cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    Biden is such a sleaze. Warren is such a decent person:

https://youtu.be/KySR4Yq_B3k
    You're such a troll.
    I believe I have already told you where I am from:

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield yourself from the real world? 
    Your sentence doesn't make any sense. Good try though. 
    Oh, here comes the little pile up of users roleplaying Mean Girls. 

All join in now. While you have the chance! Come in here @mcgruff10 and (sometimes) @Meltdown99 if you want to be part of the "gang".

Give it your best shot. Let it all out children. 

I called Biden a sleaze and Warren a stand-up person. This can't stand! So let's go, Regina and friends.
    There's no such thing as bad attention, eh?
    No need to turn mean (girl), just because your favorite Biden's numbers are dropping. 

Won't be an easy time in this thread after the debate, if you don't  control yourself. We don't wanna see you explode when Queen E is at the top. "Explore and not explode" would be my recommendation.
    Well we now see that Sweden is sexist. Why “mean (girl)”? Guys can’t be mean? Using an old derogatory term for a female that knows what she wants and pushes others aside to get it? :)
    Because I referenced the movie Mean Girls a post or two above the one you quoted.
    A sexist movie.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112

Because Biden  played to the base on the Hyde Amendment??

Trump would beat Warren by 100 points. Biden will beat trump by 10.

So support Warren and four more years of TRUMP!

Go ahead and VOTE for EW! Ewwwww. What time do the polls open in Stockholm?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I still don't get how Beto can be so low. It is surprising. He should have tried getting to the senate.
    I thought Beto would gain more traction as well.  He had that "fresh face" Obama-like quality. And he came close in Texas...

I hope Biden falls on his face, and soon. He's so "safe" he's dangerous.
    That makes no sense.  If he continues Obama policies, how is he dangerous?
    Thus far, Biden is the only Dem I might consider....or Beto for comedic value.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield yourself from the real world? 

All join in now. While you have the chance! Come in here @mcgruff10 and (sometimes) @Meltdown99 if you want to be part of the "gang".

I called Biden a sleaze and Warren a stand-up person. This can't stand! So let's go, Regina and friends.
    No need to turn mean (girl), just because your favorite Biden's numbers are dropping. 

Won't be an easy time in this thread after the debate, if you don't  control yourself. We don't wanna see you explode when Queen E is at the top. "Explore and not explode" would be my recommendation.
    Well we now see that Sweden is sexist. Why “mean (girl)”? Guys can’t be mean? Using an old derogatory term for a female that knows what she wants and pushes others aside to get it? :)
    Oh, fuck... he threw a fit when I referred to the Sedin twins as the Sedin sisters...you know me and every fan of hockey has probably said that at some point...next time I'll reference a movie...is it too late to ask Russia to have them?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I still don't get how Beto can be so low. It is surprising. He should have tried getting to the senate.
    I thought Beto would gain more traction as well.  He had that "fresh face" Obama-like quality. And he came close in Texas...

62% of the Democratic party is over 45.  These people are generally more moderate.  Say what you want, but Biden is running a general election campaign right now.  He's trying to do enough to secure the D vote and allow the liberals to split Warren and Sanders.  He's trying to do that without tacking too far to the left and not having to flip too much if/when he secures the nomination.  His ideal strategy is that Warren and Sanders continue to split themselves right down the middle, for as long as that can happen.  The longer the both of them stay in the race, the more secure Biden sits.  If one drops early next year, that puts much more pressure on Biden to veer left.  If Pete gains some traction (he's a moderate) that's another risk to Biden that will be more difficult to overcome.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

Because I referenced the movie Mean Girls a post or two above the one you quoted.
    A sexist movie.  
    Now you're being dishonest again. Because you know it was not.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

Oh, fuck... he threw a fit when I referred to the Sedin twins as the Sedin sisters...you know me and every fan of hockey has probably said that at some point...next time I'll reference a movie...is it too late to ask Russia to have them?
    Yeah but they played like some softies.  I agree it was an insult to Canadian and US women's hockey to lump the Sedin pansies with our top tier women's programs.  But I don't think that was the rub, was it?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

