Options

Let’s be honest about mobile tickets... so easy to hack

2»

Comments

• Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I didn’t even “hack” this process as I had GA for the first night and seats for the second night, but I do know people who took advantage of this hole in the process.

But after seeing people paying others to get GA when they have seats or seeing kids jump over a wall to get to GA, I thought don’t these people know there are easier ways to get to GA?
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    AaronKampAaronKamp PNW Posts: 12
    I think the controls on GA has helped, it's not perfect, but it's definitely better than it was in the 90's and 00's when it was mostly a free for all. I broke 3 ribs on the rail in front of Stone at the Key Arena on the No Code tour. At Safeco on Wed, they scanned our tickets twice, once at GA gate and then again inside for wristbands. It was pretty chaotic though, and I'm sure many got wristbands without the double scan. 
    '91:  8/23, 12/15 | '92:  1/3, 7/22 | '93:  9/5, 12/7, 12/8, 12/9 | '95:  2/5, 6/24, 9/13, 11/4 | '96:  9/14 | '98:  7/19, 7/21, 7/22
    Y2K:  5/10, 8/4, 11/2, 11/5, 11/6 | '01: 10/22 | '02: 12/8 | '03:  5/30 | '05:  3/18, 9/1 | '09:  9/22
    '18:  8/8, 8/10, 8/13
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    Can't remember what year it was at Wrigley but basically they ran you through a chute to get wristbands.  The wristbands were plastic and shiny metallic pink and gold.  One was for floor and was GA.  They checked them everywhere.  if you cut off and taped them, I would be afraid to be seen without one and get booted.

Overall the system seemed pretty effective, but I'm sure someone beat it that year.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    JB128716 said:
    I didn’t even “hack” this process as I had GA for the first night and seats for the second night, but I do know people who took advantage of this hole in the process.

But after seeing people paying others to get GA when they have seats or seeing kids jump over a wall to get to GA, I thought don’t these people know there are easier ways to get to GA?
    there was a guy in front of us on Night 1 in GA that was sending screenshots of his ticket to people with non-GA tickets so they could go get wristbands. He was with like 5 people before the show started, and when it did start, there were like 10 of them. Then he left about 6-7 songs in and didn't come back until the 2nd encore.
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    AaronKamp said:
    I think the controls on GA has helped, it's not perfect, but it's definitely better than it was in the 90's and 00's when it was mostly a free for all. I broke 3 ribs on the rail in front of Stone at the Key Arena on the No Code tour. At Safeco on Wed, they scanned our tickets twice, once at GA gate and then again inside for wristbands. It was pretty chaotic though, and I'm sure many got wristbands without the double scan. 
    Interesting. My wife had GA Sat and we went through the correct gate but ticket was only scanned on entry.  Granted the wristband people were 10 feet away so that seemed unnecessary to double scan and they were only letting GA in that gate.

On wed we had reserved and they had a massive crowd that couldnt be handled so they started letting people in any gate.  Went in centerfield gate when reserved was left field (Safeco staffed pulled us from the correct line).  There was a table with both reserved and GA band.  They just looked at our phones without scanning.  Could have easily screenshots them.

I think they could end alot of mayhem if the band actually started playing at 730.  Much of the issue was people drinking until the last minute and trying to get in late.  First show they start on time would end the massive surge

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    100 Pacer said:
    You gotta scheme if you want an Ed tambourine. 
    Was this a tag on Green Disease?  ;)

Seriously, in '16 at the two Toronto shows there were a fair amount of people without wristbands leaving GA after the show.  More the second night for sure...it was packed tight in there, but that show was not a 10C show.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2018
    As long as they scan the ticket before issuing a wristband it's fine.
    I was at an airport recently and I had a screenshot of my ticket as well as one in my Apple wallet. I used one to get through security and then I must have used the other to try and board the plane. The guy asked if I used another ticket on the way in. I had to use the original scanned one to get on the plane.
    It wouldn't be difficult at all to keep people from getting wristbands.

Edit: Maybe you've actually highlighted the flaw and now it will be resolved.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ponytd said:
    JB128716 said:

there was a guy in front of us on Night 1 in GA that was sending screenshots of his ticket to people with non-GA tickets so they could go get wristbands. He was with like 5 people before the show started, and when it did start, there were like 10 of them. Then he left about 6-7 songs in and didn't come back until the 2nd encore.
    That is complete bullshit. I hope they find a way to prevent this from happening. 
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Snitch

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    At least it wasn't Wrigley 2013. After the rain delay there was zero enforcement of GA. People were hoping the gate in front of security and they didn't care anymore at that point. It was probably twice as crowded after the rain delay.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    mace1229 said:
    At least it wasn't Wrigley 2013. After the rain delay there was zero enforcement of GA. People were hoping the gate in front of security and they didn't care anymore at that point. It was probably twice as crowded after the rain delay.
    During the rain delay they were letting people leave to get food and come back in the stadium without checking tickets.  I’m sure plenty of people made it in the show that did it even have a ticket. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

This discussion has been closed.