Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Congrats to Portland for getting into the playoffs.  The Lakers should plow through them.
    I think the Blazers will give the Lakers a handful.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Poncier said:
    Congrats to Portland for getting into the playoffs.  The Lakers should plow through them.
    Maybe 1 win.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Agreed and i will add, Ja is the future..
    Ja? Realy? 

He needs to improve ona jump shot.  If he does that then I'll agree.  Dude has some serious baseline talent.  If he gets that outside shot then I'll agree.  He needs improvement though.  If not then he is Ben Simmons whom also needs to improve.

There is tons of talent in the NBA but if they don't get to that next level then it's just a good player...
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    23scidoo said:
    Ja? Realy? 

He needs to improve ona jump shot.  If he does that then I'll agree.  Dude has some serious baseline talent.  If he gets that outside shot then I'll agree.  He needs improvement though.  If not then he is Ben Simmons whom also needs to improve.

There is tons of talent in the NBA but if they don't get to that next level then it's just a good player...

He played in the bubble with a broken thumb. That’s why his shooting percentage dropped from the regular season. Ja is going to be just fine and is already a superstar. When he starts to get the calls that other stats get it will be a game changer. I couldn’t be prouder of this Grizz team and where they are headed. The future is bright. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Ja? Realy? 

He played in the bubble with a broken thumb. That’s why his shooting percentage dropped from the regular season. Ja is going to be just fine and is already a superstar. When he starts to get the calls that other stats get it will be a game changer. I couldn’t be prouder of this Grizz team and where they are headed. The future is bright. 
    Again, he will be fine if he gets a better jump shot...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Game is in great hands.  Doncic is unbelievable. Booker dropped 70 like two years ago and he’s still young. Tatum, Ingram, Zion, Ja.   

Im not worried about losing interest in the NBA.  Saw Doncic earlier this year.  Everything is just in flow.  At the end of the night i was like “wait he had 30 and 10??”
  • Options
    Game is in great hands.  Doncic is unbelievable. Booker dropped 70 like two years ago and he’s still young. Tatum, Ingram, Zion, Ja.   

Im not worried about losing interest in the NBA.  Saw Doncic earlier this year.  Everything is just in flow.  At the end of the night i was like “wait he had 30 and 10??”
    Jokic can ball too.  Trae Young is getting better.  Siakm has become a star.

I still think Zion won't last more than 5 years and I do hope I am wrong because he has some serious talent.

Next year we will see Lamelo Ball play too.  THAT gets me excited.
  • Options

The vast majority of the bubble games have been compelling and competitive.
    Setting up for a very interesting playoffs.

• Options
    Poncier said:

I have Bron and KD winning.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

KD? He isn't even in the dirty bubble.
    League has already directed the refs to install a Celtics/Lakers final. All time traditional match up for maximum TV ratings.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    ''League has already directed the refs to install a Celtics/Lakers final. ''
    ?????
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited August 2020
    Don’t count out the Raptors 
    they are playing good TEAM basketball with a deep bench
    not many teams can beat them in a 7 game series and they won’t be as beat up coming through the East as the western final contender
    now watch the Nets sweep them lol

Post edited by erebus on
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

KD? He isn't even in the dirty bubble.
    League has already directed the refs to install a Celtics/Lakers final. All time traditional match up for maximum TV ratings.

I assume he meant AD since even if Durant was playing he's on a different team.
  • Options
    If the Clippers have chemistry they’ll take it.  Big IF tho.  Kind of late to be developing that
  • Options
    I believe in big surprise..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Poncier said:
    I think so too.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    What Big surprise to you think will happen?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    If Mavericks beat Clippers, you take it as surprise??..
    And i hope for Blazers too..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    1 down, 15 to go...

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:
    If Mavericks beat Clippers, you take it as surprise??..
    And i hope for Blazers too..

Yeah, Mavs beating LAC would be a surprise.

I'd like to see the Blazers beat that other LA team too.
  • Options
    Luka with the highest scoring Playoff debut ever
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    Crazy Clippers/Mavs game.

The Clippers will be fine if they get better at defending the 3-pt shots.
  • Options
    Bucks sucks..if they expect all from freak, they have no future in the bubble..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    And you got it, a Magic surprise.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    ☹️☹️
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Just sayin'
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Just sayin'
    And that was the most comfortable the Blazers have looked against almost any team yet, even if they didn't score as freely as usual. Long way to go, but that's a pretty nice start.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Yeah that was minus a starter and with CJ and Lillard both scoring less than their Vegas over/under. Should be a fun one. 

That being said, the Lakers were 15% from 3. Not going to be able to rely on that for every game. If they shot a still horrible 25% they would have won handily. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Just sayin'
    I felt the same way. The Blazers are on a hot-streak right now, and Dame is ridiculous. I hope the Blazers win the series. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    And i had two!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.