62% of the Democratic party is over 45.  These people are generally more moderate.  Say what you want, but Biden is running a general election campaign right now.  He's trying to do enough to secure the D vote and allow the liberals to split Warren and Sanders.  He's trying to do that without tacking too far to the left and not having to flip too much if/when he secures the nomination.  His ideal strategy is that Warren and Sanders continue to split themselves right down the middle, for as long as that can happen.  The longer the both of them stay in the race, the more secure Biden sits.  If one drops early next year, that puts much more pressure on Biden to veer left.  If Pete gains some traction (he's a moderate) that's another risk to Biden that will be more difficult to overcome.  
    Correct, the party would be stupid to further disenfranchise the moderate voters, regardless of how bad some “want” the world to swing far left.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

Yeah but they played like some softies.  I agree it was an insult to Canadian and US women's hockey to lump the Sedin pansies with our top tier women's programs.  But I don't think that was the rub, was it?
    No.  It is because they were pansies and the one let a dirtbag like Marchand punch his head repeatedly.  Even Gretzky would have at shoved him...my guess Gretzky throws a puch at him.  But Gretzky in Swedish hockey player...he's a proud Canadian (am I allowed to say proud, or does that make him a nationalist.).  By the way...Marchand is how big?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Why are you using an argument like "you are not an american citizen so you should not participate in this thread"?

@mcgruff10 has been fishing in the same waters before too, with similar remarks.

And I wonder why that is. Because obviously it's fucking moot and fucking stupid.

Do you feel you're getting backed into a corner or something, and that is what your reptile brains goes for to get out of it - "but eh eh eh... you are not even a part of this-this country!". 

If swedes were to vote, there wouldn't be much worry about Trump getting over 50%. So what is your point? That the american population suck so bad, Trump staying president is even a possibility? Maybe you should pray for me being able to vote then?

Or maybe focus on that weird problem in your little country, instead of on a non-us citizen having opinions on a rock bands international message board.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Correct, the party would be stupid to further disenfranchise the moderate voters, regardless of how bad some “want” the world to swing far left.
    My concern with Pete is relative lack of experience and I'm also not sure if he will punch back.  I'm certain Biden will.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well you were being sexist. If I were you, I would keep from bringing that up. 

"Every hockey fan degrades women" - what kind of an argument, or weird reason for wanting to keep that the normal is that? Why not be better instead of staying in the 50s?

Who the fuck would stand up or be proud of being backwards? You do you. But what the hell?

Maybe have a look, and educate yourself:
    https://youtu.be/XjJQBjWYDTs

Embarrassing.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676

Why are you using an argument like "you are not an american citizen so you should not participate in this thread"?

@mcgruff10 has been fishing in the same waters before too, with similar remarks.

And I wonder why that is. Because obviously it's fucking moot and fucking stupid.

Do you feel you're getting backed into a corner or something, and that is what your reptile brains goes for to get out of it - "but eh eh eh... you are not even a part of this-this country!". 

If swedes were to vote, there wouldn't be much worry about Trump getting over 50%. So what is your point? That the american population suck so bad, Trump staying president is even a possibility? Maybe you should pray for me being able to vote then?

Or maybe focus on that weird problem in your little country, instead of on a non-us citizen having opinions on a rock bands international message board.
    perhaps we might better appreciate a conversation amongst ourselves regarding how WE will choose to move forward, without the kitbitzing and overwhelming  volume of bullshit by certain posters.

really, I wonder , has IRA branched out?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:

perhaps we might better appreciate a conversation amongst ourselves regarding how WE will choose to move forward, without the kitbitzing and overwhelming  volume of bullshit by certain posters.

really, I wonder , has IRA branched out?
    I don't know if you're finished or gonna edit in a personal attack, 

but my suggestion would be to start a private messenger group.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield your fragile self from the real world? 

