Poster (TDS)

Comments

• Wait!  Did we all get download codes if we're members?  I've been here a few years and occasionally see download codes mentioned but I never seem to locate them in my account.  Am I just a moron?
    You can get them here: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/my-account/membership
    Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry last question:  I'm a digital member, this must be an analog thing?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    Wait!  Did we all get download codes if we're members?  I've been here a few years and occasionally see download codes mentioned but I never seem to locate them in my account.  Am I just a moron?
    You can get them here: https://pearljam.com/ten-club/my-account/membership
    Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry last question:  I'm a digital member, this must be an analog thing?
    Oh yeah, that's only analog. Check out the difference between the two memberships here:

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Ah, gotcha!  Thank you Ledbetterman10.  (Now that is a name I've not heard in a long time!) Galdalf.gif!  I used to be on these boards like every day a few years back but not a lot of time to bullshit.  BUT at least I know enough not to put hastags in forums!
    Anyway thanks for your help!
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    Ah, gotcha!  Thank you Ledbetterman10.  (Now that is a name I've not heard in a long time!) Galdalf.gif!  I used to be on these boards like every day a few years back but not a lot of time to bullshit.  BUT at least I know enough not to put hastags in forums!
    Anyway thanks for your help!
    You're welcome. Yeah I haven't been that active on the forums myself over the past few years....probably because PJ themselves haven't been all that active. But it's good to be back..
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I'm always amused by the people on here who claim to be big PJ fans and have been for years and years and yet they seem surprised to find out that the band are LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.

Did you really find Ron Paul to be a liberal Democrat?

Or just a fan after all that?

• jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,503
    I hope your membership number is lower than mine.
    Lolz
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    KC138045 said:
    I hope your membership number is lower than mine.
    465428......bottom of her paragraph
    And I’m moving on up...
  • pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    Beat it you big baby
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Damn some Pearl Jam fans can be such assholes to anyone who has a opinion that varies from their own. This is the same exact shit here in Seattle, they call everybody else close minded, but I swear this is the most close minded place I have ever lived (I have lived in 14 different place across the U.S. and I voted for Bernie Sanders), they are only open minded as long as you agree with everything they say, it's total bullshit. You need open discussion & allow people to express their point of you, otherwise you have no way to identify who all the assholes are, if you limit free speech only to the people who you agree with & let the government & corporations decide, eventually you will find that no one has free speech, stop being such freaking pansies and getting your panties all up in a wad just because someone has a differing opinion, regardless of how misguided it may or may not be.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Eh, I don't think anyone was limiting OP's freedom of speech. For me, the fashion in which OP presented their case then proceeded to storm off in a huff was amusing. But, I guess you know all about that, don't ya?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    ^unneccessary low blow
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2018
    Damn some Pearl Jam fans can be such assholes to anyone who has a opinion that varies from their own. This is the same exact shit here in Seattle, they call everybody else close minded, but I swear this is the most close minded place I have ever lived (I have lived in 14 different place across the U.S. and I voted for Bernie Sanders), they are only open minded as long as you agree with everything they say, it's total bullshit. You need open discussion & allow people to express their point of you, otherwise you have no way to identify who all the assholes are, if you limit free speech only to the people who you agree with & let the government & corporations decide, eventually you will find that no one has free speech, stop being such freaking pansies and getting your panties all up in a wad just because someone has a differing opinion, regardless of how misguided it may or may not be.

Interesting point.  But a long drawn out diatribe By the OP was done. They had their say. We don’t have to agree with it.  Doesn’t make anyone close-minded.

It works both ways, the OP has the right to say it and we all have the right to respond. 
    The band has the right to make the poster, Trump supporters have the right to hate it, I have the right to frame it and hang it wherever I want on my personal property and giggle like a 10 year-old who met Grant Fuhr (actually happened).

In any event there was no “discussion” here.  The OP said they were out in no uncertain terms.  We all just said “CYA!” In our own way. By making that stance the OP was denouncing the same free speech right you are defending.  

