Thanks for pulling off AMS night 2 and playing Hard To Imagine! Best band in the world!

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I didn’t get long road but I have a feeling you ll get hti.  
    Looks like the setlist for SHN was very thought out and HTI would not have fit into it at all I think. I am hoping they open up more a bit with the set for Encore but excited for whatever they play. You will get Long Road in the spring man!

It'll fit in for Ohana. 
    I like your positivity! 
  • im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    I support this.
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
    1 week until we fly out bump!
    Ohana Festival is done and Encore is next! After seeing the sets and hearing from friends that were there we really wish we could of made this first weekend work. 

I am really hoping with the extended set time for Encore they can fit this gem in. My wife, and everyone else for that matter, has had a rough year and this is the perfect song to release all of those emotions. 

Also if anyone wants to chat or meet up at Encore and has not PM'd me yet do so this week! Would love to say hi and put some faces to some forum names. 

Cheers,
    Jeff and Jess. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    PJNB said:
    Ohana Festival is done and Encore is next! After seeing the sets and hearing from friends that were there we really wish we could of made this first weekend work. 

I am really hoping with the extended set time for Encore they can fit this gem in. My wife, and everyone else for that matter, has had a rough year and this is the perfect song to release all of those emotions. 

Also if anyone wants to chat or meet up at Encore and has not PM'd me yet do so this week! Would love to say hi and put some faces to some forum names. 

Cheers,
    Jeff and Jess. 
    Bump. Couldn’t think of a more fitting song after all that’s happened the past 18 months!
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    Hope it happens for you and your wife. I'm just looking forward to seeing my favorite band perform live again, they seem to be having a great time back on stage. 

On an aside, and don't want to be negative or a downer, just wondering where the extended time is coming from. I got the email stating a 7:50 potential start time, though won't they just make the curfew 10 pm? Is it just hopeful thinking, don't get me wrong, I would love a 2.5 to 3 hour set but don't want to get my hopes up. 

Back on topic, +1 for Hard to Imagine at Ohana Encore. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    potnik said:
    Hope it happens for you and your wife. I'm just looking forward to seeing my favorite band perform live again, they seem to be having a great time back on stage. 

On an aside, and don't want to be negative or a downer, just wondering where the extended time is coming from. I got the email stating a 7:50 potential start time, though won't they just make the curfew 10 pm? Is it just hopeful thinking, don't get me wrong, I would love a 2.5 to 3 hour set but don't want to get my hopes up. 

Back on topic, +1 for Hard to Imagine at Ohana Encore. 
    Curfew is 10:50pm this year
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    Thanks for the information. I clearly didn't read all of the other threads stating that. 
    potnik said:
    Thanks for the information. I clearly didn't read all of the other threads stating that. 
    At this point I think there is no doubt the curfew will be 10:50pm or 11pm. That would be dirty if they moved it back to the original 2019 and before fest curfews. I think PJ made a conscious decision and went with the two nights with the later curfew to give us more songs and playtime. That said until they announce the set end times I am crossing all fingers and toes to make it true. 
  • I'm chasing Hard to Imagine as well.  
    I'm pretty sure I've seen every Socal show since 1995 and I know I haven't seen it live - definitely over due.  
    This coming weekend will hopefully change that.  

re:curfews...people keep saying 10.50 or 11p.  they sure didn't play that late this weekend - why do you think they'll play later (or have a later curfew) for the Encore weekend?

6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
    I'm chasing Hard to Imagine as well.  
    I'm pretty sure I've seen every Socal show since 1995 and I know I haven't seen it live - definitely over due.  
    This coming weekend will hopefully change that.  

re:curfews...people keep saying 10.50 or 11p.  they sure didn't play that late this weekend - why do you think they'll play later (or have a later curfew) for the Encore weekend?

I am not sure the exact walk off time on Friday but it was after 10:55 I was told. KOL were scheduled to play until 10:50. Saturday was close to a 2hr set and walk off was 10:44. It was scheduled I think to be 10:50 as well for end time. Sunday night seems to have a 30 minute earlier curfew I am guessing due to a worknight. Hopefully when they officially unveil the sets they give us the 10:50s again! 

Also I said it before in this thread but the first time they played with recognizable lyrics was in California. 
    May 13Slim's CaféSan Francisco, CA

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Long Road -> HTI -> Quick Escape

Let's do it.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    bbiggs said:

Let's do it.
    I second this. That would be an epic opening!
  • bbiggs said:

Let's do it.
    Man, I like the sounds of that!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:

Let's do it.
    You owe me a beer if they play this. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Let's do it.
    We have two queens in our room... Just sayin lol
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    good luck!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Have a nice trip J., be safe and i hope you get the song..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Thanks guys! Only 4 shows this year and know the sets are not as flexible as a full tour would be but still hopeful. We fly out tomorrow morning and no matter what this is going to be great!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Bump!
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    HTI 4 PJNB :prayer:
    Renfield said:
    Leaving now to drive to the airport. Going to be a fun trip!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJNB said:
    Renfield said:
    Leaving now to drive to the airport. Going to be a fun trip!
    Awesome---enjoy it! They sound awesome & I hope they play it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Great tune. Hope they bust this one out!
  • I would be happy to hear it. Hopefully they do.
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Bumping this back to first page :)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Let's do it.
    We have two queens in our room... Just sayin lol
    I wish man.  Sadly I ll be at work tomorrow.  Be safe and have fun. Hope you get hti!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Bump for HTI
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    Day of show bump! If they play it that would  be great but we are going in without a care on the set and can not wait to hear the new songs! Thanks for the bumps everyone!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    BLACK35 said:
    Bump for HTI