Would be better for all, than you just jumping in to post your non constructive troll-remarks.
    a) I believe I said I would do everything I can to stay out of conversations with you. And I'm keeping that commitment, as you're not worth my energy. Sometimes, however, when you regularly bring good conversations into the toilet with half-baked arguments or animated GIFs of Mario Kart to explain why Sweden is better than America in the middle of a conversation about Democratic candidates, I get pretty pissed that you come here to degrade good dialogue. You really are great at what you do.
    b) I can only assume by 'condescending shitposting', you're referring to me bringing up that you don't add anything of positive value. Your words here recently have been baseless, uninformed, and useless. I stand by that.
    c) Sometimes I agree with people on here, but more often I don't. In spite of that, I have great conversations with folks on here because I can disagree without being a jackass (until disingenuous or slanderous words are spoken, at which point - game on), and often come out of conversations with a more nuanced perspective, often learning that what I thought was true isn't. That comes with acceptance that I'm not the smartest guy in the room, and willingness to learn and (god forbid) be proven wrong. You don't seem to exhibit any of those qualities.
    d) A troll comes here to derail a conversation. Any reasonable person who has engaged with me on here should know that's not my intention, nor has it ever been. If you aren't a reasonable person and can't comprehend that, that's your problem.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    benjs said:
    a) I believe I said I would do everything I can to stay out of conversations with you. 
    And yet, as I've said before - you keep Hugh Granting your way back to me.

benjs said:
    or animated GIFs of Mario Kart to explain why Sweden is better than America in the middle of a conversation about Democratic candidates, I get pretty pissed that you come here to degrade good dialogue. 
    Your left leaning candidates are taking inspiration from and want to towards a European model, where Sweden in many ways stand out. It is also, by all statistics a better working country for its citizens. And the world.

Give one example where a Mario Kart GIF hasn't added to the discussion?

benjs said:

You don't seem to exhibit any of those qualities.

You are entitled to your opinion.

benjs said:

If you aren't a reasonable person and can't comprehend that, that's your problem.
    You are the one dropping nothing but "You're such a troll." - not me.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Benjs is not a troll, not even close...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He's a "safe" pick because he's moderate...
    ...but that might be "dangerous" in terms of electability because he's not going to energize anyone.  Hi might just end up being Hillary.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Benjs is not a troll, not even close...
    Where does it say he is?
  • Options

Would be better for all, than you just jumping in to post your non constructive troll-remarks.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    benjs said:

You posted a non constructive troll-remark.

This you can't deny?
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

He's a "safe" pick because he's moderate...
    ...but that might be "dangerous" in terms of electability because he's not going to energize anyone.  Hi might just end up being Hillary.
    Trump is the energy that is required to mobilize the electorate.  Warren and Sanders, specifically, offer substantial risk if they are seen as a danger to economic security of moderates.  Hillary had been the victim of 25 years of lies, distortion and negativity.  She is also what many in America fear, a strong woman.  I personally don't see people staying home and not voting because they are not excited about Biden.  Certainly some Bernie bros may not because they are generally uncompromising, but for the rest of the D, I think the hate for Trump is too white hot.  
  • Options
    benjs said:

This you can't deny?
    I found value in the remark.  Thanks Ben!  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

This you can't deny?
    Thanks mrussel! Hope you're having a great day too :) 

EV
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

This you can't deny?

• Options
    We need @brianlux in here...Boys, BOYS.../s
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

A sexist movie.  
    Now you're being dishonest again. Because you know it was not.
    Don’t make me @ Kat here 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    all I hear is Mrs. Garrett when I see that..  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    That's true...I loved that show.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The blonde on the Show lives in Texas, she was interviewed on National Television...I'll probably get a called a sexist or be reported, but I'll say, she was quite pretty still in that interview.  Just cannot remember where the interview took place.
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.