Options

Poster (TDS)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018
    I will say, there is a degree of cruelty in here that wasn’t present a couple decades ago when I got into this band. Hopefully most of you are a lot more excellent to your fellow Pearl Jam fans in person. 

Live and let live... everyone be excellent this weekend. Cheers. 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited August 2018
    please don't disregard the 2nd post I made, I agreed that the OP shares a lot of the blame, repeating conservative bullet points in the Porch is going to end up badly, it's almost as though OP was trying to promote the right, when in reality both sides are pretty fucked up, both vote for military spending increases (even though we have over 900 military bases around the world & the next highest total is like 26), both support Wall Street & the Big Banks, the majority of the Democrats on Capitol Hill are right of center now, stars like Tulsi Gabbard are too few & in between, to think either party cares about us more than their corporate donors, means your not only delusional but probably on crack too
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    Politics aside. We're talking about ART!! ART!! Whether one agrees or disagrees with the artist's "message," an artist's ability to freely express himself or herself (regardless of the message) is of paramount importance. One may find an artist's message distasteful and may in turn choose to not view, read, or listen to said artist; that's one's prerogative. But to decry the freedom of artistic expression is (in my opinion) not only counterproductive but dangerous. Having said that, the OP has every right to express his/her views on this public forum. One may not agree with his/her stance on the matter, but in keeping with the theme of my post, he has the right to speak what he feels ... as does everyone else.

Some advice to OP: You've obviously been a Pearl Jam fan before this "episode." Given the band's history and political leanings, I find it surprising that the poster came as such a shock to you. I know you don't like it, but don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. PJ could and should still mean something to you. The poster isn't bigger than the band.
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I hope your membership number is lower than mine.
      =) me too