Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    What you think, maybe it's better for Celtics to lose tonight, so avoid Nets??
    Lol yes. They should lose on purpose and risk not making it at all to play a team that has stomped them all year.

Please keep underestimating the Sixers. 
    76ers and Nets in the conference finals for me.  If the Knicks get hot though it might change.  Never did I ever think I'd say that about the Knicks this year...
    I think they’re for real and dare I say I kind of actually like them as a team. But Ben Simmons has literally never lost a game to the Knicks. Ever. He’s like 14-0 or something. 

I would be surprised/disappointed if it took more than 5 for the Sixers to handle them. Although 5 games with this Knicks team probably causes as much damage as 7 games with most other teams with the way these Knicks play. 
    The Knicks look surprisingly good.  They play as a team, play both sides of the court and are pretty much drama free.  They are the little engine that could this year.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol yes. They should lose on purpose and risk not making it at all to play a team that has stomped them all year.

76ers and Nets in the conference finals for me.  If the Knicks get hot though it might change.  Never did I ever think I'd say that about the Knicks this year...
    I think they’re for real and dare I say I kind of actually like them as a team. But Ben Simmons has literally never lost a game to the Knicks. Ever. He’s like 14-0 or something. 

I would be surprised/disappointed if it took more than 5 for the Sixers to handle them. Although 5 games with this Knicks team probably causes as much damage as 7 games with most other teams with the way these Knicks play. 
    The Knicks look surprisingly good.  They play as a team, play both sides of the court and are pretty much drama free.  They are the little engine that could this year.
    I subscribe to SLAM and the newest issue has 3 possible covers. One of them is Randle and Barrett and I’m really hoping that’s the one they send me. Fun team to root for.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,252
    Yeah I think the Knicks are good. Real good defensively. That would be a good test for the Sixers.

Also, everyone: please continue to disrespect the Sixers. The city of Philadelphia just hates it when you do that to one of our teams. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,492
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

I give them zero changes to win East..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats to the Celtics for avoiding the Sixers in round 1. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
  • Options
    But now they have to play........THE NETS!

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Congrats to the Sixers for avoiding the force that is Jayson Tatum.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

Missing out on MVP this year.  Too bad.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Why has noone brought up the Lakers/GS game?  What a great game.  LBJ w the dagger of a shot, Caruso doing his thing, Curry dropping dimes from everywhere and making space and Dreymond being a huge presence defensively and only scored a point.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Who would have thought that the Lakers & Clippers would be chasing Utah for the top spot in the west!
    Won't last forever, don't worry.
    Right, should be only a few days before its the Clippers and Suns chasing Utah.
    I expect both those teams to catch up and pass Utah.  Lakers are going to suffer a wee bit and go through some growing pains without having AD in the lineup.

I’m not predicting a championship, but I think utah will hold onto the #1 seed.

uh, yeah, I believe I had that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

Sorry..Jokic!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

Sorry..Jokic!!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

Sorry..Jokic!!
    Luckily the regular season MVP award doesn’t have anything to do with playoff success. Especially these last 2 years  ;)
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:

Love it. 
    LOL! Seriously.
    Seriously..

Sorry..Jokic!!
    Luckily the regular season MVP award doesn’t have anything to do with playoff success. Especially these last 2 years  ;)
    But is a regular season MVP..lol
    Ja Morant gentlemen!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Great game at Milwaukee!!
    Triple Luca and 1-0 for Dallas!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    MSG on fire 🔥🔥🔥
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    WTF happened to the Lakers yesterday?  They didn't even show up.

Deven Booker can ball.
  • Options
    Now Lakers, that is more like it!
  • Options
    76ers killing it.
    Knicks get a win!
    Utah looked like a juggernaut even though Memphis came within 3 I think?  Ja can ball.

76ers advance easily. Knicks are going to shock people. Utah doesn't lose another game in this series.
  • Options
    76ers killing it.
    Knicks get a win!
    Utah looked like a juggernaut even though Memphis came within 3 I think?  Ja can ball.

76ers advance easily. Knicks are going to shock people. Utah doesn't lose another game in this series.
    Who are the Knicks shocking? They’ve been a good defensive team all year. 4th seed winning a round wouldn’t be shocking, IMO. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    76ers killing it.
    Knicks get a win!

Who are the Knicks shocking? They’ve been a good defensive team all year. 4th seed winning a round wouldn’t be shocking, IMO. 
    Regular season ball is much different than playoff ball, surely you understand that?  Giannis and team are great all year long and can't do shit in the playoffs.

I didn't have the Knicks making it past the first round.  I see them putting it all out there and winning the first round and a sweep in the second.  That is my take.
  • Options
    76ers killing it.
    Knicks get a win!

Regular season ball is much different than playoff ball, surely you understand that?  Giannis and team are great all year long and can't do shit in the playoffs.

I didn't have the Knicks making it past the first round.  I see them putting it all out there and winning the first round and a sweep in the second.  That is my take.
    I guess I don't understand what is shocking though. If they played like this all year and then win a series they are favored in and then lose the next round....that's pretty much chalk. 

I'm torn as to who I want the Sixers to play. I think they should have an easier time against Atlanta but it might be good to have a tougher, more physical matchup to get them ready for the ECF. It would also be more fun to play the Knicks too. Knicks/Hawks is a good one, though. I can see it going 7. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I can't imaging the media love fest that would happen if Zion had of scored 47 points in a playoff game.

It's about damn time people start putting some RESPECT on Temetrius Jamal Morant's name
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
     Utah doesn't lose another game in this series.

hope you’re right but I don’t think you are.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Utah doesn't lose another game in this series.

What do you want to bet?