So the Trump supporter has the right to cancel their membership and not be a fan, but these are the fairweather fans the band never wanted in the first place. 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Hobbes said:
    Eh, I don't think anyone was limiting OP's freedom of speech. For me, the fashion in which OP presented their case then proceeded to storm off in a huff was amusing. But, I guess you know all about that, don't ya?
    and the OP is repeating a bunch of Conservative talking points, so I do think in this case the OP bares some of the blame, wouldn't call it trolling necessarily, but I do believe OP subliminally was trying to get under some people's skin
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Interesting point.  But a long drawn out diatribe By the OP was done. They had their say. We don’t have to agree with it.  Doesn’t make anyone close-minded.

It works both ways, the OP has the right to say it and we all have the right to respond. 
    The band has the right to make the poster, Trump supporters have the right to hate it, I have the right to frame it and hang it wherever I want on my personal property and giggle like a 10 year-old who met Grant Fuhr (actually happened).

In any event there was no “discussion” here.  The OP said they were out in no uncertain terms.  We all just said “CYA!” In our own way. By making that stance the OP was denouncing the same free speech right you are defending.  

So the Trump supporter has the right to cancel their membership and not be a fan, but these are the fairweather fans the band never wanted in the first place. 

Thank you.  

I do admit that I didn't read the whole thing.  Way too long.  I will tell you that I skimmed over it and what came to mind was a great photo that I believe @dimitrispearljam posted maybe a year or two ago.  (Perhaps he still has it.)  "This isn't an airport.  No need to announce your departure."  

The poster isn't meant to give you warm, fuzzy feelings.  Sometimes quiet art doesn't quite get your point across.  Loud art is not always appreciated.  (And sometimes art in general isn't.)  Jeff wasn't quiet about his point and, "If you get booed once in a while, it's all right."  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    Why can't people with a fan club lower than 139XXX quit after this poster was released?!  damn this does me no good.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2018
    deadendp said:

Thank you.  

I do admit that I didn't read the whole thing.  Way too long.  I will tell you that I skimmed over it and what came to mind was a great photo that I believe @dimitrispearljam posted maybe a year or two ago.  (Perhaps he still has it.)  "This isn't an airport.  No need to announce your departure."  

The poster isn't meant to give you warm, fuzzy feelings.  Sometimes quiet art doesn't quite get your point across.  Loud art is not always appreciated.  (And sometimes art in general isn't.)  Jeff wasn't quiet about his point and, "If you get booed once in a while, it's all right."  
    Right on; Bang on. 

I love it when PJ pisses people off. Rock n Roll baby.... bring it.  Enough crap out there turning everyone into
    drones. 
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Ain't it funny how the real sensitive snowflakes turned out to be all the ones crowing about snowflakes, safe spaces, and identity politics ruining America? Dish it but can't take it. Classic bullies.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes, you can new jack swing from my nuts too. I gotta spread the swinging around otherwise I might be "ganging up" on these poor Trumpers. U are the scapegoat. Lol

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Hank, go dance it off somewhere.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Conservatives offend liberals, liberals offend conservatives. Crazy how this news shocks anyone. It’s a goofy little poster. People need to get over it. 
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284

I love Pearl Jam, and believe I always will, and the poster doesn't really bother me. However, normal educated people, including many PJ fans who have always fought the establishment, see that DJT is ending wars and going after a global human trafficking network. It's not hard to learn about and it's not "conspiracy theory". Unfortunately the media is owned by the network. Hence the hatred and endless vitriol and non-reporting of key issues. It's pretty obvious.

Anyone who mass arrests human (child) traffickers, as has happened, and ends a 60 year war in Korea as Trump has, and essentially ends a useless disgusting war in Syria, does not deserve this disdain. Why do you think the Bush's hate Trump? John Brennan? Are these good people? Why do all the most evil people, that we have always hated and fought against, hate Trump with such intensity? 

Again, I love the band, love the music, love the anti-establishment, but going after Trump is not anti-establishment in any way, and in order to do so, you ally with the Bush's, mainstream propaganda media, FBI and CIA in the process. Strange bedfellows. 

