tied quarter. should have given it to both charities.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    good game.

I liked common but the dude with the #3 on his hat was a marginal “talent.”

thought it was a little cheesey that they carried over the $100k after the tied quarter. should have given it to both charities.
    That was Chance the Rapper.  He is really good.  Last night was not one of his best though.

What did you think of Damian Lillard rappring?
    I tuned in when OT started. The play up to 157 score was pretty awesome, actually. Wasn't expecting that.

Everything was about honoring Kobe last night, hence the jersey numbers, 2 for his daughter and 24 for Kobe.

I was expecting 8 and 24. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • I tuned in when OT started. The play up to 157 score was pretty awesome, actually. Wasn't expecting that.

I was expecting 8 and 24. 

Understandable.

The circle w the stars represents the 9 people that lost their lives in that helicopter crash.  That was a nice touch on them.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    pretty decent all star game. New format seemed to work pretty well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly