Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I thought Swedes don’t wrap themselves in flag.  Guess we know who is has been lying.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I thought Swedes don’t wrap themselves in flag.  Guess we know who is has been lying.
    The nationalism on this page is both rampant and vile.  Sickening.  
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Commenting on Biden:

Buddah: We're not gonna win by playing it safe, or promising a return to normal. We are were we are because normal broke.

Queen E: There are people who are ready for big structural change in this country 

Sane-ders: I understand that there are some well intentioned democrats and candidates who believe that the best way forward is a middle ground strategy. That antagonizes no one. That stands up to nobody. And that changes nothing. In my view, that approach is not just bad public policy but it is a failed political strategy

Yep, I’m done with identity politics. I’m not voting for safe play anymore. I support Warren and appreciate her wonky ways and I think she’s  a fighter.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    I do now believe the Allies in WW2 should have offered Sweden to Russia...perhaps for a case of Vodka...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I do now believe the Allies in WW2 should have offered Sweden to Russia...perhaps for a case of Vodka...
    Bottom shelf Kamchatka?  We used to be able to get 1.75 L for like 8 bucks growing up.  Mix that with a packet of kool aid and you had a fucking party.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012
    edited June 2019

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Looks like a ra ra nationalist to me, standing in front of that vile flag.  She's lost my vote simply by virtue of being American.  
    BS-patriotism seems to be needed to become president. 
    The same with having to believe in god.

Not very modern. But what's a boy to do? Just be a darling, and I will be too. Faithful to you.
    Like I said, being an American is disqualifying for the role.  
    The audacity of her to stand in front of an American flag.  She lost my vote because of that.  

I mean how, as a Native American, is she going to support that flag being put over her tribe’s lands?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Looks like a ra ra nationalist to me, standing in front of that vile flag.  She's lost my vote simply by virtue of being American.  

Not very modern. But what's a boy to do? Just be a darling, and I will be too. Faithful to you.
    The audacity of her to stand in front of an American flag.  She lost my vote because of that.  

I mean how, as a Native American, is she going to support that flag being put over her tribe’s lands?
    The "native american" joke, played out 65 pages ago. :)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I guess I missed it :)
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Biden is such a sleaze. Warren is such a decent person:

https://youtu.be/KySR4Yq_B3k
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.
    I believe I have already told you where I am from:

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield your fragile self from the real world? 

Would be better for all, than you just jumping in to post your non constructive troll-remarks.
  • Options
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield yourself from the real world? 
    Your sentence doesn't make any sense. Good try though. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

What happened with you "bowing out" and seizing your condescending shitposting and getting that javascript going to shield yourself from the real world? 
    Oh, here comes the little pile up of users roleplaying Mean Girls. 

All join in now. While you have the chance! Come in here @mcgruff10 and (sometimes) @Meltdown99 if you want to be part of the "gang".

Give it your best shot. Let it all out children. 

I called Biden a sleaze and Warren a stand-up person. This can't stand! So let's go, Regina and friends.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

All join in now. While you have the chance! Come in here @mcgruff10 and (sometimes) @Meltdown99 if you want to be part of the "gang".

I called Biden a sleaze and Warren a stand-up person. This can't stand! So let's go, Regina and friends.
    There's no such thing as bad attention, eh?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

No need to turn mean (girl), just because your favorite Biden's numbers are dropping. 

Won't be an easy time in this thread after the debate, if you don't  control yourself. We don't wanna see you explode when Queen E is at the top. "Explore and not explode" would be my recommendation.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I'm ok with this:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/caucus/2019/06/09/iowa-poll-biden-leads-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-pete-buttigieg-caucus-2020/1360801001/

The field of Democratic presidential candidates is starting to settle into tiers: Joe Biden leads the pack, and Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg are in close competition for second place, a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom/CNN Iowa Poll shows.

Twenty-four percent of Iowa’s likely Democratic caucusgoers say former vice president Biden is their first choice for president. Sanders, a Vermont senator, is the first choice for 16% of poll respondents, while Warren, a Massachusetts senator, and Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, are at 15% and 14% respectively. 