Think Haiti. Research Haiti. You will be sick.  

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,366

Its ok to dislike the artwork or to even find it distasteful.

Its NOT ok to call it something that its not.....the poster was not meant as a call to burn down the white house and incite violence.

Its fine to have different opinions. Its not fine to make up stuff, and try to pass it off as merely an opinion.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    McNairn said:

I love Pearl Jam, and believe I always will, and the poster doesn't really bother me. However, normal educated people, including many PJ fans who have always fought the establishment, see that DJT is ending wars and going after a global human trafficking network. It's not hard to learn about and it's not "conspiracy theory". Unfortunately the media is owned by the network. Hence the hatred and endless vitriol and non-reporting of key issues. It's pretty obvious.

Anyone who mass arrests human (child) traffickers, as has happened, and ends a 60 year war in Korea as Trump has, and essentially ends a useless disgusting war in Syria, does not deserve this disdain. Why do you think the Bush's hate Trump? John Brennan? Are these good people? Why do all the most evil people, that we have always hated and fought against, hate Trump with such intensity? 

Again, I love the band, love the music, love the anti-establishment, but going after Trump is not anti-establishment in any way, and in order to do so, you ally with the Bush's, mainstream propaganda media, FBI and CIA in the process. Strange bedfellows. 

Really. I cant tell if u are a Trump apologist or not. But if you think the things he has done "trumps" all the bad shit then u are way off base.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Bye. You’re not paying attention. I personally hope PJ and all the other artists who stand for something good and decent galvanize their fans because we need to be better, and IMO Trump is terrible for a ton of obvious reasons he has made clear with his actions and words and needs to go. I’m proud of them, once again, and I hope more bands, artists and pop culture figures follow suit. 

Love the poster is now going for 500+ on eBay too. Congrats Missoula collectors.
    Lollapalooza 7/92, Berkeley 10/93, Mtn View 10/94, San Jose 11/95, Mtn View 10/96, Oakland 10/97, Inglewood 7/98, Mtn View 10/99, Mtn View 10/00, Mtn View 10/01, Mtn View 6/03, Mtn View 10/03, George 9/05, SF 7/06, Mtn View 10/06, LA 10/09, San Diego 10/09, Mtn View 10/10, Vancouver 9/11, Oakland 10/13, Mtn View 10/14, Seattle 8/18
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    edited August 2018
    McNairn said:

Ummm, you can't be serious....Korea is no different today than when Trump entered office. If you think that's true (that he ended the war), you might try doing a bit of research behind whatever headlines you read from Fox or Breitbart. The US still has nearly 30,000 soldiers stationed in Korea, and that's not changing anytime soon. Trump has done nothing on the world stage other than embarrass the country time and time again.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Bubye 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,695
    Bye. You’re not paying attention. I personally hope PJ and all the other artists who stand for something good and decent galvanize their fans because we need to be better, and IMO Trump is terrible for a ton of obvious reasons he has made clear with his actions and words and needs to go. I’m proud of them, once again, and I hope more bands, artists and pop culture figures follow suit. 

Love the poster is now going for 500+ on eBay too. Congrats Missoula collectors.
    Now we love posters get flipped fir hundreds of dollars? Aren’t we against this instant flipping? Lol. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    I don’t really have a dog in this fight as I’m Libertarian and I find the left and right to both be overgrown children these days, but I agree with those saying you shouldn’t be surprised. 

PJ are far left, and they’re vocal about it. This has been the case for a long time. While I am always amused by the double standard (left lost their mind when people attacked Obama, yet comedians have held severed heads and artists make posters featuring bloodied corpses). Then again, the right has done stupid shit too. 

Bottom line, our political system is broken and dumb people are being turned into pawns in a war with a false narrative where we must pick a side. I don’t see that getting any better anytime soon. 

Meanwhile, I’ll turn the channel when either side spits their agenda, go piss and get a beer when Ed gets on the soapbox, and continue to vote independent until sanity prevails. 

See you guys in Wrigley in a couple day. Can’t wait to hear some great music! 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement.