Ohana Request - Cancer Diagnosis - Latest Update (page 1) & Trying Again

Comments

• Hi Chip thanks for sharing your story, I think you can switch even this diagnosis with your outlook! If you vibe high enough to meet Ed how you did, you have more magic than you know!! I will be at Ohana too, hope to meet you and give you a hug...Peace and Love V
    Hi Vicki - I appreciate the kind words and thanks!  See you in a couple of weeks!
  • Two weeks and counting till Ohana!
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    edited September 2019
    Bump
    Sending love and positive vibes your way. Hope you get your song.
    Post edited by bigbiggzy on
  • bigbiggzy said:
    Bump
    Thank you very much!  I love your profile pic BTW.  I still have a toddler shirt from PJ20 that I am saving (raising them right!).
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Thank you for sharing your story. It really put a smile on my face this afternoon. I will be at Ohana in a couple of weeks, hopefully see you there!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    I'm glad that we're talking years now. I wish you many years ahead of you. Have a great time at Ohana with your wife!
  • Thank you for sharing your story. It really put a smile on my face this afternoon. I will be at Ohana in a couple of weeks, hopefully see you there!
    Thanks Conor!  I am looking at the surf as we speak at Doheny on Surfline and can't wait.  We are leaving Sunday and will be there all week.  Looking forward to meeting and making some new friends at Ohana - Chip
  • One week before Ohana!  Flying out tomorrow first thing out of Boston.  Got a nice surf tune up this afternoon for Doheny with some post Humberto hurricane surf... B) Can't wait for a week of surf, sun, sand and music!!!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Bump

hope u get your song.  Best of everything to you and your family, Chip.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Hope you get it and the best of luck. My wife is headed to the show and I told her this story. She is hoping you get it too!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Good luck Chip, on the song and all things! It's a beautiful song and hopefully ed drops it in there for ya.
  • Nanou said:
    I'm glad that we're talking years now. I wish you many years ahead of you. Have a great time at Ohana with your wife!
    Thanks Nanou!  Drove up to Dana Point from San Diego yesterday afternoon.  Took the coastal route and very cool drive!
  • Good luck Chip, on the song and all things! It's a beautiful song and hopefully ed drops it in there for ya.
    Thanks Jim!  Love the song and couldn't think of a better one given the situation...getting ready to go surf Doheny this morning and can't wait to hit the beach.
  • bigbiggzy said:
    Bump
    Thank you very much!  I love your profile pic BTW.  I still have a toddler shirt from PJ20 that I am saving (raising them right!).
    Ha! Excellent. (And thank you)
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Bump cause I’m 2000 miles away in NY thinking about you chip. I hope the waves are plentiful and u get your song. 

Open with long road for chip!!!!!
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Sending positive thoughts and energy your way for Long Road tonight!!!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Hey now.

Hope you're having fun and EV may still bust this one out with another band.

BUMP

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Chip - hope you had a great weekend man! 
  • Hi Everyone - Thanks for all of the positive vibes and kind words!!!  The show, and week, were amazing.  It was so nice for Julie and I to have a vacation together as it has been 2 years since our last one.  I figured it was a long shot for the song request as its a short set list and different kind of show (you miss 100% of the shots you don't take... :)).  I guess surfing with Ed this week will have to make up for it... =)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    how do you get to surf with ed??

asking for a......ME
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Hi Everyone - Thanks for all of the positive vibes and kind words!!!  The show, and week, were amazing.  It was so nice for Julie and I to have a vacation together as it has been 2 years since our last one.  I figured it was a long shot for the song request as its a short set list and different kind of show (you miss 100% of the shots you don't take... :)).  I guess surfing with Ed this week will have to make up for it... =)
    Congrats on that! I'd say "sorry you didn't get your song" but it appears you far outdid that! Great to hear, bud!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • how do you get to surf with ed??

asking for a......ME
    Total dumb ass luck...the surf was crap most of the day and when it started to clean up at location X I decided to paddle out.  When in doubt, paddle out!!!
    Great life!!!
    Nice way to walk the long road.

Take it easy and get some fall trout. I'll try to do the same.
  • Well friends; super disappointed that Ohana is postponed this year (but I get it).  Looks like I have to kick Cancer's ass for another year... ;) so I can see everyone on the beach!!!  I don't post very often these days, but I am still fly fishing and surfing and just started a monthly maintenance shot after doing chemo for a year (feel good).  Gigaton is my new workout soundtrack and I love the new album!  I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and hope to be seeing live music soon.

Take care,

Chip
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Well friends; super disappointed that Ohana is postponed this year (but I get it).  Looks like I have to kick Cancer's ass for another year... ;) so I can see everyone on the beach!!!  I don't post very often these days, but I am still fly fishing and surfing and just started a monthly maintenance shot after doing chemo for a year (feel good).  Gigaton is my new workout soundtrack and I love the new album!  I hope everyone stays safe and healthy and hope to be seeing live music soon.

Take care,

Chip
    Glad you are staying positive Chip and know you will be at the show in 2021!
    Any fish pics?I did good early season. Almost like I knew what I was doing. Odd to be the dude catching the fish, on a fly I found tangled in a tree...tied to a fly I tied! Went the other day and local spot too warm/low already.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    with this being postponed for a year, it may improve my chances of going. this just might be a good thing for me. i'd love to see ed and the band on the beach just once. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Loujoe said:
    Any fish pics?I did good early season. Almost like I knew what I was doing. Odd to be the dude catching the fish, on a fly I found tangled in a tree...tied to a fly I tied! Went the other day and local spot too warm/low already.

Nice fish!!!  One piece of good news through this whole thing was that I was able to fish more and get out and explore new places.  I don't have any pics on my laptop, but if you are on Instagram I have plenty there (given2flyfish).  Went up North with the boys on Fathers Day and we got one fish each and lost a few (barbless hooks).  Tight lines - Chip
  • with this being postponed for a year, it may improve my chances of going. this just might be a good thing for me. i'd love to see ed and the band on the beach just once. 

Dream scenario for sure!!!  If you can go I highly recommend it.  I haven't had a lot of festival experience other than Ohana, but it's hard to beat for the scene, the vibes, the beach and the location...
  • Update - So it's hard to believe it's been 2 1/2 years since my diagnosis.  I did chemo for a year and have been getting monthly injections for the past year and a half to keep everything knocked down.  I feel great and still working, surfing, playing lacrosse and fly-fishing.  We've been able to knock a few items off of the bucket list (saw Orcas in Vancouver 2 years ago, surfed Waikiki this summer and went cage diving with sharks in Hawaii).  Julie and I are going to the first Ohana weekend and can't wait!!!  As I continue to check items off the list I figured I would give this request another shot...See you at Ohana!!!  Chip