No other candidate cracks double digits. California Sen. Kamala Harris comes closest at 7%, and other numbers within the poll indicate some underlying strengths for her.

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke are at 2%.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

No need to turn mean (girl), just because your favorite Biden's numbers are dropping. 

Won't be an easy time in this thread after the debate, if you don't  control yourself. We don't wanna see you explode when Queen E is at the top. "Explore and not explode" would be my recommendation.
    I hope I can survive this pressure packed thread; surely it will be overwhelming compared to my daily life as a financial executive, husband, and father of three children being raised in a vile society.  Gosh, will this Pearl Jam thread be the straw that breaks me?  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

I hope I can survive this pressure packed thread; surely it will be overwhelming compared to my daily life as a financial executive, husband, and father of three children being raised in a vile society.  Gosh, will this Pearl Jam thread be the straw that breaks me?  
    Toughen up buttercup.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm ok with this:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/iowa-poll/caucus/2019/06/09/iowa-poll-biden-leads-democrats-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-pete-buttigieg-caucus-2020/1360801001/

The field of Democratic presidential candidates is starting to settle into tiers: Joe Biden leads the pack, and Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg are in close competition for second place, a new Des Moines Register/Mediacom/CNN Iowa Poll shows.

Twenty-four percent of Iowa’s likely Democratic caucusgoers say former vice president Biden is their first choice for president. Sanders, a Vermont senator, is the first choice for 16% of poll respondents, while Warren, a Massachusetts senator, and Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, are at 15% and 14% respectively. 

No other candidate cracks double digits. California Sen. Kamala Harris comes closest at 7%, and other numbers within the poll indicate some underlying strengths for her.

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke are at 2%.

It's really important to be first or second in the first round of the caucus.  Remember that these always go at least two rounds, and could last longer if several candidates have strong showings.  So for me, this was the key takeaway from the article..

Twenty-three percent say he is their first choice for president, 13% say he is their second choice and an additional 25% say they are actively considering him.

Just as many — 61% — say Warren is on their list. That includes 15% who choose her as their first choice, 14% who pick her as their second choice and 32% who say they are considering her.

So I would throw out the "on their list" metric.  I'm not sure that will come into play, but if you look at 1st and 2nd choices, Warren is only about 7 points back in a Caucus environment.  Sanders is definitely losing support to Warren.  Pete is picking up some steam, my guess from Biden.  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

At this point, it's kind of sad.  We get the US very bad, evil and vile.  Sweden great, everything is beautiful, sunshine 72 degrees and they all have pet unicorns to sooth them at night...seriously we should give them to Russia...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Never forget.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

Well we now see that Sweden is sexist. Why “mean (girl)”? Guys can’t be mean? Using an old derogatory term for a female that knows what she wants and pushes others aside to get it? :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:

Gosh, will this Pearl Jam thread be the straw that breaks me?  

I hope you haven't taken a job at an isolated closed-for-the-season hotel up in the mountains is all I'm saying.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You're such a troll.

Well we now see that Sweden is sexist. Why “mean (girl)”? Guys can’t be mean? Using an old derogatory term for a female that knows what she wants and pushes others aside to get it? :)
    Because I referenced the movie Mean Girls a post or two above the one you quoted.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I still don't get how Beto can be so low. It is surprising. He should have tried getting to the senate.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I still don't get how Beto can be so low. It is surprising. He should have tried getting to the senate.
    I thought Beto would gain more traction as well.  He had that "fresh face" Obama-like quality. And he came close in Texas...

I hope Biden falls on his face, and soon. He's so "safe" he's dangerous.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I thought Beto would gain more traction as well.  He had that "fresh face" Obama-like quality. And he came close in Texas...
    It must have been the Buddha coming in with similar qualities.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I hope Biden falls on his face, and soon. He's so "safe" he's dangerous.
    That makes no sense.  If he continues Obama policies, how is he dangerous?
  • Options
    What's the matter ... Sanders=free everything...
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.